Bisma Eight(Ubud)
$275
$184
$148
Savings alert! 31% below average rates

The price you found is 31% lower than this hotel's average rate of $214/night.

$288
$314
$114
Agoda.com
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of $133/night.

$499
Orbitz.com
$766
$665
Savings alert! 20% below average rates

The price you found is 20% lower than this hotel's average rate of $832/night.

1,246 results
All reviewschef deanpersonal butlerpool villacocktail hourafternoon tearice paddiesour honeymooncomplimentary mini barbutler putraghm hotelsbose sound systembutler servicekecak dancethe general managerlocal villageoutdoor bathcar service
Reviewed November 29, 2012

Really lovely hotel. Read other reviews suggesting the pool villa is the way to go and agree - we had three nights in a suite and 3 in the villa. Suites are lovely, but the pools are amazing.

Every one at the hotel makes you so welcome, always greeting you by name with a warm smile.

The grounds are so peaceful and relaxing. If you need to unwind and get away from it, go here. If you want the opposite, try Seminyak! We had an afternoon there - having lunch at the Legian, which is really nice, but Seminyak is just opposite of Ubud that it makes you long to get back to the Chedi.

At the hotel spa I recommend the Bali massage. We did the couples one. They have the doors open looking over the fields - stunning.

Ubud is worth going to for dinner and drinks a few times for a change of scene. Lots of great places. Shopping pretty good. Hotel has a free shuttle, but cab is only US $5.

With one of the 3 for 2 offers it's really good value, considering free breakfast, drinks, tea, cocktails and transfer.

Have you booked yet?

Room Tip: Splurge on a villa. We stayed in 11, no views of the fields but very secluded.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 28, 2012

We have just spent 6 nights at the Chedi and it has been the most relaxing stay. The resort is beautiful, well layed out with manicured gardens and a cultural feel. Our spa villa was very comfortable and all the inclusions and complimentary 90 minute daily massage was such a treat. The resort is surrounded by farms and rice paddies and the restaurant overlooks these and receives a lovely, cooling breeze all the time. The food was excellent and the presention was stunning! Well done Chef Dean! Simon the General Manager personally made us feel very welcome, and our butler Pasek was incredible - always there when you needed him but never intrusive. The Kacek dance on the Friday night was wonderful and worth seeing and I also did the art class with Bruce which was truly fantastic! Nothing was too much trouble for the team here. I got bitten by a monkey at the monkey forest (dont go there anymore as the monkeys have become quite aggressive) and a Chedi car shuttled me around from forest to the International Clinic, waited, then took me back to the resort, all at no cost. I would say this is the best venue in Bali if you are looking for 5 star accomodation!!

Room Tip: If you choose a spa villa you get a 90 minute massage every day, and you can still swim in the resorts lovely pool.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 27, 2012

This is the only wow will out from my mouth, from the moment step into the resort you like going to a dream!! Just beside the main road but you couldn't even knew that there's a traffic moving out there and the place is incredibly amazing.

The moment we reach the reach out butler already standing on the entrance to welcome and take our luggages to buggy and heading to the resort lobby and we're welcome by another 2 staffs in the receiption and the check in process is fast and out of the expectation the Pisang Goreng (Banana Fritters) we serve is still hot!!!!!!

We were guided to tour the resort and leading to our room and the butler is offered to unpack the luggage for us (this the first time we receive such service and make us feel like a VIP) . We had a spa room and the room is wonderful, every corner of the room is unique and place with balinese crafting and so spacious and well design from a relax lounge, audio area, dining table, spa room, private suana room, outdoor shower and bathtub to a lovely bedroom.

We ate mostly in the resort including lunch and dinner and a romantic paddy fields candle lite. The food is so delicious and amazing service even I'm a vegan the restaurant staff or even the executive chef was cracking their head to arrange special meals for my candle lite dinner. I would like to personnally thanks the Exe. Chef - Dean, Rest. Manager - Ketut and the staff Darma for the warm and lovely service during our stay.

During our dinner, we ask our butler to provide us some local attraction for reference and within minutes she had prepared a list of activities that available for us to choose and a special itinery was printed for our record and we chosen to take a look into the local balinese artworkshop for tomorrow. And we had our 1st stop at wood crafting follow with silver and gold factory and batik boutique and factory before we stop at the historical temple (Pura Samuan Tiga) and our last stop at Bridges for lunch. The whole journey is so smooth and memoreable from the moment go into the car we were serve with a warm towel and bottel of water and over the journey we were always served with cold towel and cold water and this is really refreshing especially during the noon time when the weather is extremely hot and throughout the journey the driver we explaning the balinese culture, history, places and even we're sharing our families stories. Thanks you Fit (the driver) we appreciate your lovely service.

A special thanks to Yuni (butler) for the arrangement.

The only minor complaint will be the rainforest shower in the villa as the shower is lack of power and is merely feel like a raindrop instead of rainforest shower.

This is definately a wonderful experience that I couldn't get from other highend resort/hotel and we already missed The Chedi Club by now. I'll recommended this resort and we will coming back again.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank SleepySteven
Reviewed November 18, 2012

Simply amazing and magical place. Went for my honeymoon and couldn't have been more perfect. From the butler service, the food, the stunning location, everything was perfect and more than worth the price.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Shabba64
Reviewed November 14, 2012

We only had time to spend one night in Bali, but what a night! This place is just breathtaking. We received a lovely welcome to the hotel with some absolutely delicious banana fritters and a very tasty lemongrass drink. Our butler then gave us a tour of the grounds and took us to our room. Our room was spacious and clean and really tasteful. I had booked a spa appointment but we were a bit late in arriving. This was no problem whatsoever; they were able to rearrange my appointment and I didn't miss out at all. I had a fantastic Balinese massage, as well as a manicure and pedicure. The therapists were very good and I thoroughly enjoyed myself. We had the set dinner which was pretty good. They served some fish skewers that were so delicious that I had seconds, and I very rarely eat fish, they were that good! Breakfast was fantastic and extremely relaxing, looking out over the rice paddy. We were so sad to leave, and hope to go back to Bali and stay much longer at the Chedi Club.

I only have one tiny complaint: the air conditioning in our transport to the airport didn't seem to be working, which made for an extremely uncomfortable ride. The driver was of course apologetic, and did all he could, but it just wasn't working and it was extremely hot that day.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank AmandaLower
TheChediClubUbud, General Manager at The Chedi Club Tanah Gajah, Ubud, Bali – a GHM hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 15, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review and your feedback on our property. I have passed your review on to our spa and culinary teams, and they were very happy to receive your comments.

The team has been informed of the issue you faced with the transportation, and I sincerely apologize for this lapse, especially considering the Bali heat and the time it takes to get to the airport. All cars have been checked and a plan made to substitute cars when any of the facilities are not functioning.

Thank you again for your feedback and we're glad you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Chedi Club!

Simon and the Chedi management team