“A slice of Paradise in Ubud, Bali”

Natura Resort and Spa
Ranked #110 of 196 Hotels in Ubud
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“A slice of Paradise in Ubud, Bali”
Reviewed March 25, 2011

We left the crazy busyness of Legian and enjoyed the peacefulness and quiet of this
amazing Villa Resort. It sits above a river gorge and from our private patio and pool
area you can hear the rushing water and see monkeys and birds playing in the jungle
below. Our room was wonderful, truly Balinese style with open bamboo ceilings and
furniture. The outdoor shower and stone bathtub were just off the indoor bath and
were totally private. I loved the lap pool that is build right in the side of the hill and is
next to the river. I enjoyed using it in the morning before enjoying our wonderful breakfast.(included in the rate) The Resort provided a free shuttle service into town which was great for shopping and dinning. Also took advantage of the Spa services which were housed in private mini villa's along the river. After my massage and scrub a
bath was prepared for me filled with flower pedals. The tub hung over the building with the rushing river below, amazing and truly relaxing!! Staff was always engaging, giving and truly some of the finest service I've ever experienced. WOW! What a great place! My only regret is that we didn't stay here longer. Thank you! Thank you!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (92)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Thai first
Laguna Beach, California
Reviewed March 24, 2011

We really loved this resort, and the staff were incredible. We were in Bali for our honeymoon, spanning over my birthday. The staff adorned our door and bed with special flowers and umbrellas to bring us luck. And, they gave us cake for each occasion. I never imagined such hospitality! The room was also gorgeous, cantilevered over the forest with an incredible view. It is a forest, so there were some bugs. And, the air conditioner generally worked, but not all the time. The resort is also a few minutes outside of Ubud, which we didn't mind.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
Jakarta
Reviewed March 23, 2011

We stayed during Nyepi days with 6 and 10 yrs old children. In the night my son got sick and I called to be taken to nearest clinic/doctor. The response was very quick and the driver went beyond his duty, taking us to private doctor (even it was closed) then to clinic and be with us all the time to make sure everything is fine and that we were taken care by the clinic. Other staffs were very genuine. Even the GM was very kind.
The pool is fantastic, great view and clean.
I will recommend this resort to everyone. The only thing that need to be improved is the food (variety), also I tried to look for authentic Balinese food but the taste was still hotel's/ resort's taste. But the restaurant staff were great.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
Jakarta
Reviewed March 13, 2011

Whatever minor issues are there will be forgotten once you see the view from your room. it's just spectacular. You can also hear the gushing river which is very special. Booked the deluxe room but got upgraded to the pool villa. Stay in this room if you can: the private day bed is so relaxing i stayed there more than in my own bed. The service is impeccable: warm,proactive, and efficient. When I went on my own for tea, they asked if I wanted some taken to my room for my companion. They also allowed me to stay in my room for the entire last day without additional charge because my flight was still late that evening.

Minor cribs: shuttle service could be more frequent or customised especially during low season. The complimentary breakfast is the same every day. Food is decent but nothing inspiring. Bath tub looks very old and worn out.

Overall, one of my favourite resorts and one that I will keep going back to!

• Stayed March 2011
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed March 10, 2011

We stayed for 4 nights, the entire holiday received excellent service and thouroughly enjoyed every meal at the beautiful in house resturant, the pools were amazing and the villas were perfect; clean tidy, private With great air con!! And was complete with such attentive, kind and caring staff on hand 24hrs. Highly recommend natura to complete any holiday to Bali :)

• Stayed August 2010
dc
Reviewed March 4, 2011

Get the four seasons experience at a fraction of the price. Spectacular views, quietness. The villas are truly an amazing design and architecture, with the outdoor bathtub, their own pools, the works. And the views over the ravine -- your jaw drops.

The hotel staff are super sweet and I've made great friendships here, they organized a blessing ceremony for my 6 month old (her first Balinese birhtday) that was so beautiful and authentic. We have stayed here 3 times and can't get enough. My daughter was always taken care of with love whenever I needed a babysitter.

Besides reading a book and soaking the greenness and the peace, you can hire a moped and go explore the backroads of the village. I bet that's where eat, pray, love was filmed :), you know that scene where she is cycling through rice fields. You could also cycle, down the road in the same village is the BAIK bike company that will drive you up to the top and you just cycle down. We have gone to local blessing ceremonies, had one organized for our family (with the full balinese temple attire, makes for amazing shots and gets you to interact with the Balinese). The rest of the time we just go explore ubud. It's a bit away from happening Ubud so for proper hip restaurants, yoga, and performances you need to get a car. We usually hire a car for ourselves to have all the freedom.

The hotel could improve:
-shuttle service (should be every hour plus on demand if shuttle is available)
-restaurant -- lower the prices and improve the quality
-spa -- lower the prices to be more compatible, we usually end up going to the spa at the Alam Jiwa because it is half the price and just as nice
-breakfast -- have some variety
-freshen up the place -- no need for major improvements but just make sure no mold anywhere, just spruce it up...

I was actually lucky enough to run into the owner who also owns the museum pacifica. The museum is his current passion and he lets his local manager run the place which explains why this hotel needs some freshening up. Anyway, the hotel owner said the place hardly covers its operating costs so I can understand if they don't want to do major renovations. But it could be spruced up if management can put in some new energy into this project.

It's a fabulous find overall and I'd recommend it strongly.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed March 2, 2011

I spent three weeks in Bali and Natura was my favorite place in Bali by far. It is set high up in the jungle. The infinity pool overlooks the lush jungle setting the tone for this unbelievable resort. The rooms are luxurious and very comfortable. The outdoor bathtub and shower is a perfect compliment to the room. The staff is beyond kind (especially Wayan) who I still stay in touch with today. I can not recommend this enough. You would be missing out if you did not make this a must stay. The rates are very fair for what you are getting!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple