“Perfect hotel!”

Ranked #32 of 196 Hotels in Ubud
London
“Perfect hotel!”
Reviewed December 18, 2007

I stayed at the Tegal Sari for 4 nights with my boyfriend in room 10, a super deluxe room. The room was beautiful with a big wooden balcony looking out over the paddy fields, and no other rooms overlooked the room or balcony so it was very private and felt very secluded. The bedroom had huge glass windows on 2 sides. Our bathroom had a huge bath and a fantastic shower with a pebble floor.
However, the best thing about the Tegal Sari is the staff. They are so friendly and helpful, driving us into town whenever we asked, providing excellent reccommendations for local restaurants and best of all, bringing our delicious breakfast to our balcony each morning.
The hotel has a small but lovely pool (and provides pool towels), and an open air weights room, small library, internet access and restauarant (food was excellent!) but my favourite thing was the Spa. The spa is 5 mins drive away (of course they drive you there and pick you up after). My hour long massage cost about £4 and was devine, with a choice of oils, whole body and head and scalp massage and followed by an amazing shower and herbal tea.
I was incredibly sad to leave the Tegal Sari as it was such a beautiful and relaxing place to stay. I can not reccomend it hioghly enough.

• Liked — Staff and beautiful scenery
  • Disliked — Nothing!
  • Stayed December 2007, traveled as a couple
7 Thank Millylilly

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (280)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed December 17, 2007

My husband and I spent 8 days at Tegal Sari and enjoyed our time very much. The staff are very friendly and one of them even stop his motorbike along the street to say hi to us! Vr good service.. They really go all the way to try to meet our requests. I love waking up every morning so close to nature and at the same time have our breakfast on the terrace. The food is good.. went beyond our expectations of what room service food is. Don't be fooled by the seemingly small kitchen... they managed to whipped up quite a storm. Love their banana pancakes, tomato spaghetti and club sandwiches. Reasonable prices as well. We stayed in 2 rooms - Duplex and Super Deluxe Wooden Room. We prefer the S.D. Wooden Room. The indoor sofa makes a good place to laze around with a good book. Thumbs up! We'll be back!

• Liked — Friendly staff (good service), Food, Clean rooms
  • Disliked — None
  • Stayed December 2007, traveled as a couple
5 Thank canriann
Old Bar Nsw Australia
Reviewed November 18, 2007

I have just returned from Bali 2 days ago 18/11/07 & spent 8 nights at the Tegal Sari. My first impression of the reception was a bit daunting as it is under thatching & looks unimpressive but all the reviews that I read here on the trip advisor are correct. This place was a dream. The rooms (super deluxe - bottom floor) were fabulously large & clean. We had the most impressive view & were literally 2.5 mts from the rice fields where we were able to watch the farmers work from dawn to dusk - & being keen photographers we had a ball. Breakfast on the verandah was a delight (banana pancakes yum) , but there is also a heavenly bakery across the road who serves scrumptious fare. A supermarket is just a little up the road & there is a wine shop out front who sells Aussie wines for the same price as Oz. The walk to central Ubud only takes 25mins & it is only a 10 minute walk to Monkey Forrest. The best thing is the staff. They go out of the way to make you comfortable & welcomed. They also give free transport drop off & pick up which we used every day for free. They were always happy to help. Internet is available with quick connections. A definite return place for me. 10 stars.

• Liked — Large size of rooms & verandah & cleanliness
  • Disliked — The reception area needs an upgrade
  • Stayed November 2007, traveled with friends
4 Thank lyndz50
Mt Martha, Australia
Reviewed November 12, 2007

Stayed for 2 nights late October. Second time this year. Friend came to Bali with me for the first time and fell in love with Bali and especially Tegal Sari. Had one of the older super deluxe rooms and was very happy with it. Staff couldn't do enough for you . Would not stay anywhere else. Warung Enak almost next door is also well worth a visit.

• Liked — Staff, rooms, location, scenery, relaxation
  • Disliked — Is a little far from main Ubud. Streets would be very dangerous at night..holes etc
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled with friends
2 Thank pittsy
Wickham, West Australia
Reviewed October 30, 2007

My family (2 adults, 2 children- 5 & 7) have just returned from 3 weeks travelling around Bali. Our stay in Ubud was memorable especially because of the Tegal Sari. The rooms (we booked a super deluxe room online before leaving Aust.), food, ambience and service were outstanding. Thankyou TA for the tip and congratulations Tegal Sari on a job well done!

• Liked — Everything!
  • Disliked — Nothing.
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled with family
1 Thank L.Northam
Netherlands
Reviewed October 21, 2007

After reading the online reviews I was pretty confident in giving this place a try. A bit scary because you can only book the place from the website and had to prepay everything beforehand.
But I must say at the end this place truly was much much better than advertised.I can safely say that this must be one of the best hotels I ever stayed in.Not just in value, but also in atmosphere, class and all out service.
I was really sad that I only stayed here for two days.

I stayed at the Superdeluxe wooden room. It's actually the top half of a whole balinese Villa.The interior was all very beautifull. WIth a huge high end bathroom.Bath tub was enough for two with a view to the rice paddies.
We got a huge 4 poster bed.Utterly romantic with curtains down.Outside was a large veranda/terrace overlooking the gorgeous rice paddies and the monkey forest. Simply wonderfull views. The best part of the place is the breakfast. You can choose several breakfast sets.From fried rice to pancakes.
The hotel offers possiblilty to getting the breakfast in the restaurant OR get it served at your terrace. Well nothing beats a morning breakfast at your terrace overlooking that wonderfull scenery.SIMPLY wonderfull.An unbeatable experience.
And then I haven't taken into account the superb service that we got from the personnel or the free ubud pickup service.

Just a bit of warning...this hotel was so great that it basically ruined the whole holiday.All other hotels I stayed in paled in comparison to Tegal Sari....making them all feel second class.
Even Alam Kul Kul fails to approach Tegal Sari.

Simply put one of the best holiday stays i ever had.

• Liked — The room, View, Service, Breakfast, free pickupservice
  • Disliked — Nothing at all
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled as a couple
11 Thank tan1415
Dallas, TX
Reviewed October 18, 2007

This tiny hotel was a gem in Ubud. Surrounded by rice paddies and lush tropical foliage, it was a charming and peaceful place. Its staff was super-attentive and friendly providing 5-star hotel service.

We stayed at the Deluxe Room which was simple and cozy. Outside the room, there was a small patio overlooking the rice fields – a great place to enjoy breakfast and chill out in the evening.

The hotel offered shuttle bus service to the city center. We called for the shuttle after dinner (after 10:00 p.m.) and did not have to wait for too long. However, in the morning (between 8-11 a.m.), the shuttle might be hard to come by as everybody was going out at that time.

The breakfast was very average, but I tried one of their entrees at lunch and the quality was high.

The only complaint I had was their slightly worn out towels and shower curtain. They need to replace them more frequently.

• Stayed September 2007