“Cannot say more”
Review of Tegal Sari

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Ubud
Tegal Sari
Ranked #26 of 199 Hotels in Ubud
Reviewed July 7, 2013

What a unique and wonderful experience. Loved my time there. Would love to return and hope that I can enjoy the stay as much as i did last time. It is special and worth the effort. Nothing is amiss for the visitor

Room Tip: Go there asap
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Cate H
Write a ReviewReviews (1,615)

Reviewed July 5, 2013

We stayed for 4 nights in a super deluxe room at the Tegal Sari. The room was massive, beautifully decorated, immaculately clean and with stunning views of the rice paddies. The staff are some of the best and friendliest we have experienced on our 6 months travels around SE Asia. The food at the hotel restaurant Warung Semesta is really good and and excellent value for money. We booked a northern tour through the hotel and our driver/guide Ketut was excellent and very knowledgeable about what we wanted to see. The hotel is also in a nice part of Ubud and they offer free transfers in and pick ups from town for hotel guests. We would recommend Tegal Sari to anybody looking for a great value, high quality hotel in Ubud.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 4, 2013 via mobile

I have read the reviews made previously that said the reply e mail was slow. I just filled in the forms for booking this coming august. Even though I could not manage to get any rooms due to their unavailability ( to my regret), I am satisfied with their booking process. Both times, they replied my e mail within 24 hours.

So, I would really love to go to Tegal Sari next time. And next time I will remember to book much earlier ;D as I saw some book a year in advance.

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed July 4, 2013

Great hotel, in a quieter part of town, but they have a car to drive you into town and then you call and they pick you up.
The hotel is the cheapest we stayed at but it was really fantastic, staff were more than helpful, breakfast was good.
The whole place is spotless, it is owner and operated by locals

Room Tip: Believe it or no their $30 are really good.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Janali05
Reviewed July 3, 2013

Have stayed at this hotel over 4 times. Staff is friendly and courteous, rooms are excellent and most importantly, clean. While the Tegal Sari is not a high-end 5 star luxurious resort, I would choose this hotel anyday over a fancy resort. The spa affiliated with the hotel is great, and the hotel will drive you and pick you up for your appointments. In fact, the hotel staff will drive you and pick you up basically anywhere in Ubud.
Location is great, right behind Monkey Forest and a quick 2 minute walk to either Jalan Monkey Forest or Jalan Hanoman and all the restaurants and shopping you require.
Be sure to book in advance, as they fill up quickly.

Room Tip: Spend the extra Rupiah and go for a deluxe room over looking the rice paddies. You will not be disa...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 29, 2013 via mobile

Centrally located hotel with view on the ricefields at least if you take a deluxe room. Good price quality! You can enjoy breakfast on the balcony of your room. Friendly staff and free shuttle to town or 10 min walk.

• Stayed: July 2012
Reviewed June 27, 2013

Know this hotel from my friend. At first I was not sure to stay there. But because the price is cheap enough, I tried to stay with my family.

The first night I stayed in the cheapest room. I did not expect much for a room for 300,000 rupiah, but I was surprised to get a large enough room with a beautiful view of the rice fields. There is a shortage of the cheapest rooms. Our room at the top, so we had to use the stairs. The steps were so high that my parents hard to climb.

The second night I moved to the most expensive room (only 750,000 dollars) with the most beautiful views of the rice fields. I really like this room. The photos I will explain everything to you.

Service is very satisfying. There should be no television in the room, but we ask to be provided television and we do not need to pay for this.

Breakfast is provided in small portions so that we feel the price is a bit expensive. But do not worry not far from the hotel there is a supermarket supply all kinds of bread and groceries for breakfast.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends