“EXCELLENT PLACE TO STAY”

Tunjung Mas Resort Ubud
Ranked #71 of 666 Ubud B&B and Inns
Reviewed November 11, 2011

Standard rooms are very good, very clean and comfortable with a garden view. The only downfall is not enough storage space in bathroom, as it is quite cramped where toilet and basin is (could have just been my room layout). Overall the resort looks beautiful. Gede also, is only too willing to help you with anything and is a very nice man. Staff are friendly and courteous. Breakfast is delivered to your room at the time requested based on an order menu or you can eat in lobby area. The hotel is around a 20 minute walk to the centre of Ubud but only a 5 minute walk to Perama Bus Station and a 10 minute walk to Monkey Forest. Taxis are around 20,000rp to get to central area. There is a pool hall just down the road which is cheap and a good place to meet other travellers. I had a great time here whipping Murcutt's butt off!!

Room Tip: Room 19 has a balcony looking over rice fields
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank 4aqua

Reviewed November 5, 2011

Despite most of the good review, I really couldn't like this hotel. The location is alright, near to yoga barn and bebek bengil and within walkin distance to monkey forest street. Service of the hotel is excellent no doubt. They gave us free shuttle to ubud market and ibu oka Babi guling, also fetched us from the other hotel, tegal sari, for between hotel transfer. Landscaping of the hotel is beautiful. But other than that, I can't give any compliment. I stayed in the deluxe room no 3 upstairs, but I would rather stay in the standard room which my friends took. The villa offers no paddy field view. The room and the toilet are big, but they are so old which make me feel so eery. The lightning is too dim that I can't read a book even with all lights switched on at night. I have more than 20 mosquitoes bite despite plugging in an electrical mosquito repellent and burning a mosquito coil in the room. I asked for a mosquito spray but the staff said they do not have it. The toilet stinks and the wall is so worn off with pieces of paint fall off and some paste of cement without repainting as shown in pictures. Toilet bowl has brownish stain and there is no standing shower. Only a shower handle in the bathtub. The hair dryer provided is like 20 years old. For USD 60 I certainly expect more than a breakfast with only one egg, 2 white toast, and a super diluted juice. The standard room 08 which my friends stay in is brighter and looks more modern. But there is black ants troop in the toilet that they have to call the staff to spray twice. I stayed in a wooden room in tegal sari ( opposite tunjung mas) the day before, and the experience was completely different with similar price paid, where u get Balinese style and comfort minus the eeriness.

• Stayed: November 2011
1  Thank isme_linSS
Reviewed October 29, 2011

We stayed at Tunjung Mas for five days recently (early October, 2011). The room was very thoughtfully appointed (universal power plug, hairdryer, etc) and super-comfortable. Spacious, spare, the AC and TV worked, they let you make local calls for free, and the breakfasts were on time and delicious. The whole place is a long narrow bit of land tucked into a busy street of Ubud, but it is set way back from the traffic and there are many orchids and colorful plants and a little pool that is okay for cooling off but not much if you are into swimming laps. VERY nice people run this place. It's right across the street from a great restaurant L'Nuriani's, which overlooks a lovely bunch of rice fields and has wonderful staff and a rocking happy hour. If you want a great, SAFE, informative, driver who speaks English well and is fun and considerate, ask at the restaurant for Dewa/Chico/I Nyoman Ardika or call him at -------. He drove me and my 84-year-old mother-in-law around for five days and she absolutely loved his driving -- testament enough?

Room Tip: We liked the room we had, #6, on the bottom level. All the rooms have their own floor and an entranc...
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed October 9, 2011

Spent our first three nights in Bali at Tajung Mas and was pleasantly surprised. Paid Uk£40 a night for a superior room including breakfast during the first week of September 2011. The bedroom and bathroom were spacious complete with aircon, a fridge, complimentary water, hairdryer and a t.v (which we didn't bother with). There was no separate shower, but the bath and shower attachment was fine. We had nice views from our veranda over the gardens and rice fields. Breakfast was fantastic and was brought to our room each morning. The swimming pool was ideal for a nice cool down at the end of the day, but maybe not suitable for olympians wanting to do endless laps.
Tajung Mas is about a 10 minute walk to the Monkey forest and about 20 minutes walk to Ubud palace.
One top tip i would reccommend is to arrange transport pickup with the hotel if you are travelling direct from the airport. It will probably work out cheaper (200,000RP / £15) and will save time, as our taxi driver got lost and had to ask for directions several times. Taxis at the airport tried to charge 400,000 RP, and only managed to haggle them down to 250,000. Not sure how much a metered taxi would have cost.

Room Tip: Pay a little extra for a superior room for view over the grounds and rice field.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank popeyeNqy
Reviewed July 15, 2011

Stayed in Tunjung Mas for 2 nights and this is a really nice place. Check in was quick and staffs are friendly and helpful. Room is big and clean but I found the bed too be a bit too hard for my liking. TV was not working but who cares. You don't watch TV when you're in Bali. Love the patio and breakfast is served in the garden. The famous Bebek Bengil is just 5 minutes walk and 15 minutes walk to the centre of Ubud. I highly recommend this place.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jazelyn
Reviewed July 4, 2011

Refreshing cool fruit punch served while we were waiting at reception for check in. Once done, one of the friendly staff helped lug our baggage to room 05, at the very end of the hotel. The three statues outside the room seemed to be welcoming us.

Room was compact but neat. Walls looked new and clean. We were also provided the standard 2 bottle of mineral water.

Internet was only available at reception, but it was really speedy. Located near to many restaurants and just a short walk away from shops. Soft-spoken Komang provided us with a photocopied map of Ubud and we took a walk up north along Hanoman, all the way to Ubud market. Trudged back to the hotel vicinity through Jalan Monkey Forest at dusk, had some food at Warung Ubud. Got back to the room to find many ants in the room, but reception was prompt in sending someone to clean up. The staff was apologetic and did a clean job, it never reoccurred through the rest of the stay. He did this while out of his uniform, so I supposed he was recalled while being off duty.

The outdoor dining area just outside the room was beautiful. Surrounded by greenery, it was like eating in our own garden. Strategically shaded from the morning sun, we remained comfortable while having breakfast which was served right there. Accompanied by chirping of birds and fluttering butterflies, what a great day to the day.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 30, 2011

I stayed for a week at Tunjung Mas and it was very quiet even though Ubud is quite noisy and busy. My room was so private and I even had my own private courtyard. The staff were friendly and helpful. I really didn't want to leave! It is situated quite close to everything including the Monkey Forest. I will definitely stay there again. Very good value for money.

Room Tip: My room was a
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled solo