“Never disappointed” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #30 of 169 Hotels in Ubud
Jakarta, Indonesia
“Never disappointed”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

Always good to be back in this villa. Been staying here for couple of times. It is a sanctuary place or just a perfect hide away or even suits for family holiday. The room is neat and you don't need air-con, not even need the fan! Staffs are friendly and always handy.
Made your reservation early in advance, as this property is always full.

Room Tip: Try the wooden room on the 2nd floor. The balcony is very cozy with fantastic view facing the paddy...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
4 Thank wijayanti

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (248)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

We stayed at Tegal Sari from Jan 3 to Jan 8th 2013 and can't speak highly enough of both the accommodation and the staff...and did I mention the location. This place is idyllic with it's outlook over the rice paddies. Even though it was fully booked it was beautifully quiet and peaceful. We were picked up in Kuta after a late night arrival the previous night. On time and a pleasant drive up to Ubud. Upon arrival we were shown to the wooden hut and the superior room we booked for the two teenage girls. What a welcome! All amenities explained to us plus everything in the room/hut in great detail. The staff here are exceptional...polite, welcoming and attentive. Nothing is too much trouble. They have great pride in the place and it shows. The wooden hut was fantastic. A great verandah to sit and enjoy the view. Cleaned spotlessly each day and littel extras like mosquito coils for outside and a zapper inside. The grounds are kept immaculate even though there was some very windy weather. The pool is more than adequate. There were also three locations for topping up water bottles. A great added bonus is the free transport within Ubud town. We were dropped directly to different Warungs and then collected whenever it suited us to return. Having said that, Tegal Sari is ideally located. A rear walkway to Monkey Forest Road with a ten minute walk to the Monkey Forest or the front entry on to Hanoman Street with an easy walk to the centre of town. There is a supermarket only five minutes walk away and some nice little Warungs within a fw minutes walk. A special thank you to Indra who welcomed us and showed us to the rooms and also to Kutut Wi who took us on the Tegal Sari walk. (One of the best things we have ever done in any of our travels) At the time we stayed at Tegal Sari there was some construction of new rooms/villas and a future upgrade of the rooms near the entrance. Once these are complete this place will be even better. We will be back Tegal Sari.....thank you.

Room Tip: The wooden huts are ideal with a beautiful view from the balcony and all very private. We had 16 wh...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Poomby
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013 via mobile

- highly recommended
- the staffs were very helpful and friendly, excellent service
- nice view from wooden room (booked before 6 months), had a great view over rice field
- everything is CLEAN
- shower gel, shampoo, hairdryer, hanger, safety box, mosquito repellent is provided
- SOFT bed, LOVE it so much ^^
- breakfast was GOOD
- laundry service, very satisfied

Tegal Sari. We will definitely go back again! Thank you so much!!!

• Stayed January 2013
4 Thank Starsgal
Jakarta, Indonesia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

had a chance to stay 1 night at Tegal Sari with 2 friends. will definitely stay here again when i visit bali. the staffs were very helpful and friendly, excellent service. no wonder it always fully booked. nice view from room. i highly recommend Tegal Sari.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank travel t
perth, western australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

Had a wonderful / flawless 6 nights in a family room. Room had a great view over rice field and was spotlessly clean. Staff are brilliant and skilled at ensuring the little things are done to make your stay pleasurable. No TV in the room which we liked. Location is good with back entrance fronting monkey forest road. Breakfast not included but cafe on site to help fill your tummy. Free transport to and from Ubud central was appreciated. Free wifi with good reception. Had several massages by the pool by skilled practitioners. Pool is small but this was ok as not many people seemed to use it. Only wish we had stayed longer as this accommodation is fantastic. We will be back.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank bassbin
South Africa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

Well done Tegal Sari on your achievement once again of 'Travellers Choice 2013' for Excellent Service, your wonderfully friendly staff and all in all a wonderful resort. I am only sorry that you are too fully booked for my requirement dates to bring my group back this year. You all certainly deserve the accolade. Regards Meryl Lawrence

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank PonkySouthAfrica
Surabaya, Indonesia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

I was hesitating writing the review. over 700 reviews!! Will it matter if write another one??
But I decided to write anyway. They deserve it.
I made a booking by phone. Only 1 room left!! They immediately reserved it for me when I said I want that room. The lady who answered my call, handed over the phone to another receptionist guy, and quickly ran to block the room for me. I chose this hotel because of the excellent review. And I got the feeling already that I'm special for them since this booking call. They guy took time to have a little chat with me, asking about my name that sounds like a Japanese and so. Really friendly! While the room I booked was one of the cheapest one. I'm happy to be treated like a special guest while I'm not booking their most expensive room.
Not long after I got the email to do the payment in a certain period of time. That was not a problem at all.
So I finally checked in. And that was the first time for me to have a hotel staff taking me for a tour to see EVERYTHING in that hotel. Explaining us lots of things. Also when we were inside the room, he explained EVERYTHING that he could possibly think of to explain to us. I stayed in their superior double room looking over a lovely garden and rice field. The room was really lovely with some old traditional touch of interior. I get the feeling I stayed in an old typical Indonesian traditional house, with all the old style furnishing. The door makes me feel I'm actually sleeping in a village. The bathroom has a bathtub. Everything is SUPER CLEAN. I can really feel with my feet that they made the floor really really clean I felt guilty that my feet made the floor not so clean anymore :D
There is a book on the desk containing any kind of information one can think of.
Food was also great. And the price was not shocking as other restaurants around Ubud. For a hotel restaurant, I consider them inexpensive. I quickly ordered meal for dinner after shower and they deliver the food to my room. I ate in the balcony while enjoying the garden and the sound of countryside animal surround. I also like the design of their new restaurant in Monkey Forest Street. Lovely!
You know they have some villas with private pools and of course looking out the rice field that are not yet published in the website. Worth to try!
I thank everybody in Tegal Sari for the nice experience. My husband instantly fell in love and got addicted to Tegal Sari. We will definitely go back for many times.
I read some complain about email reservation. then I guess they have to fix this issue. But phone reservation works really well for me.

Room Tip: Book early!!!!!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple