“A perfect night's sleep”
Review of Tegal Sari

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Ubud
Tegal Sari
Ranked #26 of 199 Hotels in Ubud
Reviewed January 31, 2014

I don't know if it was the mountain air, or the sound of geckos or birds but we slept so soundly each night we stayed at Tegal Sari.

Our wooden deluxe was huge - corner sofa, fridge, massive bed on raised platform with mosquito net - huge bathroom with seperate shower & tub with views of the rice paddies. Aircon worked well and we really liked the fact they replaced the mosquito coil daily, as well as an electronic mosquito repellant. We didn't get any bites.

The balcony was a great place to relax and we had our breakfast delivered and ate it on the balcony most mornings - delicious tropcial fruit, fresh juice, tea/coffee, banana pancakes & nasi goreng - great value and perfect location.

The staff were extremely helpful, carrying our bags to and from the room (ours was furthest from reception), pointing out the water coolers where we could refill our bottles for free and letting us know of services they provide. They were able to charge our phone for us too due to a forgotten charger.

Location is great, we walked almost everywhere but did at times get them to drop us into town which was never a problem as long as we gave at least 30 mins notice.

Beautiful gardens, nice little pool area, fantastic value. I would most definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: #24 is at the end of the row with uninterrupted rice paddy views.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (1,617)

Reviewed January 29, 2014

What an amazing place to stay, the ambiance was perfect, the views just perfect. The friendly Balinese people could not do enough for us and always smiling.
The pool area is great fun, clean and attractive with fresh towels when needed. The rates are excellent in comparison to what you get for your money. And the food was plentiful, delicious and everywhere.
All in all a great place to unwind and enjoy.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 26, 2014

We stayed in Tegal Sari for 4 nights - 2 night in Wooden and 2 nights in wooden deluxe. Both rooms face the rice paddies. We loved the view from our rooms. The staffs are super nice - they greeted the guests with friendly Balinese smile and they gave helpful suggestions on almost everything. We also enjoyed the food cooked in the hotel's kitchen. But there are yellow stain on the mattress though they change the bed sheet everyday. Generally speaking, it was a wonderful experience in Tegal Sari.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank LWCao
Reviewed January 25, 2014 via mobile

This hotel is absolutely stunning. We are only paying $30 AUD a night and it's incredible. The room is very nice and we have a beautiful view from our front balcony of the rice paddys. You get wifi throughout the hotel (and at the restaurants down the street). The pool area is really nice and they even brought towels to us at the pool which were still warm when we got out. This place is pretty huge and beautiful. The staff are do friendly, defiantly recommend staying here.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 25, 2014

We travelled to Bali a year ago and booked Tegal Sari based on Tripadvisor reviews - we didn't go wrong with our choice! Our stay in Jan 2013 was nothing short of amazing! The accommodations are not luxury but you can't beat the ambiance, the view of the rice fields, the service and food at a very affordable rates. The Super Deluxe room was more than ample to accommodate our family of 2 adults and 3 kids. They have a nice pool on the property. I got a massage by the pool from a local masseuse which was great. The staff were wonderful....everything from picking up us to taking care of our needs during our stay. The walking distance accessibility to the Monkey Forest and many restaurants in the area was a huge plus. We ended up staying a few nights at Greenfields next door as well because the home stay accommodations that we had booked didn't meet our expectations and unfortunately Tegal Sari did not have availability to extend our stay in the same room. Both hotels are comparable but for the price you pay, Tegal Sari is a better bang for your buck - accommodations not as fancy but the service and food in our opinion was better. Don't think twice to book!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Travel_With_Angels
Reviewed January 24, 2014

The guys before me have said it all. I loved I could walk three minutes to Monkey Forest Road, grab a bit to eat, go to the supermarket and walk back to my room feeling like I was home. The staff went out of their way for anything I wanted including calling me to say that an item I had put in for laundry had a hole in it already so I wouldn't think they had ruined my dress (it was just a cotton shift that had seen better days but god I appreciated this concern about my stuff). Yes breakfast not included in the price but to be honest I preferred to wander out and do breakfast in town or if staying longer have some fruit and stuff in my fridge to enjoy mango and toast on balcony OR just stroll to their restaurant for a nasi goreng.

It's a great place and I loved the deluxe suite (I have the downstairs room) which was lovely and clean with tiles and large bathroom but next time would request upstairs which is more traditional with wooden roof and balcony etc

Room Tip: If you are booking the delux ask for the upstairs room
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed January 21, 2014 via mobile

After 3 stays at Tegal Sari the quality seems to just continue
getting better and better. The rooms are always clean, the small gym is useful and the view is spectacular but in my opinion the thing which sets Tegal Sari apart from similar accommodation is the staff. They bend over backwards to ensure your stay is as comfortable as possible and always wear a friendly smile! I will be back!

• Stayed: January 2014