“Best value for money! beautiful place surrounded by rice fields”
Review of Tegal Sari

Tegal Sari
Ranked #32 of 197 Hotels in Ubud
Singapore, Singapore
“Best value for money! beautiful place surrounded by rice fields”
Reviewed July 17, 2013

We stayed for 3 days 2 night and loved that place. We wished we stayed longer. Good place to relax, the rooms are big, clean. The staff are very helpful and friendly, we had a lovely welcome,they showed us around. The hotel provides shuttle as well to ubud centre. The location is great and we loved the view. No drawbacks but book early(long booking process by email). We will be back!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Lisa N

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (278)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Western Australia
Reviewed July 14, 2013

Yet another fantastic stay at Tegal Sari. The weaving gardens, our spacious room, central location and ever friendly staff were once again...absolutely perfect for the very affordable price that we paid. This time we also did the cooking class that is available through Tegal Sari. It was a delightful, informative and delicious session with Wayan which we thoroughly enjoyed. Wayan spoke knowledgeably about traditional Indonesian cuisine and with his assistance we cooked up a magnificent multi-course feast. We highly recommend it! The hotel is undergoing some extensions but these did not impact negatively on our stay. Thankyou, once again Tegal Sari, for a memorable stay.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Kerry2009
Panama City Beach, Florida
Reviewed July 13, 2013

For days, I have been sending them emails. They answered once leading me to believe they had the week of 15-22 open. If is very hard for me to get to a phone, but I finally was able. The only thing they had open was a villa at $150/night open for the next 2 months. Their rudeness has left me without a place to stay. Obvious I am very upset at how much of my time they have wasted. They could have said right up front they were booked.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
7 Thank judywade
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed July 12, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here as a couple for 3 nights...from arriving to checking out, without doubt the staff are the nicest and most accomadating I have ever come across, their level of customer service goes above and beyond.
Yes the booking system is a bit if a pain but not a lot if work for what you get in return, we stayed in deluxe room 10 for two nights and the changed to wooden hut 10 which we actually preferred. All rooms we were in where top quality, extremely clean and looked after, both have an amazing terrace that you can simply sit back end let time pass....
Breakfast was good....there warung semester just at the side entrance to monkey forest is also really good...
Tegal Sari also has a small but perfectly apt swimming pool......it's really a jewel in the crown the entire place....highly recommend it....
We also did a northern tour with Wi who was really friendly and professional at all times

Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Adelaide, Australia
Reviewed July 8, 2013

I stayed at the Tegal Sari from June 18 - June 22 and enjoyed my time there. The location is good and other reviewers have mentioned the attentive, friendly staff and I couldn't agree more. Breakfasts, delivered to my room from the Warung Semesta, were extremely good and one of the highlights of my trip to Bali. The food was that good I ate other meals at the Semesta as well and thoroughly enjoyed them all.

The room, number 20, was large, comfortable, upstairs and offered great views over the rice field. My only criticism of the room would be the shower: it's extremely small, I'm of slim/average build and still found it difficult to move around in.

The resort offers free shuttles to nearby attractions.

I enjoyed my stay there but for the small shower, which is only a minor criticism, I would have given it 5 stars.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Terry D
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed July 7, 2013

What a unique and wonderful experience. Loved my time there. Would love to return and hope that I can enjoy the stay as much as i did last time. It is special and worth the effort. Nothing is amiss for the visitor

Room Tip: Go there asap
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Cate H
Horley, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 5, 2013

We stayed for 4 nights in a super deluxe room at the Tegal Sari. The room was massive, beautifully decorated, immaculately clean and with stunning views of the rice paddies. The staff are some of the best and friendliest we have experienced on our 6 months travels around SE Asia. The food at the hotel restaurant Warung Semesta is really good and and excellent value for money. We booked a northern tour through the hotel and our driver/guide Ketut was excellent and very knowledgeable about what we wanted to see. The hotel is also in a nice part of Ubud and they offer free transfers in and pick ups from town for hotel guests. We would recommend Tegal Sari to anybody looking for a great value, high quality hotel in Ubud.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple