“Mind blowing Views!”

Black Penny Villas Ubud
Ranked #37 of 622 Specialty Lodging in Ubud
Reviewed March 18, 2014

The room is to die for!

Its absolute value for money for the price you pay.

The panoramic views of lush green forest ahead of you are hard to capture on camera or in words. The sunrises and sunsets are just magical. The plunge pool is nice and deep (be careful if you are travelling with kids) we just loved it though.

The bed is super comfortable and the large open bathroom is a nice touch. The interiors are a contemporary take on Balinese architecture. Very sheek!

The food menu is limited but reasonably priced and good to taste. There are a lot of options to explore in Ubud city which is just 10 mins on bike. They also provide free cab service to the city once a day. You can hire a bike and explore at ease if you wish to at a nominal price.

The staff is courteous and always helpful to say the least.

Its a great bet if you are looking for a luxurious stay with your loved one without burning a hole in your pocket!

Room Tip: We stayed at the pool with river facing.(No.9). which was the room far down. They have the best view...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Dewa-BlackPennyUbud, Manager at Black Penny Villas Ubud, responded to this reviewResponded April 7, 2014

Dear Prathyusha, Thank you for taking time to write a review on trip advisor. We loved to hear that you enjoyed your holiday in Black Penny Villa Ubud-Bali. We noted your compliments and committed to do more to improve our products and services in future. We wish to welcoming you back at Black Penny Ubud in near future. Namaste and Thank you.
Dewa

Reviewed March 17, 2014

The Black Penny villas were beyond words! Between the staff and the insane villa views i don't think there is a better place to stay in all of Ubud. The black penny villas are a tucked away gem. Each villas views face right into the deep balinese rainforest. These villas were VERY clean and gave you a taste of balinese culture. The bathrooms were traditional inside outside bathrooms with a large soaking tub!! The bed faces two sliding glass doors that go to your private infinity pool. Very clean and well maintained pool. The rooms far exceeded our expectations not to mention how friendly and personable the staff was. We ate at the restaurant almost every night and enjoyed the delicious food! I loved the location of the villas....you could walk down hundreds of stairs right from the reception area and be surrounded by rice patty fields and the lush green of the rainforest. Just a short right to monkey forest road about 5 mins, and they provide a shuttle. I never wanted to leave. Best luxury villas and so well prices. 20 STAR!!!!

Room Tip: Every room is perfect.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Isabella, We would like to express our thank you for your review. We do happy that you enjoyed our villa during your holiday in Bali. We will share it all team members and sure they will be happy to hear that also. However we need to improve our services and products so we will be more pleasure to welcoming you return to Black Penny Villa Ubud-Bali.
Dewa

Reviewed March 8, 2014

After c/I process,we knew that this is the place that we're looking for.
The view from inside our villa is overlooking the private pool, forest and mount batur, it was tremendous. The pool size simply perfect for couple.
In addition you can see Ayung river while you are relaxing on the edge of the pool. We can walk down to Ayung river. The path was steep and uphill to go there however it pays with the fresh air.
The view made us want to buy our villa but that's impossible.
The service was good for a new born property we can feel that they are trying their best.

Room Tip: For more privacy, request a room with no.8,9 or 10
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Mi-171112
Reviewed March 7, 2014 via mobile

It was the first visit to Ubud for my partner and I, and after extensive days and nights online researching for a place to stay, we finally decided on the Black Penny.
Upon arrival, we were greeted warmly by the manager and completed a brisk check in process with the receptionist, who was gracious and friendly. During our stay, the same receptionist was also extremely helpful and knowledgeable and booked our activities and dinners for us with spot on recommendations.
The rooms were beautiful beyond words could describe..WOW! and most importantly always kept spotlessly clean. Waking up to the view of the hills before us and the rivers beneath just sets the mood for the day. The star studded skies and sounds of nature in the nights was also amazing, with a cool breeze that's a refreshing change to the 10 humid days in Bali.
Food and beverage was always delivered promptly, and the waiters were extremely professional, especially the tiny Balinese ladies, considering they had to carry trays up and down flights of thick heavy steps!
Transportation to and from Ubud centre was arranged with ease, and the drivers would always pick us up on time from the restaurants every evening.
Being a new property, the Black Penny has delivered an unforgettable experience at all levels. The only recommendation would be to provide 24 hour assistance as I was unwell late one evening and there was no one at the desk to provide assistance. We are already looking forward to our next visit and would not hesitate to recommend the villas to our family and friends.
Thanks to all at your fabulous property!

Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 5, 2014 via mobile

Love staying here. From the welcome drinks and finger food on arrival to the breathtaking villas. Amazing. Friendly staff, always there to help in anything you need. The peacefulness, the pool, the bed, the drinks and food. A place to stay for a couple for a few nights in Ubud.

Stayed: March 2014
Reviewed March 3, 2014

For my first trip to Bali, I researched and looked at tons of photos. It took me 2 months to decide on a hotel because I was determined to have a room with a view and an infinity pool but not pay obscene prices.

What you get at Black Penny Villas is nothing short of Paradise!!

There were not many reviews on the villas when I first booked and so I went out on a limb based on the pictures that were posted and the fact that I was exhausted by searching. It was the best decision I could have made. When you walk into your room, your mouth just drops. The view is breathtaking from any of the villas. The villas are placed up the side of a mountain hill so that every villa gets a view, the farther down the stairs you go, the better your view will be.

The property is fairly small so the staff remembers you. I was greeted every morning at breakfast -- and around 11, you can catch the free hotel shuttle into Ubud center. When I would return from my day out, Gupti (sp?), would greet me (by my name!!) at the entrance, and ask about my day and see if there was anything I needed. While all of the staff were amazing, she truly made my stay what it was! I have never had such outstanding service or felt so welcome. Also, be sure to also check out the Dance (Thursdays and Sundays I believe?? I could be wrong) But there is a show consisting of a story with some Dance. Its a very enjoyable way to end your evening and I loved that the hotel offered that!

I was travelling alone, but did have a friend who was travelling through Bali, who disliked her place and ended up staying with me. The staff was just as welcoming to her! This place is secluded, so its great for couples, however, as a solo traveler just trying to get away from noise, it was exactly what I needed.

I plan to visit Bali again and absolutely will return to Black Penny!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank Michelle G
Reviewed February 28, 2014 via mobile

We booked Black Penny after seeing just the images online and the villa didn't disappoint. The view was mesmerising and the staff very courteous. On more than one occasion they went out of their way to help us - from booking our fast-boat transfer to Lombok, to preparing a breakfast box to go - the service was exemplary.

The villa is very close to central Ubud and the reception will help you in hiring a bike. E did not manage to explore everything or take part in all the activities, so we left with a quiet determination of returning soon. And, when we are back in Ubud, it's definitely going to be at Black Penny.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple