1,303 results
All reviews chef dean personal butler pool villa cocktail hour afternoon tea rice paddies free laundry complimentary mini bar our honeymoon butler putra bose sound system private estate kecak dance butler service the general manager one bedroom suite local village
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

This place had everything I wanted in a holiday. Good food, great service and very comfortable rooms with a mini bar. We upgraded our room so we had a private pool. There was also a big wall around the whole compound so we could frolic like otters in the pool without scaring any other guests. The room came with a “free” mini bar and a butler. To be honest we didn’t hit the mini bar as much as I thought but it was all there if we wanted it. This consisted of a good amount of whiskey, Gin and Vodka in carafes as well as various mixers. This was supposed to be limited and only refilled once a day but our butler ensured we had enough of what we needed so we weren’t restricted to just 2 cans of coke to go with the whiskey. He also provided limes and ice as required. I’m sure that if we had guzzled the lot before 0900 we might have had to wait till the next day but as it was they took the view that we weren’t taking advantage of anything and came to the party with the refills. All very fair.
The food around the whole resort was great although some dishes could have been a bit bigger. My breakfast one morning consisted of a small amount of scrambled egg, two tiny mushrooms, one little sausage and the world’s smallest hash brown. It barely hit the sides. I am sure they would have provided more if asked but in general the portions were very small. No big deal really as I tend to eat too much anyway, but I was a bit surprised. Service in the restaurant and everywhere was great and they appeared and were eager to help us as soon as we looked like we needed anything.
The grounds were beautiful and well maintained as was our room, the restaurant, and all the auxiliary bits and bobs. The car service into town was also very prompt and the fact they gave you a phone so you could call when ready to be collected made everything so much easier. You just rang and said that you were at xyz and they came and found you.
All in all a very pleasant experience that we would be happy to repeat.

Date of stay: November 2018
DeasyS51, General Manager at The Chedi Club Tanah Gajah, Ubud, Bali – a GHM hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Dear Mr Jamesmoran11,

Warm greetings from your home in Ubud!

Warm greetings from your home in Ubud,

Thank you very much for your recent stay at The Chedi Club Tanah Gajah, Ubud. We are thrilled to read your positive comment on your experience.

Indeed the club benefit is ensuring your comfort during holiday without worrying the snack and drinks during your relax time in villa.

May we hope to look forward to welcoming you back to your home in Ubud and once again, thank you very much for your wonderful comment on your stay.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Just returned from 3 nights at the wonderful Chedi Club in Ubud booked through Luxury Escapes.
We had a one bedroomed pool villa which had very spacious accommodation.
The first thing that struck me about the hotel was the beautiful grounds that it was set in which gave a feeling of peace and tranquility. The staff were extremely welcoming and addressed you by name.
We had a butler called Bawa who I have to mention as previously when I have had a butler assigned to the room I have been unaware of what their purpose is. Bawa gave us a tour of the facilities on the way to the villa in the electric cart. When he showed us the room I was pleasantly surprised to see a well stocked mini bar with beer but also decanters with gin,vodka,and whisky in spiced nuts biscuits an assortment of loose teas and a coffee machine. He was always available and nothing was too much trouble.
The general manager was very welcoming too and the staff at the pool and the restaurant were first class and friendly. Many of them had worked at the hotel for many years and you felt they were a family , enjoyed their work and were proud to be part of the Chedi Club.
The food in the restaurant was first class. Presentation and flavours were excellent and you really felt this hotel wanted to be remembered for its outstanding food as well as excellent accommodation so well done to the chef and his team. The restaurant itself was a lovely open sided building overlooking the paddy fields.
Afternoon teas and cocktails were a real treat and could be taken in the villa ,restaurant,by the pool or in one of the other areas.
One evening they put on a Kecak show with approx 70 performers which was excellent followed by a Royal Dinner.
I didn’t use the spa simply because I was enjoying the pool in the villa or the main pool too much but there was a wide range of treatments available.
We took a balloon ride which was an experience to remember and the only place on the island I believe where you can do this so was very popular.
Excellent stay here would definitely return if I can.

Trip type: Traveled with friends

Dear Mr Goostreygal,

Warm greetings from your home in Ubud!

It is such an honor to have you stay at the pool villa. Thank you for your wonderful comment on your recent stay. We are thrilled to read it and feel blessed to deliver the service and providing the facilities that exceed your expectation.

Thank you for allowing Bawa, your butler, to deliver the service during your stay.

We are looking forward to welcoming you to The Chedi Club Tanah Gajah, Ubud - your home away from home

Sincerely yours,

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

My husband and I as well as another couple all stayed at the Chedi Club in the Pool Villas. Let’s just say this was one of the best properties I have ever stayed at! From the moment we checked in until the moment we departed our stay was spectacular. Hendra (who was our butler) took care of everything we needed - even on his day off!

The pool villa was very clean and came with all the essentials. The food and drinks at the restaurant we’re extremely fresh and delicious. The spa was amazing and accommodated our schedules. And finally, the front desk staff arranged transportation for us prior to our arrival and during our stay professionally and promptly.

Make sure you book the floating breakfast during your stay!

Trip type: Traveled with friends

Dear Kymberlee N,

Warm greetings from your home in Ubud,

Thank you very much for your recent stay at the Pool Villa. We are thrilled to read your positive comment on your experience and how your patient and detailed of your stay mentioned in this comment.

Hendra, your butler, were honored to have the opportunity to deliver the service that exceed your expectation.

Thank you for experiencing the food, the spa, the tour and the floating breakfast!

We are looking forward to welcoming you back to your home in Ubud and once again, thank you very much for your wonderful comment on your stay.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

I only saw the dinner and show but was impressed. The show was extremely private and was very entertaining. Was true to the story and really made you feel immersed in the culture. They even give you a little welcome drink which was nice and refreshing throughout the show. Would highly recommend. Where I felt the experience was lacking was at dinner. After the show the Chedi hosts a royal Balinese dinner. The dinner was advertised as an experience but the only cultural part was when the Balinese women brought the food out on their head. The meal itself was a disappointment to me. It wasn’t served in courses but was brought out all at the same time and the “courses” were sectioned off on the same plate. The food had also clearly been sitting out for some time under lamps. The waiter loosely explained what each mound was but I forgot after a minute and had to play a guessing game. I didn’t particularly like the taste of anything either. The dinner was served outside and would be a beautiful view of the rice fields but since it was at night you couldn’t see anything. I think where they really lost me was that we prepaid for the dinner and as we were leaving were told that we still had to pay for our drinks....which were water. The meal and show are very expensive and then to charge $8 for 2 tap waters is quite an insult.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Dear Mr 548alim,

Greetings from The Restaurant,

Thank you for spending your time to visit the Kecak performance. We felt honored to read your comment on the overall feeling during the show.

Please apologize for the inconvenience experience of the dinner ritual. We will have a look thoroughly and have your feedback as our improvement.

Thank you for your feedback and I will allocate the comment into the proper page of The Restaurant at The Chedi Club Tanah Gajah, Ubud

Truly enjoyable holiday
Excellent service and dedicated and most amazing staff especially Dewa and Sugi
Great food from chef Dean
Staff went out of the way to cater to all our requests
Beautiful villas and surrounding scenery

Trip type: Traveled with family

Dear Mr Meander12357960199,

Warm greetings from your home in Ubud,

Thank you very much for your recent stay at The Chedi Club Tanah Gajah, Ubud . We are thrilled to read your positive comment and thank you for mentioning your food experience with Chef Dean,

Dewa and Sugi, your butler, were honored to have the opportunity to deliver the service that exceed your expectation.