“My second favorite place on earth!”
Review of Alam Shanti

and 1 more site!
Alam Shanti
Ranked #75 of 198 Hotels in Ubud
Kaiserslautern, Germany
“My second favorite place on earth!”
Reviewed March 24, 2014

Oh Bali, how I love you. We were a group of 3 early 30's ladies travelling together for one last trip before we got married and moved away from our homes in Italy. We booked this hotel based on reviews and we were NOT sorry for it. The place is divine. I imagine it might be hard to get bad service in Bali, as the people in general were so wonderfully respectful and genuine.

From the welcome drink at reception, which was a delightful banana-ish smoothie (YUM!), to the sweet people who looked after us every day, we felt like royalty. I forgot our room name, but it was upstairs facing away from the resort. Very spacious rooms, lovely open air balcony with furniture to lounge on, gorgeous tub and bathroom. The only drawback to the hotel for me was being hot, I can't recall if they had no air conditioning or just not one big enought to cool the very large suite. It was so hot and humid, but you really can't get around that in Bali. We expected this so it was fine. The service is simply outstanding, we returned to our room once and there was a (VERY) large spider right on the key lock on the door. I was not expecting it so I screamed. The workers came running from everywhere to check on us. I apologized profusely for the fuss, and one of the men took care of the offending creature. :-) Every morning we walked the grounds and checked out the pools looking at all the vegetation. It's hard to take in just how gorgeous Bali is until you spend some time there.

We did enjoy the pool and the spa services. Wonderful service and facilities. These folks are true care takers. The free shuttle into town was a huge hit with us as we didn't have to sweat the walk in and back. It was easy to go grab dinner, shop and take in shows knowing we didn't have to walk everywhere. I remember the resort being very close to the moneky forrest, we walked and it was one of the highlights of our trip.

While I can't recall the name, one evening we were hngry, but wanted food close, so they recommended what I think was a sister hotel just next door to them. We sat on a patio legs crossed on beautiful pillows at a low table surrounded by tiki torches in the middle of a wade pond on a huge wooden deck. frogs croaking all around made the atmosphere fabulous. And it was one of the best meals I've ever had. Chicken skewers, some sort of curry, it was awesome. And our meals were about $4 each, so we tipped well.

Overall, I loved this place. I'd return to say again in a heartbeat. You can't really beat the price for the service and accomodations.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Dallas L

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (97)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Georgetown, Texas
Reviewed March 20, 2014 via mobile

The location in Ubud was not the best because because it took a good 15 minutes to walk to the edge of town. The hotel had a shuttle but not convent. The staff went out of there way to help.. Wi-Fi in the room did not work, had to go to reception.. Lots of stairs to our room on the second floor. Each building had 2 units..
Need a driver call Dewa Parsi ph 081-747-00276
E-mail dewaparsi@yahoo.com

Stayed January 2014
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed February 26, 2014

My first trip to Bali.I was disapointed in Bali way over built ugh!!!Thats the way of the world now!!
We stayed in Ubud at the Alam Shanti property for 5 nights.Everything about our villa stay was perfect.The service was top notch as well as the food and location.They even have free shuttle service into town!!!

I shout out 5 stars!!!

Room Tip: all great!!
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Livetoravel
Bengaluru, India
Reviewed February 25, 2014

This beautiful place is like a paradise. Well maintained property, clean and very very hospitable staff. We stayed in Utari room, which was an independent bungalow with the rice field view. Its proximity to the town centre was another added advantage. Kudos to the team and management for creating such a beautiful property.

Room Tip: " Utari room and the adjacent room, with the rice field view"
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Mullumbimby, Australia
Reviewed February 19, 2014

My wife and I have stayed at Alam Shanti five or six times. We've stayed In a number of different rooms of which Gangga, Indus and Gayatri would be my pick.
Rooms are spacious and comfortable with airy balconies
It's a beautiful property with friendly and helpful staff which makes it a perfect place to relax.

When we go to Bali we use Bali Nice tours who provide a VIP service at the airport and we also use them for transport around the island. Wayan and his brother Made are always there to greet us. They speak fluent English and have an incredible knowledge of the island, their rates are very reasonable and they are great company during any journey and very reliable.

They can be found at www.balinicetour.com

Room Tip: upstairs rooms are the best option in my opinion
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Monte C
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed February 15, 2014

Excellent traditional boutique hotel among ricefields. The room was outstanding, in traditional style but with all the modern amenities, and a private pool (shared with the room downstairs but separate from the rest of the hotel). Staff as is usual in Indonesia was very friendly, and in-house massages are of good quality and affordable.

We very much enjoyed the pool, and having breakfast in the terrace with views of the rice fields and of the monkeys doing their morning gathering round. Great property to rest and to get to know the not-so-touristy Bali.

PS We stayed at this property in June 2012.

Room Tip: We stayed at "Mangga" room, which was outstanding (private terrace, outside but covered ba...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Zurich, Switzerland
Reviewed February 13, 2014

Alam Shanti Ubud is a tipical Balinese Resort. Simple Breakfast. Friendly staff. At the Wangi Spa I had a tension relief back massage, which was very relaxing.
The rooms are very clean, some with air condition.
If you like to experience tipical balinese coulture and you do not miss the cappuccino in the morning this is the right hotel.
The owner Wayan has many Restaurants in Ubud, they offer great food: Laka Leke, Indus, Cafe Wayan (Buffet on Sunday), Casa Luna.

Stayed February 2014, traveled with family