“Another wonderful stay!”

Ranked #42 of 197 Hotels in Ubud
Brisbane, Australia
“Another wonderful stay!”
Reviewed October 4, 2012

I just returned from another wonderful week at KajaneMua. This time I stayed in a Telaga room - beautiful, spacious, modern, comfortable. The only thing I didn't like is that I could hear people upstairs at times. Great breakfast, unequaled service, terrific happy hour(s)! This really is everything I think of for a relaxing holiday. The only thing I could criticize is that the large pool is very difficult to get out of, with very high steps and the ladder's top rung is very low beneath the water and requires the splits to get one leg up outside. Every staff member is excellent and ever so friendly. They even gave me a present when I left - so thoughtful. I can't wait to go back, and I will....soon.

Room Tip: Villas are beautiful, but so are the mansion rooms. You can't go wrong!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (201)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed October 3, 2012

Kajane Mua was a lovely hotel. We are a family of four, with two children aged 2 and 6, and we found the hotel child friendly, the hotel staff were helpful and so polite, and most things were reasonably priced. The attention to detail in the room decorations were exceptional.

For children, there was a rocking horse and a traditional xylophone at the main pool, and some blow up rings in the private pool. Other child friendly activites, such as kite making, were also available through the hotel at an extra cost. Babysitting was available and was about AU$5 per hour. There were some safety concerns with our 2 year old in terms of there being no pool fences on the private pool at our villa, and the balcony had wide gaps in the railing so we needed to be vigilant.

The hotel is built on a long narrow block, so despite the hotel being on one of the main streets of Ubud, it was not noisy. Although there was some construction happening at the time it didn't bother us much. There are some good resturants within very easy walking distance, including Cafe Warang, which was also child friendly, and is right next door.

Kajane was great value for money and exceeded our expectations!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Kiah, Australia
Reviewed October 1, 2012

My wife and I stayed here a couple of weeks ago with our son and his mate. We stayed in "Villa Gaga " and, after staying in some very up market resorts previously, KajaNe impressed us very much. The staff are polite, kind, and professional. My wife and I enjoyed drinks and meals at the bar and were served by wonderful staff. ( On one night, I was suffering from a non stop nose bleed, the lovely girls serving us, even fixed that! with a traditional cure! - thank you ). The villa was clean, private and close to all the shops in Ubud. We own a guesthouse in Australia ourselves and we expect a certain standard - KajaNe lived up to that. We will return, in fact we will be booking for another stay in January.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Ubud, Indonesia
Reviewed September 29, 2012

I have so many wonderful memories of my time with KajaNe Mua Private Villa & Mansion and the hospitality of the staff was amazing. I had a spiritual journey which could not have been the same without the help of Ayu Mega Mega Lestari who helped me dress for a ceremony.

Mega would talk to me when i asked for her help with lessons on balinese Hindu. Now I am returning to Kajane in December to reunite with all the staff who helped me so much in my journey during to live in Ubud.

Without the help of Mega this could never happen. Thank you Mega and all the staff at Kajane.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
London
Reviewed September 27, 2012

Went to this place for my honeymoon and booked the Royal HoneyMoon package. It was just perfect. You enter the place from the busy ubud street and then within 5min of walking down the beautiful path you enter the gardens and suddenly you get a feeling you are far from everywhere in a secluded location. The staff were just perfect. The candlelight dinner was amazing. I was surprised that they had booked more than 20 people (musicians, dancers waiters chef etc) just for our service!.

Stayed here for 4 nights and then went to a 5star hotel on a beach resort for the remainder of our holiday. We really were upset as after staying in the 1BedroomPool Villa, we did not like staying at the hotel.

Room Tip: Make sure you book the Onebedroom villa with private pool.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 24, 2012 via mobile

We stayed here for three nights and wished we could have extended our stay longer. Our villa was massive, with a separate dressing area and outside bathroom. Having a private pool was a really luxury. The staff are all very friendly, with perfect English and they go out of their way to help you. We had breakfast and afternoon tea brought to our villa each day and they even came to the villa for the massages we'd booked. I can't praise this hotel enough!

• Stayed September 2012
abu dhabi
Reviewed September 11, 2012 via mobile

5 stars stay no doubt. I stayed in kajane for 3 days in my honeymoon. Service is great. Staff are more than friendly. Restaurant got some nice food and with a price comparable with the surrounding resturants. And villa is equipped with everything you might and might not need.

My villa toya maya was at the end of the resort. You will have to climb many stairs to reach there but it was no problem for me. Hotel offers free pick up and drop off to anywhere in ubud.

Its true that you will hear sounds of construction work from time to time. But the service i recieved really made me forget all about that.

• Stayed September 2012