“Best hotel in Bali”
Review of Tegal Sari

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Ubud
Tegal Sari
Ranked #26 of 199 Hotels in Ubud
Reviewed February 17, 2013

I found this hotel based on tripadvisor review. Everything that they said in the review is absolutely correct. I really love this hotel, perfect place to celebrate my birthday. This hotel can be reached through hanoman street and monkey forest street. There are a lot of restaurant, cafe and spa near the hotel. Only few minutes from YogaBarn, beautiful place to meditate. All the hotel staff is very polite and helpful. The hotel can arrange car to drop you into attraction near ubud, like kecak dance and cafe around ubud. They also have bicycle faility for free. I really like the view in my deluxe room. My room surrounded with paddy view. Besides, the room is very good with the amount only idr 550,000. The room is very spacious and the bathroom is very clean. The pancake for breakfast also very delicious, you have to try it. The garden and how they arrange every room and swimming pool is very beautiful. I feel like in the secret garden. I found that there is a room like rapunzel room in this hotel, this room is new and located in the tower. You have to book this hotel 3-6 months before because of always fully booked. I definitely will be back to this hidden gem

Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank MissRiani
Write a ReviewReviews (1,617)

Reviewed February 9, 2013

Arrived from Seminyak and quickly clicked into the change of pace. Nice room, view, services and locate. Could not find fault. Waking up to the views of rice fields was lovely, Would recommend to those that want a chillax between the partying towns and shopping.

Room Tip: Get a first floor roome
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank bettyboppy
Reviewed February 9, 2013 via mobile

I booked two nights in Tegal Sari because of the rave reviews in Tripadvisor. I booked approximately three months in advance before my arrival as recommended by the hotel. As it turned out, the hotel is an oasis surrounded by rice field off the main road. For the price that I paid, it truly is a bargain. I highly recommend Tegal Sari to everyone.

• Stayed: February 2013
2  Thank Ramli T
Reviewed February 1, 2013

Stayed in one of their new super deluxe rooms overlooking the paddy fields. Heaven. Close enough to Ubud to easily walk in, far enough away to enjoy peace from the madness of traffic and sellers. Service very friendly, beds very comfortable, good showers plus luxury of a large bath if you want it. From your terrace you can sit and watch workers in the paddy fields and see a variety of wild life. Nice pool. We enjoyed the eco ethos of the place- no bottled water ( you refill your bottles from a water dispenser) and an excellent, value for money restaurant that is helping to support organic farming on the island.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank CandRtravels
Reviewed February 1, 2013 via mobile

The staff are very friendly & attentive. I arrived alone at 10pm at night to be met by Mardi who drove me up to Unud. I was greeted warmly and shown all the features of my room. I woke in the morning to the most incredible scenery. Magical. I was in the middle of a rice paddy. But was only a short walk from yoga places, great cafes & restaurants, activities & massages. I can't wait to go back.

• Stayed: January 2013
3  Thank YvieWyvie
Reviewed January 31, 2013

I'm not going to repeat everything from the previous reviews.
We stayed at Tegal Sari on the advice from friends who had stayed there.
It was perfect for our 6 night stay
We took advantage of the staff's "tour service" and went on several day trips--to the northern part of Bali, the eastern part, and then Jutilawih. It was so relaxing and each driver was destined to see that we had the greatest tour and were exposed to the most scenery. Their attitude: Anything we wanted to do on the tour (within reason) was possible!!
We hope to return someday..
Thanks to Wi, Putu, Rosta, and the many others!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank shud18
Reviewed January 29, 2013

Check in to this beautiful place was flawless. Staff are all very attentive, friendly and look after you. We stayed in a Super Deluxe Wooden room. The room is Perfect. A great romantic getaway. Modern and traditional all at the same time. Breathtaking views of the rice fields. Room service breakfasts consisting of the BEST Banana pancakes. Laundry services excellent returned in good time. Massages by the pool - Excellent. The shuttle to and from Ubud centre so helpful. We miss you all!! We will be back!!!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple