“Not just amazing”

Arma Museum & Resort
Ranked #97 of 198 Hotels in Ubud
“Not just amazing”
Reviewed September 17, 2013 via mobile

Didn't expect it to be soooo gorgeous! !!!!!!!!!!!

Saw some stains on tn pillows and blanket. But you won't care. The environment the villas are amazing! Love it! I'm actually writing this review while lying in bed! It's everything u want to see in ubud. Artistic resort. Will definitely go to check out the museum tomorrow morning .!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Staffs are very helpful and friendly. They explained everything to u with a warm smile. Aircon is strong enough! Love the out door bath and private pool the best. There are bugs, but if u don't like them then just stay in the boring 5 star chain hotels, this place is for someone who really wanna feel the true Balinese and experience the diff cultures and arts.

Will recommend to all my friends!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh they have Internet in room. Signal is pretty good!!!!

Each villa is separated from others. Very quiet. But can't do naked swimming lol as the swimming pool is facing to public alley. Unless you want to show everyone your butt lol

Two nights are just not enough!!!!!!!! Hope the next hotel in seminyak can beat this one but I think it's pretty hard.

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank omgjingjing

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
all over
Reviewed September 11, 2013

Very good hotel. The grounds are large and superbly beautiful, luscious green with orchids and other exotic flowers around.

Stayed in Arma in the beginning of September for 5 days. Room 818 above the pool was quiet and pleasant. It looked a little tired, but spacious and clean. So was the bathroom.
There is no tv, which is a blessing for me but maybe frustrating for others.
My problem was the sealed windows, had to sleep with a door open, which was safe anyway.
There were no mosquitos .
The breakfast was good, the Thai restaurant not so much.
Cafe Arma serves perfect Italian espresso.
The art museum is interesting and free for hotel guests. So are the evening dance performances.
I would recommend this place for those who want to have some peace and quiet. The hotel gives you that special intimate feel and space for yourself.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed September 7, 2013

Gardens very beautiful and room fine but the whole thing spoilt when I check out and mentioned I din't want a fuss but felt disappointed that items had gone missing from my room the only day the cleaner went in. Two items, nothing of value but gone. I had my friends in another room check as I thought it so bizarre.
So the receptionist says sorry, I wait for the cab to the airport and he comes back to me and says the maid had seen the perfume but not touched it and the supervisor believes her. What does this leave me as ? A liar? Plain sorry would have been better. They also bungled the bill in their favour. Poor communication or just poor? Unimpressive.

Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Katie W
Agung_Rai, General Manager at Arma Museum & Resort, responded to this review, July 12, 2016
Although this has been happen way back, we feel sorry for the inconvenience caused by your lost and problem were not solve properly. Sincere we apologies because of lack of communication and understanding skill it may occurring no satisfaction. Under our new management we are attempt to improve all lines in our services and ensure that in future such accident will not happen again. Your construction comment is valuable for us in improving all aspect in our hotel operation.

Once again thank you

Best regards

Bagus Mustika
Doha, Qatar
Reviewed August 12, 2013 via mobile

I spent four lovely days here, and enjoyed them all. Hot water is an issue in the morning, but if you take your bath or shower in the late afternoon, after trekking, biking, etc. there is lots. I had a lovely room overlooking the pool. Breakfast was fine, the Thai restaurant very good, and the Kaffe also good. There are a lot of stairs, so you need to be careful not to slip. Overall, I would return here for another lovely stay.

Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed August 7, 2013 via mobile

My 2 sisters and I recently spent 8 days in Bali this was the first time the three of us travelled together. Our first stay was three nights at a ARMA. We were so happy to be upgraded to the superior villa room which was huge and absolutely beautiful. I'd recommend this resort highly. It also has 2 museums and regular evening performances.
Thank you for another great stay.
Lisa

• Stayed July 2013
San Francisco, California
Reviewed August 5, 2013

I had planned a month's stay at the Arma. On the second day of my stay, I slipped and fell breaking my right ankle and a bone in my leg. I slipped water from a ceiling air conditioner which had pooled up on the slick white marble floor. If this had happened in the states, there would have been proper compensation (reimbursement for travel expenses, loss of wages, etc). I was non-weight bearing for 3 months and the trip back from Bali with a broken leg is worthy of a screenplay. I wrote to Arma requesting a free month's stay for my troubles and never heard from them. They are not very accommodating, and even tried to charge my card for the 28 days that I had reserved.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
3 Thank ladolcevie
We are sorry to hear such bad luck happen to you during your stay at ARMA Museum & Resort and hopefully by now you are already cure and having normal activities, healthy as you use to be.

Sincere apologies for all inconveniences caused by the accident and sorry of the lack of communication meanwhile.

Under new management we are attempt to improve all lines in our services and such problem will not happen again. We ensure you that we will taking carefully care of all our guest in future.

Sincerely yours

Bagus Mustika
Maisons-Laffitte, France
Reviewed August 4, 2013

we are staying in the family villa... this is fantastic: 2 huge bedrooms with bathrooms with a big private pool! more than a dream!
the family villa is perfect or a family a 5... but the room are not directly connected.. you have to go through the garden with private pool... not for little kids.but fantastic for us !
the Arma taï restaurant is very good!

Room Tip: the family villa is perfect or a family a 5... but the room are not directly connected.. you have to...