All reviewsprivate gardenmin driverice fieldsa free shuttle busshuttle servicecomfortable bedkadeinsectsvillageckoprivacykettlereceptionisttransportwayannature
Reviewed September 13, 2014

I did really enjoy my time at Bumi Ubud resort. The gardens were divine, pool and view were lovely, rooms spacious and the general feel is welcoming and enjoyable.

The bathroom needs a renovation, the tiles are old and it needs some love. We had a problem with out toilet leaking and smelling of sewerage at times. The shower was cold. Basically the bathroom was just unpleasant. Everything else was up to standard except the wifi was very intermittent.

Breakfast was average but fresh and fine (just dont have huge expectations).The staff were lovely. If you plan on leaving the hotel more than once a day I would recommend staying in a closer hotel as the shuttles and taxis can get a bit repetitive.

Also a note for the owners would be to extend the shuttle into the ubud information centre as most other Ubud resorts do as the Coco mart is still on the edges of town and can sometimes be inconvenient.

Staff thank you for your smiles and friendliness! I will miss the serenity of this hotel.

• Stayed: September 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Drew B
Reviewed September 11, 2014

The hotel has 12 cottages, big nice garden and an excellent pool. Not that is big, but is quiet and has a nice view. The room and everything is how I was expecting and I liked it a lot. The only problem they have is with the ants: they are everywhere. But if you leave the lights on, they don't come. The location: is far from the city center (10 min by taxi), but they have a shuttle bus (free) and a taxi costs just 60.000 rp, so I would not consider this a problem. The staff was great, the most funny and cute people I meet in Bali. The wi-fi is not really working, so you can really enjoy a quiet and relaxing time and feel the island.

• Stayed: September 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Falkor007
Reviewed April 28, 2014

Not too sure when we first drove up, but were soon enamored.The hut had its own walled garden, flower petals at the entrance, and on the bed. Amazing infinity pool overlooking rice paddies. The staff was fantastic and could not be friendlier or more helpfull. We only saw one other couple in our two night stay. Ubud is about 3km away, they have a shuttle service that was basically at our beck and call. If you are looking to de-stress, this is the place! My wife and I would come back here in a heartbeat!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank HEDZER
Reviewed March 30, 2014

Of the three resorts that we stayed at in Bali this was the standout by a long way. The website only goes so far - in real life its truly wonderful. For the first time ever I watched my partner being emotionally affected by the pure beauty of a setting. A few minutes out of Ubud is a fine place to be and no problem as the resort shuttle will take you into Ubud (and bring you back although we used taxis to return as they are very cheap). The pavilions are just so beautiful. Enclosed in their own wee garden setting with an outside fale as well they are so nice to stay in. The aircon unit is set back a bit so isnt too noisy when you are sleeping. Everywhere were fresh flowers and every day we got new ones, on our door steps, on our beds, in the bathroom etc. We walked around the rice paddies early one morning with one of the staff from the resort and got to see the rice at different stages of growth. The swimming pool here deserves a special mention. Set looking out over the rice paddies it is lovely and there one easily spend the day relaxing and reading in between swims. The staff here are lovely too - helpful and friendly. Our rooms were serviced to a good standard every day with fresh bed linen every day. Laundry can be done for you at a very reasonable cost as well. I cannot think of one negative thing to say about the Bumi Ubud and we are going to return there next year (booked before we left). My only regret is that we didnt stay here longer.

Room Tip: After looking in our friends rooms I think that every room here is nice. You could ask to be near the pool if you wished.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
5  Thank gillian-nz
Reviewed December 31, 2013

I booked three nights at Bumi Ubud via Agoda and I really enjoyed the stay. We were welcomed and shown to the two private villas that my group was using. The manager came and introduced himself to me, knowing my name which was quite impressive but he also informed me that for the third night we would be moved to their sister hotel, the Bhuwana Hotel Ubud. This was because Agoda and Bumi Ubud weren't entirely on the same page regarding room availability. Although everything was fine and I really enjoyed Bhuwana, it would have been nice to have been informed of this before arrival.

The grounds and villas appear to be quite lovely with great plants (and occasional small wildlife) making for a great experience. The best part is definitely the restaurant and pool that look out over the rice fields. Unfortunately there could be a bit of work done on the rooms themselves. The villas are quite large but it'd be nice to have a couple couches or chairs besides the dining table to sit at. Also cicaks and moths were very easily able to infiltrate the rooms. I went back to my room one night to find tons of bugs all over the lamps and so I actually did use the mosquito netting on the bed. Perhaps the biggest problem came when the lights, AC and some other parts (but not all) of the power in my brother's villa went out. Maintenance was able to fix it but it was probably two hours without power. The wi-fi is basically only available at reception.

Although the hard-product could use some improvement the service was fantastic! Everybody was friendly especially with my infant nephew and they offered to hold and take care of him often. Although there is a standard schedule for getting into Ubud, the staff can drive you in and pick you up nearly anytime which was great on our tight schedule. The staff were able to switch my brother's room from one with two twins to a king room although it took some time to get the key and move luggage.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Matthew B
inyoman99, Manajer at Bumi Ubud Resort, responded to this reviewResponded January 8, 2014

Dear Mr matthew
Warmest greeting from bumi ubud resort
Thank you for visiting bumi ubud resort and taking the time to share your experience on tripadvisor
We are delighted that you had a lovely experience during you stay with us, and hope you would be back for the next vacation to bumi ubud resort
One again thank you for your comment and we look forward to welcoming you back to bumi ubud resort
Best regard
Nyoman and team bumi ubud resort