“Great location and value for money”
Review of Tegal Sari

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Ubud
Tegal Sari
Ranked #26 of 198 Hotels in Ubud
Reviewed October 29, 2013

Stayed here for 4 nights (Super Deluxe Room).
1.Value for money
2.Staff are nice and patient.
3. Good location at least for me - near to good food - Bebek Bengil (Dirty Duck), Ibu Oka, The Pond (great place for breakfast), Casa Luna (nasi champhur is shiok!) and check out the yummy handmade jam at KOU CUISINE @Jl Monkey Forest.
4. Supermarket just across - can stockup cheap beer, drinks...

Room Tip: I stayed in Room 5- which was great. on second floor overlooking the rice field and lovely! I booke...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
4  Thank Malvis3108
Write a ReviewReviews (1,622)

Reviewed October 28, 2013

I am in my early 50's from Perth Western Australia and have just recently stayed at the Tegal Sari. Great location...Friendly helpful staff...Beautiful room with great verandah overlooking rice fields...very clean with nice crispy white sheets:) The Tegal Sari is walking distance to good shopping and restaurants...actually anything you need. Will be staying there again for sure.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
4  Thank Cindy612013
Reviewed October 27, 2013

Stayed in super wooden deluxe. For the room rate, we were happy. I only gave it 4 stars because I was awaken every morning by the ongoing construction and also the daylight from flimsy curtains.

The good:
1.Service and attitude of the staff in Tegal Sari. They are never too busy or tired to inquire about us/our day.
2.Rooms are always well cleaned. Water pressure in room is very good. Towels & bed linens changed everyday, clean and doesn't have musty smell. Bathroom is mold-free too.
3.The view from my balcony enjoyed from a daybed provided (nice & thick single sized mattress on a wooded platform) or from rattan chairs.
4. Good location - back of hotel is Jl Monkey Forest, front of hotel is near Coco supermarket. You might not need to rent a bike.

The not so good:
1. Construction going on at the moment directly across room 28 & 29. I can hear it from my room but not a big problem as we were in only after dinner.
2. Units are quite close together so you can hear conversation from next unit & vice versa.
3. Local offerings in breakfast menu not so tasty.

Tips:
1. Bike rental rate is better from the shop next to Delicious Onion outside hotel (45k nett)
2. If you have a late flight, the hotel provides luggage storage, fresh towels and use of toilet & shower at pool area..

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank sinisana
Reviewed October 24, 2013

This was our favourite place in all of Bali. We travelled as a couple with a 4 year old in August. We will come back here again, we agree with all the positive reviews. This place is heavenly, serene and quiet, wonderful happy staff, and 180 degree rice paddy views yet still walking distance to the central parts of Ubud. The pool is great for kids as it is split level with a large shallow section. We had the super deluxe wooden room, it was gorgeous. Thank you to all the wonderful staff! T'rima Kasi xx

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Nanya2013
Reviewed October 24, 2013

Short and sweet, this place is nothing short of fantastic!!! If you even bother to read any of the negative reviews (of which there are hardly any), then just ignore them as these people must be just strange and weird! I'm a very well travled person globally, especially in Asia and this has been my second visit to Ubud, so I can safely say you'll be hard pushed to find anywhere better and nicer to stay. I recommend (if you can afford it - this place is still very cheap if your a western traveller) to stay in one of the Super Deluxe rooms. The scenery is amazing as is situated mid two rice paddy fields, the Pool is excellent and maintained perfectly, food and drink are great and it has to have the chepest / most realistic mini bar prices I've ever come across.

In short, don't waste your time reading any more comments or checking other places (life is just too short) and go ahead a book a room here! Trust me.....

PS - If your with young children (we had our two year old with us), yes there isn't soft play areas and kids clubs... but what do you expect you're in Asia and is a cultural hotel not a package holiday at an all inclusive... Our son loved this place, it was safe and if you're a responsible parent not letting your children run riot or be reckless, then your kids will have a fab time... The staff are so respectful and make the children feel immensely welcome. Yes they have Cot beds and most resturants have a High Chairs, so parents if your tempted, just go for it...

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Mark E
Reviewed October 23, 2013

Tegal Sari's lived up to its reputation and actually exceeded our expectations. We enjoyed 3 lovely nights in Ubud and wish we had spent more there. The accommodations are clean, beautiful, and comfortable. The super deluxe wooden room overlooking the rice paddies was just magical. Every single personal who works at the Tegal Sari was friendly, always cheerful, helpful, and always greeted us with a smile. It is truly a remarkable staff. The grounds are lovely and the food was delicious. The location is wonderful as I could walk to the Yoga Barn, or stroll all the way into town if I wished. However, they provide free transportation into town as well.

I can't wait to return to Ubud and the Tegal Sari.

Room Tip: Enjoy a $8 massage outdoors next to the pool.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 20, 2013

This is my second visit to Tegal Sari and I'm sure it won't be my last.

The property has a variety of very reasonably priced rooms and villas surrounding the rice paddies - most with views. All rooms are very well appointed with comfortable beds and are very clean.

Tegal Sari is located behind the monkey forest, and offers a lovely pool, small gym and massage hut also overlooking the rice paddies,

With rates from AUD $35, Tegal Sari is a wonderful accommodation option to consider.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo