“Nice staff good location”

Tunjung Mas Bungalows and Resort
Ranked #74 of 592 Ubud B&B and Inns
Vienne, France
“Nice staff good location”
Reviewed July 1, 2012

I Booked a standard room on line 50$ a night which is a good price. Swimming pool is small and some of the furniture needs changing. Beautiful garden well maintained. The staff is very nice and the receptionists are very helpful. The only downside right now is that there is a big construction site next door, they start at around 715am so if you like a lie down look for somewhere else. The inconvenience is not as much if you stay in a bungalow.

Stayed July 2012
2 Thank jean-yves c

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Kansas City, Missouri
Reviewed June 28, 2012

This hotel is just a short walk away from the busy business part of Ubud. The hotel is a wonderful retreat. The room was clean, cool and comfortable. The pool view was amazing. The staff was friendly and accommodating. There is currently construction going on next door, but it didn't bother us too much. The hotel staff was very apologitic about it. With the value and the comfort, I would definitely recommend this spot in Ubud.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Taipei, Taiwan
Reviewed June 24, 2012

Stayed here for 5 nights, 3 nights in a Standard room and 2 nights in a Deluxe room. Definitely shell out a bit more money (US$15) for the Deluxe room which is much more spacious and comfortable. The Standard room is okay, but the bathroom is quite cramped. Suggest the hotel add some towel racks to free up the counter spaces. The mattresses are thick, springy and comfortable. We had very good sleep here. The breakfasts are very tasty with big glasses of fruit juices.

Location is good, 5-10 minutes walk to Monkey Forest Road where there are many shops and restaurants. About 40 minutes walk to Ubud Market with lots to see on the way.

Hotel staff is very helpful and efficient. On checkout, I expected to spend the usual 10-15 minutes waiting for the bill to be counted, but they had it ready for me.

Very nice hotel, will stay here again.

Room Tip: Deluxe rooms are very spacious and comfortable, Room numbers 1,3,5.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Pat L
australia
Reviewed June 24, 2012

Stayed here 3 nights, booked online sight unseen, gotta good price around Au$40 a night.

Welcoming staff, fruit drink on arrival.
Got a standard room right down the back - room was a good size, reasonably new looking with some wear & tear, not grotty tho. Aircon & tv work well, however there are only Bahasa Indonesia channels, so brush up if you need your tv fix.
There is a bar fridge & kettle etc for tea & coffee, & a hair dryer, I never used them so can't comment on functionality.

The bathroom is separated from the rest of the room by a glass wall - I was on my own, but it might be somewhat disconcerting for others - there are curtains that can be pulled across if you don't want your room mate watching you on the toilet.
There is nowhere to hang any clothing, not even a hook anywhere. I just used the 2 chairs to drape things.

The pool is small but tidy, and welcome after a hot day out.
Breakfast needs to be ordered the night before, specifying the time you want it, & options are limited, no buffet.
Breakfast is the only meal available, you have to venture out for everything else, but there are several restaurants and a large supermarket within a 5 minute walk.

All in all, a nice tidy place.
HOWEVER, the construction of the 4 storey place next door is a problem now & in the future.
Now, because they start up the angle grinders at about 0730, if the noise doesn't get to you, the smell will. As they are just putting the frame up now, I expect building noise to be constant for the next few months at least.

In the future, because most of the rooms only have windows, or in my case, French doors, on that side. Once that building goes up, there will be no natural light coming in to any of the ground floor rooms, and the upstairs rooms will have light blocked out from this new building too.

Such a shame & no fault of the owners or staff here.

• Stayed June 2012
1 Thank livinginnasuitcase
Reviewed June 22, 2012

My husband and I were scheduled to stay here for the first part of our honeymoon for 5 nights but we only ended up staying for 1 night. We arrived late (2am) and the staff were waiting up for us which was lovely and we were shown to our rooms quickly given the time. However at 7am we were woken due to construction activity right outside our room. Under normal circumstances, we may have stayed but given it was our honeymoon we ended up leaving. The staff were very understanding though and even dropped us off to Tjampuhan resort which we ended up at.

Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
San Francisco, California
Reviewed May 22, 2012

We've stayed at this small hotel (called a bungalow) at least three times and every time it has been a great stay. The rooms are very large with great amenities, breakfast (either in your room or by reception) is enjoyable and large, and we especially love the pool. Our last visit was a short one, just one night on our way home, but it was quite wonderful to have a quiet, welcoming place to stay.

Room Tip: Spend a little more on the "deluxe" rooms if you want to be on the second floor. All room...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank MikeHSFO
Sydney
Reviewed April 22, 2012

I stayed in Tunjung Mas for 5 nights by myself. I wanted to visit the Yoga Barn and was not disappointed; only 5 minutes walk from the Barn and a lovely, relaxing place to stay. The hotel itself is clean and comfortable. My room was massive and well equipped and the bathroom was the biggest I've ever stayed in. My beautiful balcony overlooked bamboo and the gorgeous gardens and I was very happy with my stay. TM may not be the newest of hotels which shows in some places but it is still amazing value for money and was a welcoming place to stay. The staff are all super friendly and are what make this hotel special. The absolute highlight for me though was the massages with Komang in the spa. Again, the spa is not the most luxurious to look at but Komang gave the best massages of my life!!!! I arrived with chronic hip pain but skipped out 3 massages later!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo