“Fabulous!”
Review of Tegal Sari

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Ubud
Tegal Sari
Ranked #26 of 196 Hotels in Ubud
Reviewed April 5, 2013

A great place to stay that you must not miss if you are planing a trip to Bali. Wonderful service, beautiful scenary, rooms are clean and rental at very reasonable price. They provide free shuttle service around Ubud centre, offers daily tour trips at reasonable price (do not have to worry if it's a last minute planned trip).
Will definitely come back.

Room Tip: Book in advance, as early as 6 months to secure a room
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Makmak86
Write a ReviewReviews (1,622)

Reviewed April 2, 2013

I am disappointed I didn't get to stay here after reading lots of great reviews, but I could not even get past the booking stage.

Evert time I contacted Tegal Sari it would take 4 days to get a response and the generic e-mail didn't really help with proceeding with the next step in booking. So after a few e-mails and days waiting for responses the room I was trying to book had been taken.

Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
10  Thank jellyman73
Reviewed March 26, 2013 via mobile

Located near monkey forest, beautiful set up amongst paddy fields, room lovely, air con and shower good, pool lovely, staff very friendly, free taxi service available, free wifi, extremely good value. Would definitely go back!

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank aimeebaird
Reviewed March 23, 2013

This was our third stay at TS and every time it just seems to get better.

This time our party of ten stayed in some of their recently built Super Deluxe rooms (#29-33) that they were constructing when we were staying in 2011. I was in an upper floor #30.
In my opinion these are even better than the highly sought after rooms #19-24 in that they're more spacious and with newer fixtures and fittings. The bathrooms also seem to be larger and better designed. The main rooms are definitely wider.
The best of these are the upper floor rooms #28,30 and 32 with a more wooden feel (floors and walls) and high vaulted ceilings.

Every thing else about TS has remained unchanged......

The same picture perfect views over the emerald green rice fields to the Monkey Forest are simply stunning.
The staff are always so polite and welcoming. Nothing is too much trouble and they make anything happen, all just a phone call away. They even organised pizzas by the pool (from a local pizzeria) with cold bintangs in ice buckets.
The grounds are as lush and tropical as ever. The pool is very inviting, always at a perfect temperature and a lovely cool respite after a long hot day exploring.
Free water bottle refill stations around the property and 'on demand' transfers to anywhere in Ubud central (and pick up also) are a great feature of this hotel.
After a shower of rain they'll even come up to your balcony and mop up all the water.

My only small criticism would be that breakfasts aren't included in the tariff and are quite basic. They're also probably a bit on the small side. The TS banana pancakes (two per serve) however are a good size and very nice.
The breakfasts also tend to be a bit cold by the time you get them delivered to your room.
The better option is to go to the restaurant where the serves seem to be a bit larger and obviously warmer.
The bubur ayam for breakfast (rice chicken porridge) was a real surprise and quite delicious.

All in all a brilliant stay. I have tried other small hotels in Ubud from time to time but in all honesty Tegal Sari hits the spot every time. The sleep quality, great staff, very nice rooms, close proximity to restaurants and shops, excellent value for money, etc.etc. will ensure that TS becomes my very first choice in the future.

Room Tip: Any of the upper floor Super Deluxe category of rooms (#20,22,24,28,30 and 32) are best. #28,30 and...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
8  Thank skiggy
Reviewed March 21, 2013

Went to Tegal Sari for our 10th anniversary.

What can I say, it's one of the best hotels in Bali I have ever stayed!

Encountered no hassle in making the booking. We wanted a super deluxe room, but at first it was fully booked. Then the staff e-mailed me a week before our arrival to let us know that they have the super deluxe available. That was super!

We arrived early in Ubud, and I called the hotel. The staff informed me nicely that we could check in early :) So we arrived around 11.30.. quick check in, super friendly staff, very polite. I was quite impressed, knowing the stories that there are some hotels that are friendly to foreigners but not to local tourists like us.

Room, what can I say.. Very clean, very neat, huge. My favorite part: the terrace. Everywhere I looked, it's green everywhere. Really a sight to sore eyes. The room is air conditioned, but we never turned it on until late at night. It works perfectly well too.

Bathroom is spotless, clean.. towels are clean, smelled nice and fresh. The soap provided by the hotel, smells sooo good. Jasmine, my favorite. Water runs very well, hot and cold both are working very properly.

One afternoon we chose to stay in at the hotel and called room service. The price is reasonable and the food is yummy as well.

All in all, this is a great hotel. Even some of the so called five stars hotels have quality below this one. Thumbs up for Tegal Sari. I definitely will stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank IngkanS
Reviewed March 12, 2013

My wife and I loved this place for a few reasons:
1. Super location on scenic rice paddies away from the touristy craziness of central Ubud and an easy walk to the Monkey Forest.
2. Wonderful romantic room
3. Super food
4. Excellent staff
5. Reasonable prices
6. Convenient airport pickup
7. On demand shuttle to take you to and from Ubud

I am so glad we stayed there.

Room Tip: We stayed in a Duplex Room and loved it!
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
5  Thank CWB422
Reviewed March 9, 2013

Showed up to this hotel to find that they only had one room available. The Tower room!. Its like a castle tower of awesomeness. We stayed in the middle tower room. Great views, comfy bed, modern washroom and very clean! The washroom was kinda inconvenient in that it was the floor below but it was far more than manageable. Onsite restaurant was great as well, and everything you bought was simply added to your room bill upon request. All the staff was VERY!!! helpful and friendly. They made many calls for me to help me out in our adventure seeking and even called and booked our hotel at our next destination for us. When we go back to ubud, we will defiantly be staying at this hotel again!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple