“5 star service, 3 star pricing. Awesome!!!”
Review of Tegal Sari

Tegal Sari
Ranked #27 of 199 Hotels in Ubud
Reviewed August 18, 2013

The overall service for our 2 nights stay was top notch. Upon checking in, the receptionist will lead us to our villa and explain through everything in the room. From how to use a kettle to opening hidden fridge in the cabinet. Our villa was so spacious and the view is marvelous. Extremely tidy room and barely find a drop of dust on the tables. Breakfast was delivered to our villa but is not the best breakfast that i've had. Booking is required atleast 6-9 months prior to your stay. But will definitely come back again.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed August 17, 2013

Great and helpful staff and great rooms. Staff can sometimes act as if they are your servant which I don't really like, but overall it was a great stay. Ubud area can get very busy, but the apartments are always quiet and nice.

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed August 17, 2013

This was a really impressive resort. We stayed 2 nights in the super deluxe room and received first class service throughout our stay! It took us such a long time to decide for this resort as there are so many to choose from in Bali, but I’m glad we did.. The reviews weren’t lying! Super pretty rooms in “Balinese” style and pretty gardens all around. It’s not a huge property by any means, so you really get looked after. The evenings are quiet and relaxing. They offer a great massage (you can actually have it in your room, but I chose to go to the hotel spa). The staff were all so sweet, and I sincerely wished we could have stayed longer. Planning to go back! I highly recommend Tegal Sari but think me and my wife might have been bored if we stayed longer than a couple of days. 2 nights was ideal!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 15, 2013

We stayed at Tegal Sari for two nights from August 3rd-4th, 2013. Not only is the hotel itself beautiful and well-maintained (not to mention very clean), but I think what stuck out to me most was definitely the friendliness and kindness of the staff here. All the reception staff were so helpful, and went above and beyond any expectations to help us have the best time on our trip. The driving staff were also amazing as well, and did an amazing job of taking us around Bali and giving us information on culture and which sites to see. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone who is interesting in staying in Ubud, Bali. You won't find a better hotel with kinder staff than this one!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 14, 2013

Six of us stayed for three nights. Well presented, comfortable, relaxing place. Clean rooms, fans, air con, no TV, lovely swimming pool area, overlooks the rice fields. Short walk to restaurants, shopping, massages. Hotel restaurant was good and the staff are friendly and helpful. Really could not fault it, would recommend it to anyone wanting a relaxing time.

Room Tip: Ground floor rooms, stairs to upper level a little uneven.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Donna S
Reviewed August 9, 2013

This was our first time at Tegal Sari - we chose it on the basis of the good reviews here, and we were not disappointed. It's not a big, fancy resort, but it has lovely rooms, a nice pool and great surrounds. The best aspects though, are the cheap and lovely food as well as the amazing staff. We are a family of five and our entire bill for the 3.5 weeks - including many meals, massages and laundry - was around $600 AUD. Incredible value. The staff are always willing to go above and beyond and they keep the place impeccably clean. We travelled with 2 small children and were never concerned about what they ate there or anything like that. We've already booked for next year.

Room Tip: We chose the super deluxe room but I looked at the very cheap standard rooms and they looked good to...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank NellyTho
Reviewed August 8, 2013

My bf and I traveled to Bali from 25-28 July but only managed to stay here for one night because the place was fully booked. It is truly amazing. It's a chalet like room and is HUGE with a balcony for u to sit and enjoy the serenity of the place and overlook a paddy field while having breakfast brought to yr doorstep. When he told me we were going to stay around a paddy field, I was a little unsure about the place thinking it would be muddy and dirty but I was very impressed by the place. The paddy fields are kept very neatly and it's just a very lovely sight. I highly recommend this place be it for a family or a couple or even a getaway with friends. Staff were very friendly, the breakfast we had was reasonable and delicious and the surroundings is breathtaking. We walked around Tegal Sari after our breakfast. There was a swimming pool, a little spa area and even a little gym area with dumb bells for ppl to work out. The staff told us that people who came to stay here will book their next visit which is a year ahead as it looks like there are very limited rooms. In short, GREAT STAY, GREAT PRICE and GREAT SERVICE. I look forward to coming back here someday.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple