Bisma Eight(Ubud)
Orbitz.com
$712
$661
Savings alert! 19% below average rates

The price you found is 19% lower than this hotel's average rate of $821/night.

All reviewsshindu roomdewi roomyamuna roommonkey forestcafe wayanlake lekeafternoon tearice fieldslily pondsprivate pooleach morningupstairs roomfree shuttlehuge roomfish pondshuttle servicetraditional balinese style
Reviewed May 25, 2017

Stayed for 3 days with my daughter. Our suite was amazing - every service and comfort one could dream of. Made for happiness. Courteous staff, spotless accommodation in perfect peace (only noises from nature), spotless, comfortable pool with pool-side service, when requested. All needs accommodated.

Room Tip: All options provide different experiences - ours was probably more than we needed.
  • Stayed: May 2017, traveled with family
1  Thank Treasa M
Reviewed May 24, 2017

I have just returned from a week at Alam Shanti hotel in Ubud.
I booked the Dewi Room, which is a delightful upstairs room. It has a bathroom and also a lovely balcony.
The staff are lovely and the grounds very well kept. The room price includes breakfast and afternoon tea. The breakfast was really good with good choices too. You could take breakfast in your room or in the hotel grounds, just order and in around 20minutes the staff would carry our breakfast to us wherever we wished to take it.
There is a pool at the hotel Nora next door, just a two minute walk away, Alam Shanti provide pool towels.
Alam Shanti is around 10-15 minutes walk through the Monkey Forest into Ubud. There is also a walking path around the Monkey Forest for the evenings as the Forest closes at 6pm. However, Alam Shanti also has a free shuttle service.
Whilst we were in Ubud, we used the hotel driver Dewa -he took us to the Bird Park, then the Butterfly Park and onto the amazing Rice Terraces.
This trip was the absolute highlight of our week in Ubud and I would definitely recommend it for a great day out.
One thing I would say about Ubud is that it us very hot and humid - take some wet wipes with you and also Mosquito repellant for the evenings. Prices for food and drink outside the hotel are very good value and inexpensive.
There is a nice bar in Ubud for the evenings to sit and watch people called Maha, and a nice restaurant that we went to called Bumi Ubud, also another was the Ubud Inn, they both do great food. There are many restaurants outside the hotel too, one was the Chilli Inn and I recommend this too.
The weather was wonderful whilst we were there 15/5 onwards.
I hope you have a great stay too.

Room Tip: All rooms are good, but one has its own pool and is good for a family. Higher floors are better for views.
  • Stayed: May 2017, traveled as a couple
3  Thank EssexMax
Reviewed March 31, 2017

We've never stayed anywhere so beautiful and the service was great. We had the Saraswati room, the entire 2nd floor of a small "house." I believe the veranda was even bigger than the room, with two lounging beds, a table and chairs, and a small fridge in a wooden cabinet. In the room was a four poster bed, nighttables, another table and chairs, a desk, and a bench. The bathroom was covered in marble (or limestone, I don't know), and the tub looked like it could fit a small family at once. Inside the bathroom was the wardrobe. Fresh flowers greeted us on almost every surface, and we were also given a bowl of fruit. Our room came with breakfast and afternoon tea and cake (in reception or in our room), and the food was most excellent. You must try the black rice pudding! The only downside was construction taking place RIGHT next door, 8:30 to 5 every single day, and we did get a bit of a brush off when we first mentioned it. After we got our travel agency involved, it was too late to move so we were comped a dinner at their restaurant. We didn't let that spoil our stay; the room and grounds were gorgeous, lily ponds all over the place, flowering plants and trees, and a large pristine pool. We'd definitely go back.

• Stayed: September 2016, traveled as a couple
1  Thank mischiefmaker
Reviewed March 29, 2017 via mobile

I stayed as part of a yoga retreat and the effort every staff member makes to accommodate your needs is above and beyond anything I have seen before. The rooms are named after gods and are like small houses with a living room and separate bedroom. Mine had ac and a ceiling fan that worked wonders after being in the very hot Balinese sun. Bathroom includes toiletries, plenty of towels and bathrobes. The cleanliness and attention to detail is spotless. There are small lizards but you are in the tropics! Nothing abnormal there and absolutely nothing that bothered me at all. The location is good, very close to monkey forest park and around a 40 min walk to Ubud market. It's quiet and secluded, but has easy access to near restaurants. They offer a shuttle to cafe Wayan and moto taxi are available everywhere for extremely low prices and a thrilling ride experience. If ever back in Bali this will be the place I'll return to.

Stayed: March 2017, traveled with family
1  Thank Daniela G
Reviewed January 12, 2017 via mobile

I was doing a detox across the street and the accommodations they picked were a little dirty - so I treated myself to shanti for a few nights. It's truly heaven back there. Wonderful people and incredible nature. I felt like a princess.

Stayed: January 2017, traveled solo