“Memories My Family Will Cherish Forever!”
other travelers have booked this property
View from the living room
Sit back and relax! Glorious openness!
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Excellent
Sit back and relax!
Glorious openness!
Nestled in the rice fields of Tegallalang
Private and rustic
Front entrance with parking
Welcome to our home!
Entrance steps leading down to the villa
Entrance foyer. Please leave your shoes here
Garden with BBQ area
Looking to the South
4m x 8m plunge pool (approx. 1.7m deep)
Living room looking out to the pool
Poolside looking to living room
Staircase leading to upstairs bedroom at the end
Dining area perfect for 6
Bright and airy upstairs bedroom
Kind size bed with plush bedding
Fabulous view from upstairs bedroom
A constantly evolving view depending on the time of day and season
Upstairs bedroom lounge with TV, cable TV and DVD player
Sitting area of entertainment corner
Upstairs bathroom
Shower cubicle of upstairs bathroom
Downstairs bedroom on the right
Downstairs bedroom patio
Downstairs bedroom looking out to the pool
Kind size bed with mosquito netting
Downstairs bedroom with sliding door looking out to the rice fields
Spacious downstairs bathroom
Downstairs bathroom with bathtub and shower area
The stand alone Studio room
Stairway leading to Studio
Studio bedroom with sitting and study area
King size four poster bed
Studio bathroom
Studio bathtub
Shower area
Side view of villa
Wooden cottage
In sync with nature and culture
Open kitchen with breakfast bar
Breakfast bar and sitting room
Poolside deck chairs by the drop to the sawah
Lounge chairs to enjoy the spectacular view
Gazebo or Bale (pronounced 'baa-lay')
Garden and beyond
Dusk at Padi Menari
First light of dawn from the bedroom
Vibrant nature
Glimpse of the villa from the south
From the foyer with steps heading up to the main entrance doorway
Daily prayer offerings called canang sari
Farmers on the fields
Harvesting is a community affair
Ducks grazing on newly harvested plots
White herons are frequent visitors
Tokek are giant geckos indigenous to Bali
Tokek in the house
Another harmless native
Breakfast by the sawah
Padi Menari from above
Bird's eye view of Villa Padi Menari and its surroundings
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

French first
Any
Coleen B
Mount Pleasant, South Carolina
“Memories My Family Will Cherish Forever!”
Reviewed August 5, 2018 for a stay in June 2018

Villa Padi Menari was the best vacation rental we've ever experienced. From the fresh fruit smoothies upon our arrival to the great restaurant & spa recommendations to the comfortable and clean accommodations to the delicious homemade breakfasts to the friendly staff! Everything about this villa was special!

Your age range 35-49
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 8, 2018 for a stay in April 2018

gaysiantr...
Sydney, Australia
“Peaceful and beautiful villa with wonderful staff”
Reviewed January 12, 2018 for a stay in January 2018
people found this review helpful

After a wonderful 4 day stay in Bali with Villa Padi Menari, the first thought on my mind when I woke up this morning was " I wish I was back at the villa!"

Having rented a car at Denpasar airport, we arrived late at night but found ourselves being warmly greeted by the villa staff with freshly pressed juice as a welcome drink. Honestly the first half an hour of our arrival was just us excitedly exploring each room and yelling out "Wow! Look at how beautiful this place is!" Surrounded by the sounds of crickets and birds and flowing water from the pool and a Balinese music playing from the sound system, we immediately felt at peace.

The bedrooms are spacious, well designed and have tasteful decor. I stayed in the upstairs room and loved how it's designed to allow maximum ventilation and the natural sunlight to pour in and greet you in the morning. Curtains also sufficiently allow privacy when needed.

Waking up to see the rice fields directly opposite the villa, you can lie in the gazebo or lounge chairs and watch the neighbours working in their rice fields while breakfast is promptly prepared at 9AM, as previously arranged with us. There are 4 options for breakfast ( nasi goreng, mie goreng, pancakes or egg and toast) paired with fruit, fresh juice, coffee and tea. Each day, you choose your breakfast preference for the next day.

The kitchen also includes tea, coffee, biscuits and instant noodles incase you're hungry. Menus from nearby restaurants are also conveniently placed on the table.

The staff are very professional and friendly and gave us privacy during our stay. They were always prompt in their availability and response to help us with anything.

The biggest of improvement is to include a bidet into the upstairs and downstairs toilet. Our group was mostly Indonesian and used to using a bidet/spray, thus found it a bit awkward. There is also only parking space for 1 car at the villa so if a group rents more than 1 car to go around Bali, it will pose a problem.

Nevertheless, the stay was wonderful and a great value for money. A big and hearty thank you to the staff of Villa Padi Menari.

andreapau...
Singapore, Singapore
“Nice ”
Reviewed September 20, 2017 for a stay in September 2017
person found this review helpful

The six night stay was comfortable and location of villa was reasonable, as I did want a somewhat remote location .

However, villas is located along the main neighbourhood road and the you can hear the motorbikes , especially in the am. It can be quite annoying if you are a light sleeper.Beds were comfortable and the sheets and towels were changed every day. Bathrooms were big, except for the upstairs shower area. The a.c. upstairs can be rather noisy too. We eventually switched it off as it was cool.

Villa is well maintained and housekeeping is good. Breakfast every am was lovely and they will have it ready at your requested time.

The villa is very open but you still have lots of privacy. Security was provided.

There are a few restaurants and a convenience store close by. We tried a couple ..and they were all good.

We had laundry picked up and delivered back to the villa within the day. We had massages and manicures at the villa. The staff there are very hospitable and accommodating.

We hardly used the ac as it was cool . Lots of critters and the tokay lizards were very loud, which I am not used too. There will be lizard and tokay droppings ..so look out them.

Padi field view was nice..and you can walk around the neighbourhood quite safely.The manager can also arrange bikes , scooters and a driver. But we had our own driver.

15-20 mins to ubud central, and you will need a car. We managed to get a uber one day, which was rare.

We are already planning our next visit to Bali..but will like to try another villa for a change.

But overall, we had a lovely stay at Padi Menari.

bittenbyt...
Singapore, Singapore
“Gorgeous villa with a great host and team behind her”
Reviewed August 27, 2017 for a stay in August 2017
person found this review helpful

The villa is every bit as gorgeous as it appears to be in pics, if not more so. The host is also a sweetheart - extremely polite, accommodating and responsive, with a great team behind her who offered us great service throughout our stay as well. I would have loved to give it a 5 star review if not for a few flaws here and there.

Then again, in the spirit of being completely honest for the betterment of our travel community, I figured everyone would appreciate a completely honest and all rounded review.

The rooms are lovely but the curtains/blinds make it a little hard to completely block out sunlight and offer us total privacy. This was slightly disturbing as I am very sensitive to sunlight and my elderly mother in law felt a little insecure as anyone can technically walk through the paddy fields and peep into our bedrooms, especially the ground floor room.

The shower area in the upper floor bathroom was also very small and the bamboo blinds in the bathroom had a lot of cutouts incorporated into its design which made me feel very insecure whenever I had to use the toilet, as I could see people through the cutouts clearly (even though I knew it would be a lot harder for people to see me using the toilet clearly in return).

Apart from these minor grouses, it was a wonderful stay and a very welcome retreat away from the world.

Would definitely recommend Villa Padi Menari to friends and family, especially if I know the host is going to take proactive steps to improve on the privacy of the villa!

Management Response
Sep 7, 2017
Thank you so much for staying with us and being such wonderful guests! We truly appreciate your constructive feedback and will take measures to improve on the things that are within our ability to do so. We hope you will return again soon.

With much love from all of us at Padi Menari <3
Reviewed August 21, 2017 for a stay in August 2017

Christyka...
“Disappointing for the price”
Reviewed July 15, 2017 for a stay in July 2017

Don't believe any claims this place makes about being eco-friendly. I saw nothing but products made from chemicals. They use ant spray and air freshener. They don't compost. Soaps were the cheap grocery store variety. Cleanliness was just so-so, considering they weren't using green products. The villa is very far from Ubud, which makes it hard to get a driver. Expect to pay 100,000 rupiah each way for transport by car and be stuck in traffic. The pool is also much smaller than it looks in the photos. The bedrooms were all right, but the bathrooms were not the garden bathrooms common in most Bali villas (with no ventilation, towels don't dry). The manager and house attendant were nice and friendly, but did not give us the sort of privacy common at other villas. I've been to Ubud 4 times and stayed at 4 different villas. This was the worst in my opinion. I've stayed at other villas which were twice as convenient, twice as clean, and at half the price.

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Management Response
Jul 31, 2017
Whilst I am quite baffled by the aggressively hostile tone of your feedback and though the animosity is quite unwarranted, I thank you for your opinion. I am sorry that you found the villa to be below your expectation.

Being eco-friendly is subjective and can be taken to varying degrees. For example, the villa is built to have as much natural light and air as possible to reduce the use of air conditioning and lighting. However, air-con still a must and something you require when considering our property. Standing fans are the alternative that you may choose to use. Whilst we strive to do right by the environment, we have to balance the needs of guests with effective maintenance issues. Cleanliness is a big battle for us and using green products just doesn't cut it. We are a single house that cannot afford space for composting without the smell and bugs affecting guests. Similarly we do not have the economies of scale to stock up and most of our products are bought from cottage industries that have limited, sporadic supplies. This is the situation with the soap which was out of stock and so had to be temporarily replaced with Imperial Leather which I believe is still a good quality product. The air freshener is an option that can be turned off if you want to use the electric diffuser with natural, locally made essential Cempaka oil provided. The complimentary organic bug spray seems to have missed your attention as well.

I thank you for your input regarding the privacy you expected. I will take this up with the staff. I only wish you had informed them directly if you felt they were intruding since you said they were nice and friendly. Most of our guests enjoy having them around at their beck and call. The villa's distance from town is clearly stated in my description and because you claimed to be very familiar with the area, I am perplexed by your feedback regarding the distance now. We have a fleet of regular drivers that we call upon for our guests. Part of the staff's presence is to assist you in things like this. A mobile phone is also provided so that you can call either the staff or a driver to pick up from Ubud. Unfortunately taxi fare anywhere in Bali is expensive and so is the traffic congestion. Its removal from traffic and town is why most guests appreciate staying at our villa. The pool size is clearly stated in my description and the bathrooms are clearly depicted in the photos so your complaint of it is odd. With the openness and natural environment, keeping the place spick and span is difficult. Hence, to keep the bathrooms as clean as possible we have built it enclosed instead of the typical Balinese open air types which promotes mold growth, bugs and can be rather chilly.

With regards to the price, I doubt that you will find a private 3 bedroom house on par with us for half the price. At $180 per night (peak rate) for 6 people, we are already priced cheaper than where you have previously stayed to compensate for the fact that we are a little further afield. Being twice as convenient means you pay more for it and the laws of supply & demand will prevail.

Nevertheless thank you once again and I wish you happy travels in the future.

Respectfully yours,
Olive
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing