“simply divine.”
Review of Tegal Sari

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Ubud
Tegal Sari
Ranked #26 of 197 Hotels in Ubud
Reviewed June 6, 2013

When I checked in at Tegal Sari (which means 'beautiful backyard'), I was given a tour and walk-thru. My words can truly not convey the beauty, surrounds and energy surrounding this gorgeous 'guest house'. I was then shown to my room. Stunning! The views from my porch overlooking the rice paddies and monkey forest were perfect. My private oasis was everything plus more. The staff are so very accommodating and nothing is too much trouble. I actually hesitated in writing this review only because i was worried that Tegal Sari would be fully booked when i went back to Ubud next year!!!!!! This time I plan on staying for at least 2 weeks. The location is perfect. Far enough away from the busy hub of Ubud but everything is in walking distance. As a woman travelling solo, I felt as safe as safe can be. If you stay here, please give a thought to stopping by at 'BARC' and give some love and cuddles to all the rescued Bali dogs. The volunteers are amazing and deserve all our support. 'Tegal Sari', terima kasih!!!! Can't wait to see you again next year. P.S. don't forget to book a massage at the pavillion next to the pool!

Room Tip: I booked the least expensive (don't want to say cheap) room at Tegal Sari and although I was sho...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
Write a ReviewReviews (1,622)

Reviewed June 5, 2013

If you enjoy reading a book, having a drink while overlooking farmers working on the paddy field, you are with me. Stayed 2 nights - spent plenty of time staying on the cozy balcony, listening to bird chirps in the morning; bugs and insects buzz in the evening.

The hotel is within very short walking distance to Monkey Forest from the back exit. Besides, it takes about 30-min leisure walk to Ubud town center.

A real good place to relax - all you can do is to laze at your unit all day long!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank D3sm0nd_L0w
Reviewed June 3, 2013

The Tegal Sari is still a relaxing place to stay. you can spend all day in your air conditioned room , balcony or the pool looking at daily life in the paddie fields, order in restaurant quality food at bargain prices. If you are prepared to walk 150 metres there are at least a dozen restaurants serving Balinese, Italian pizza, Indian , Thai or European food. The staff are warm and friendly and very experienced and efficient at their jobs.
We always spend a week in Tegal Sari as we have not yet finished finding new sights and experiences in this area of Bali.

Room Tip: any of the super deluxe rooms have exceptional views book early to avoid disappointment I telephon...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 1, 2013

This was the second time we've stayed at this gem of a place (last stay 8 years ago). It was just as perfect a stay as the first. The people are what make the place, always smiling and helpful. We ended up staying more nights than we had planned as they had a cancellation that met with our travel dates. We felt lucky as this property is always full, very popular with Japanese travelers. Since our first visit the property has expanded to include many more luxurious rooms, but we continued to stay in the Superior rooms which had been well kept up through the intervening years and the price was right! The views of the rice paddies from the patios or balconies and the quiet location made our stay enjoyable, and we appreciated the free shuttle service to nearby sites. We also appreciated the mini-fridge in the room and the fact that the room rate was lower than similar places because breakfast was not included in the tariff. An easy walk into the main part of town, all necessities nearby. Book early!

Room Tip: An upper story superior room has better views and more balcony privacy, however the stairs are very...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 31, 2013

Three of us have just finished a 5 night stay at Tegal Sari. Just wonderful, stayed in super delux rooms for about $60 a night. Very spacious rooms looking out to the rice fields. The simple ness is what is so striking. Rice fields and the quietness, create a real tranquility that just forces you to slow down, relax and enjoy the Calmness that surrounds you. Staff very accommodating but very unobtrusive. Cleanliness great. Would not want to stay anywhere else!

• Stayed: May 2013
Reviewed May 31, 2013

I stayed in a Deluxe room with beautiful rice paddy views (around AUD$50). The minute you walk into the grounds, it's like a little oasis, so quiet and beautiful. The pool is set in the middle of the grounds with rice paddies on both sides - water is quite cold and refreshing.

Yes, some parts look and feel a little dated but this is one of the best value hotels I've been to in 13 years of travel. The bed was definitely the most comfortable I've ever slept it (outside of my own bed!). It's very close to everything but I loved the convenience of having a driver take you anywhere in Ubud centre with just 15 minutes notice (they'll also pick you up if you call them) and the staff were all so friendly and warm. Definitely one of my favourite places!

Reviewed May 29, 2013

I spent 3 nights at this wonderful place needing somewhere close to the Yoga Barn, a few minutes walk away. The staff were very friendly, the food was good, the pool was nice, the room was lovely with a view of the rice paddies. I can't fault this place. Also very reasonably priced

Room Tip: Superior room is lovely
1  Thank Kaz928