“Outstanding in every respect”
Review of COMO Uma Ubud

COMO Uma Ubud
Ranked #14 of 197 Hotels in Ubud
Reviewed May 14, 2014 via mobile

Yes, this place is pricey. Buy to get this kind of value and service in Europe you would need to spend at least 3x more, and the service would still not be as attentive to your every need. Definitely worth a splurge if you can afford it.

• Stayed: May 2014
Uma-ResortManager, Manager at COMO Uma Ubud, responded to this reviewResponded May 25, 2014

Dear GroovyGeek,

Thank you for staying with us. I am glad that you found our resort was outstanding in every aspect and what we offered reflected good value and service.

We look forward to welcoming you back, I am sure it will be very soon.

Resort Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (1,450)

Reviewed May 14, 2014

We stayed here for 3 nights on recommendation from a friend. I can not fault the services and facilities at the Uma Como. We had a Pool Villa overlooking the valley with its own little infinity pool. Every single staff member from housekeeping to F&B to Reception to Security was polite, informative and genuinely interested in how your day had been, what you were planning and if you were having a good stay.

We used the spa…Claire's massage was the best she had in Bali. I went for a full body scrub…have never done it before…but when in Rome…It was extremely relaxing and very nice surroundings.

Uma Cucina was nice for dinner on the last night. Good Italian food, nice cocktails. There are loads of great restaurants to try in Ubud…but if you just can't be stuffed leaving the hotel for a night, it is a good option.

Breakfast was excellent. Cooked to order/a la carte. Staff ensure you have everything you need and won't let you get up for anything.

Can highly recommend a stay here.

Room Tip: Pool Villa is great
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank tac_79

Dear tac_79,

Thank you for staying at Uma to spend your special honeymoon, thank you as well for your friend for recommending Uma Ubud to you and Claire.

I am happy that you had a great time together and enjoyed the Pool Villa, Uma Cucina, Kemiri for breakfast and our COMO Shambhala spa. Great villa, best spa, best food and genuine service from Uma team are perfect elements to ensure your honeymoon was a memorable one.

I trust we will meet again, and we look forward to welcoming you back to Uma very soon.

Reviewed May 13, 2014 via mobile

If you're visiting Ubud and want a high-end boutique Hotel experience with excellent service, an intimate feel, and a central location the Uma by Como, Ubud is the spot for you! I visited in April with a friend and we couldn't have been happier with our stay. The Hotel is centrally located in Ubud (down the street from Mozaic Restaurant). Although it's on a Main Street in Ubud Central, once you enter the hotel you feel as if you're in a private secluded haven with a gorgeous pool, spectacular jungle views, stellar service, and peace and quiet.

The staff here was beyond amazing. The service was similar to what you'd find at a Four Seasons or a St Regis. They were so on top of assisting guests that the small details such as refilling your water (before you ran out) went unnoticed. A friend described it as such excellent service you didn't even notice the staff! For example, my friend ran out of contact solution, and after requesting some from the front desk we had it delivered to our room within two minutes! It's small touches like this, and the stellar customer service that made the hotel worth every penny.

If you appreciate amazing fresh healthy food, The Uma will amaze you. Their sister property in Ubud features a nutritionist creating a health conscious menu which is available at The Uma as well. My favorite meal is their buffet breakfast including fresh juices, delicious entrees (the pumpkin pancakes were my favorite) and the delicious fresh fruit assortment. The Breakfast is included with your room rate so come to breakfast hungry and enjoy!! The pool menu also offered delicious Salads, Light Entrees and Wood Oven Pizza's which were delicious (shocking since you are in Bali not Italy!). Another highlight of the Uma Hotel is their spectacular bar menu. The Martini Happy Hour become a daily favorite, the delicious fresh Passion Fruit Martini was my favorite!!! After a month in Bali I learned it's hard to find a delicious well made cocktail and I kept craving the delicious cocktails I enjoyed at The Uma by Como. Clearly I was spoiled.

Thanks again Uma Team for making my visit to Ubud truly memorable. I will recommend your amazing hotel as a MUST VISIT for every traveller visiting Ubud. Fondly The JetSetting Fashionista!!!

Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends

Dear JSFashionista,

I couldn't thank you enough for such a wonderful review.

You described perfectly Uma in many aspects. We are very furtunate to have such an ideal location which gives our guests a perfect balance between the accesibility to Ubud center and the feeling of being secluded in the middle of gardens and jungles.

I am glad that our healthy cuisine at breakfast became your favorite meal while you were in Bali. It is very encouraging for us that our food in our new Italian Restaurant - Uma Cucina was one of your highlights. Above all, we are very grateful that you found our team beyond amazing. I will share your review to our entire team which will motivate us to serve our guests even better.

Thank you and we look forward to welcoming you back to Uma Ubud very soon.

Reviewed May 13, 2014

Everything about Uma by Como is first rate. The room compound with separate large bathroom a few short steps away via a sheltered pathway next to a koi pond is excellent. The staff is very friendly and always trying hard to accommodate. My small group had a very early departure and without asking they opened the restaurant extra early for us. the breakfast and lunch restaurant is excellent. The large pool is the centerpiece of the resort. The adjoining pool bar is a good place to have a snack and relax. The location is a nice compromise between the traffic and noise of Ubud and the five star resorts which are too far from town. I highly recommend the Uma.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends

Dear packandready2go,

It is a privilege to have very positive comments from a top contributor like yourself.

I am glad that you loved our Water Garden Room, the main pool and its Pool Bar as well as our location. I am particularly happy that you found our team friendly, accomodating and attentive.

Thank you for staying with us and for sharing your experiences in this forum. We look forward to welcoming you back to Uma very soon.

Reviewed May 11, 2014 via mobile

I have been a silent member of trip advisor for many years but have decided to make a concerted effort to start writing reviews as this resort was worthy of the time and effort to do so.

My Husband and I have just finished a stay at Uma Ubud, 5th - 11th May 2014. We stayed here as the second stop on our honeymoon.

We both thoroughly enjoyed our stay at this hotel and feel it fully deserves a 5 star rating and all the previous good reviews.

The room:
We stayed in an Uma pool villa, number 26. The room was large and immaculately clean. This room benefitted from its own private plunge pool overlooking the valley below and was very peaceful. The room also had a dining area, sitting area and semi open plan bathroom. The bathroom had a deep bath with shower attachment and also a shower which had one wall as bamboo curtain, giving you the pleasurable experience of showering outside whilst still retaining full privacy.

The staff:
The staff here were among some of the most polite and helpful I have experienced in a hotel. From the moment we checked in every staff member knew our names and made it a point of saying hello when we passed or asking about our day and how the activities had been. Every morning our room was cleaned in what seemed like lightening speed and no request was too difficult for the guest services team, including helping us get rid of a lizard that crawled into our room! The service seemed a lot more genuine than we have experienced at previous 5* resorts.

The food:
We made extensive use of the food and beverage services during our time here. We ate at the pool bar, Kemiri restaurant for breakfasts and the Bebek Betutu duck feast, Uma Cucina, had room service and sampled multiple cocktails over the course of our stay. All of the food we ate was delicious and fresh tasting. It was slightly more than what you may pay in the neighbouring restaurants but I am always happy to pay for quality.
The breakfast selection was in my opinion an appropriate amount, 10 or so dishes to order from a menu and toast, fruit, cereals, pastries and yoghurts from the buffet. A personal favourite dish for me was the buckwheat and pumpkin pancakes.

The spa:
We had a couple of treatments in the spa, a couples Balinese spice mask, reflexology + pedicure for me and the Como Shambala purify for men for him.
I would highly recommend the spa, again prices were higher than out in the street, but for us still cheaper than at home and excellent quality in a clean and friendly environment.

Hotel activities:
A personal highlight of the stay at the hotel for us was undertaking a private cooking class with one of the chefs, Darma. We chose the Indonesian menu and were taught 4 amazing tasting dishes.
We also went on an excursion with the hotel which covered Goa Gajah, Tirta Empul, Mt Kintamani and coffee overlooking rice paddies.
Both of these were organised with Guest Services on our arrival.
I also enjoyed some yoga classes in the pavilion overlooking the valley below.

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at this hotel. We already have our next Como stay booked at the Halkin in London in August, if the standard is anything like here we will be delighted.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank touristgirl86_now

Dear touristgirl86,

I couldn't thank you enough for sharing such a wonderful review. I am sure it will inspire lots of travellers. More importantly, we are delighted that you had a fantastic honeymoon with us.

We are very humbble to read your comments describing very details of your stay, from your room to our food, spa, activities and particularly our team. It is very motivating to read that you found our team as the most polite and helpful employees you have ever experienced.

Once again, thank you and I trust that we will meet again. For your future stay in London, I am sure our team at The Halkin will take a very good care of you.

Reviewed May 9, 2014

This hotel was very good, pick up at the airport quiet a drive to hotel we arrived late but check in went very good suitcase went to the room quick. Only small thing no internet wifi in the room but the fixed it the next day wifi was through resort good and quick. We stayed for 4 might s here very small hotel they remember you by name and is very personal guidance from the hotel. Location is very good close to Ubud central where is not much to do anyway,some small restaurant across the hotel and some shops. If you do not want to eat in the hotel but food is very good you have other options walking distance. I loved the healthy breakfast with lots of choices. Spa was good reasonable prices and very good massages. Swimming pool is relaxed quiet atmosphere in the hotel service is good only thing could been busy in the morning and lying beds was packed but the managed to put a couple of extra and later some people left anyway. Tours from the hotel were good morning walk i loved to the rice fields and we did a other tour guidance was very good. Maybe little more expensive then other options but was most easiest was to book through them. The room was very good, we gave a garden terrace room was very central in the resort what I liked so you did not needed to walk far to the pool breakfast or spa. Can for sure recommend the hotel small nice boutique hotel with character and has something special.

Room Tip: Ask for room close by pool i loved the terrace room with view.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Jeffrey78,

Thank you for staying at Uma and sharing a very positive comments about your experiences with us.

I am delighted that our location, the size of Uma, the activities that we offered, our room and our cuisine are perfectly suited with your expectations.

Once again, thank you for recommending the reviewers to stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you back to Uma.

Reviewed May 9, 2014

I regularly travel to Bali and this was my second time staying at the Uma by COMO, Ubud. The property is well maintained, the staff was very friendly and was attentive to details.

I stayed at Uma Pool Villa this time. The villa is spacious and is hidden in the greenery. There is a big garden space by the pool where I enjoyed my afternoon tea overlooking small river.

If you love privacy, the Pool Villa will be an ideal.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family

Dear Nookili,

It is always a pleasure to welcoming you back and meeting you and family at Uma.

Thank you for sharing your experience and I am glad that you had a great family time. I am particularly happy that you found our team as very friendly and attentive.

I trust that I will see you very soon and I am more than happy to assist you personally for your future stay.