“Home away from home with 5 star service”
Review of COMO Uma Ubud

COMO Uma Ubud
Ranked #14 of 199 Hotels in Ubud
Reviewed February 14, 2014

My husband and I stayed in a Pool Suite at Uma (which means "home") in November 2013. The suite was very spacious and beautifully appointed. The only thing I would add is a small sofa in the room, as, if you wanted air conditioning, the only place to sit was on the bed. (There was a terrace with outdoor setting at the front of the unit.) Gorgeous bathroom!! The shower is open to the private plunge pool outside (but you can lock the shower door at night for safety and to stop bugs). Service was superb - helpful and warmly friendly, but not intrusive. The food was divine. Freshly cooked breakfasts - no lukewarm buffet foods here! Enjoyed the guided walks through the rice fields, yoga and attempted a bike ride from nearby volcano to Ubud, but the weather was against us and we had to abandon. Did not try the spa on this trip. Free ride into Ubud etc., but we walked it in about 25 mins (stopping at shops along the way). Some really good restaurants nearby - Indusa (order the smoked duck the day before). Loved this place so much, I am heading there soon with some girls from work! Can't wait to get "home".

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Veronica1820
Uma-ResortManager, Manager at COMO Uma Ubud, responded to this reviewResponded February 16, 2014

Dear Veronica1820,

It is a pleasure reading your review, especially from a Senoir Reviewer like your goodself. Thank you for considering Uma your home. We are glad that you enjoyed our room, our cuisine, the activities that we offered, and particularly the service from our Uma team that you found helpful and friendly but not intrusive - we will share your comments to our team which will encourage us to serve our guests even better.

Unfortunately the weather avoided you enjoying our favorite Kintamai Freewheel, it is indeed a very special free wheeling down from an area near Mount Batur through village roads, plantations, and nice natural scenery along the way. please keep this part and our COMO Shambhala spa experience for your next stay at Uma.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Uma very soon.

Reviewed February 6, 2014

UMA has achieved the perfect balance in food, activities, accommodation, design and hospitality.

Perhaps like you (the reader), I spent 3 weeks searching for the perfect property to stay while visiting Ubud, including some very well known and famous 5 star properties.

Everything about UMA is so well balanced that it was a delight to come back here every day, after visiting temples, volcanoes and water rafting. This is a gem of a place and a home away from home.

We were very lucky in that we were given room 31 for our stay - if you can dish out the extra cash, this room type is really worth it - beautiful views of the river valley with lush vegetation and a lovely quaint pool. There are various steps to get here so it's a bit of an adventure, but if you are the type of person that looks for something unique with charm, it will be a pleasure to climb or go down those steps.

Everyone was extremely friendly, from our driver, to the reception staff, to all of our waiters, room service, massage and all of the personnel who are doing such a fabulous job at cleaning the grounds every day.

The vegetation is incredibly beautiful here too. I can't say enough good things about this place. No doubt we will recommend UMA to our friends.

Thank you UMA for making this one of our most memorable stays at a hotel in a long time.

Room Tip: River rafting is a must. Although it can get crowded on the river, it is well worth it. Ask UMA to b...
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Attila W
Uma-ResortManager, Manager at COMO Uma Ubud, responded to this reviewResponded February 11, 2014

Dear Attila W,

I cannot thank you enough for such a wonderful review.

Having our guests feel the balance in what we offer is indeed one of our goals and I am delighted you felt that we have achieved the perfect balance in our cuisine, guests activities, accomodation and most importantly the service from our team.

Thank you also for your kindness in recommending Uma to your friends, and we look forward to welcome you back to Uma Ubud - we have noted your room preference.

Reviewed February 3, 2014

This hotel is a little gem close to nearby Ubud.
We had an amazing trip here for part of our honeymoon. Our room was amazing with a beautiful infinity pool over looking the lush valley and trees. It is close enough to Ubud, we walked back one day and it took about 30-40 mins but was a nice stroll to walk off lunch.
It also has some lovely restaurants nearby that are within a 5 min stroll, inc. Naughty Nuri's which serve up amazing pork ribs and I couldn't recommend Moziac enough. Would definitely book this for a special occasion. We also ate at the hotel restaurant Cucinca, which was very nice food as well and the staff were extremely polite and helpful.
We stayed in room 46 and really was an amazing room, with a spectacular private room pool. The main pool looked lovely but we didnt use it as we spent our day by our own private pool and also exploring the rice paddy fields and trekking the campyan ridge which is well worth doing.
The only thing I could maybe criticise, is that as we were staying there for part of our honeymoon, I would have expected them to have done something special for us to celebrate this, but they didn't, but can't really fault them for this and the room and pool more than made up for this.
Great hotel and friendly staff.
Would highly recommend this hotel, it is just beautiful.

Room Tip: Room 46...amazing and very secluded
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Emma B

Dear Emma B,

We are delighted that Uma by COMO, Ubud could be part of your honeymoon celebration, once again - Congratulations!

We are glad that you had an amazing time with us and enjoyed our Pool Villa, our food at Uma Cucina, our trekking and most importantly the service from our Uma team.

Your feedback on our honeymoon amenities is very well noted and highly appreciated.

Thank you for writing such a great review and we look forward to welcome you back to Uma Ubud.

Reviewed January 26, 2014

What an amazing little gem so close to town-- Tini at the front desk was so helpful and ready to be of service. I stayed in 36, which had a secluded jungle view, and the turn-down service with candles was such a nice touch! After arriving late, they even included a late-night snack box and hot ginger tea!

The spa was absolutely fabulous-- one of the best massages I have had, and I go a lot :D Make sure to ask for Puri. The front desk also was helpful in getting me a motorbike and also Anom the guide took me around to the best art and shopping there is on the island I think. Wi-fi great as well-- I'd only recommend a teensy bit softer of a bed.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
2  Thank wandersmuch
Uma-ResortManager, Manager at COMO Uma Ubud, responded to this reviewResponded January 28, 2014

Dear wandersmuch,

Thank you very much for staying with us and posting such a great review.

We indeed have the advantage of being close (but not too close) to Ubud and at the same time secluded between the river valley and lush gardens. We are grateful to read that our team, especially Tini, Puri and Anom were able to exceed your expectation. I will share your comments with them which will encourage them to serve even better.

We trust that you will return back and we look forward to having you staying with us again.

Reviewed January 24, 2014

I stayed for two nights and must say the service was excellent!! I especially loved the turn down service at night and mosquito net around the bed. The bed was so comfortable I didn't want to get out of it. The private pool that came with my villa was nice to cool off after laying out in the comfortable lounge chair. The doors fully opened with a telescoping patio door from the bedroom to the patio area connecting the inside to the outside with the beautiful curtains flowing in the breeze. The really wide opening just eliminated the barrier between indoors and out and is now something I will want for home. The bathroom was elegant and natural with all of the glass windows and outdoor shower. The yoga platform's view of the surrounding mountains and river below were breathtaking; I couldn't stop taking pictures. The food at the resort was superb. I enjoyed the breakfast area and the cuisine that was included with the room; so many choices made fresh for you! I ate at the restaurant for dinner and must say the pasta was fresh and cooked perfectly and you must have the chocolate sin desert!! And don't miss the happy hour specials by the pool and do chat with the bartenders about all things local, highly knowledgeable staff and great conversation. I highly recommend Uma by Como for anyone staying in Ubud.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank Ozarkhippie
Uma-ResortManager, Manager at COMO Uma Ubud, responded to this reviewResponded January 27, 2014

Dear Ozarkhippie,

It is very obvious that you enjoyed your villa so much as you could described it very vividly on your review. Thank you so much for staying with us at Uma and for sharing your great experiences.

More than the room, I am glad that you enjoyed the services from our team including our food, coctails, etc. Our yoga class is one of the highlights - combining the stunning yoga studio with a very humble yet talented yoga teacher.

Once again, thank you for recommeding Uma by COMO, Ubud to reviewers and we look forward to welcoming you back to Uma very soon.

Reviewed January 23, 2014

My wife and I stayed here on our honeymoon and found the staff to be absolutely incredible. We felt like royalty! The staff made sure we felt like the most important people in the world, but without being scripted or fake. The hotel/resort was incredible as well. No detail was overlooked. The room was spotless and beautiful, and the staff cleaned our room every morning and with turn down service at night. We came back every evening to a lit candle welcoming us "home". They offered free yoga in a beautiful pavilion over looking the jungle every day (yoga was great!). Food was amazing. The spa and massages were spectacular. We also took several private guided tours and found them to be informative, culturally interesting, and off the tourist trail a bit. Attention to detail was unparalleled in every aspect of our stay! We are so thrilled we stayed here.

Room Tip: we had a private villa (#25) overlooking the jungle and it was divine
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank wishiwaselsewhere

Dear wishiwaselsewhere,

First of all, please allow us once again to congratulate you, it is a pleasure having you spending your honeymoon with us at Uma.

We are very happy that you had a wonderful time with us and very grateful for your compliments to our products and services, especially our team. It was great that you could combine your relaxing stay in the resort with opportunities to explore Ubud/Bali through our tailor made tours.

I am sure there must be a lot more other aspects of Ubud and Bali you should explore in future, hence we look forward to welcoming you back to Uma very soon.

Reviewed January 15, 2014

After a brilliant first hotel experience in Sanur I was apprehensive about coming here but I needn't have been. From the word go the staff were lovely and it was brilliant to see another side of Bali. Our room had a beautiful view of the jungle canopy and, whilst I was worried about mosquitos (I am like sugar to them..) our room came complete with mossie repellents and a net around our massive bed - brilliant!

Sadly we were only there for 3 nights and spent most of our time exploring Ubud so we missed the opportunity for an evening meal. The poolside snacks were really good though if more than you'd pay in Ubud itself.

Whilst there we also took advantage of their free rice fields walk (well worth it) as well as a package trip around a variety of temples, mountains (well, mountain) and rice paddies. This was totally worth it. I was initially worried about the cost but it was all day and our guide (I wish I could remember his name and will edit if the missus remembers!) was excellent. You might be able to get such trips cheaper but for ease and quality it was definitely worth doing. Whilst loving the rice paddy walk the hotel supply I really wanted to see the touristy picture-perfect scenes you see on a postcard and this package ticked that box.

Thanks so much for making our trip so memorable, I'd totally recommend it to anyone!

PS sorry for the late reply!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Eamson
Uma-ResortManager, Manager at COMO Uma Ubud, responded to this reviewResponded January 16, 2014

Dear Eamson,

It was a pleasure having you staying with us at Uma and I am glad that you had a memorable stay with us.

3 nights are sometimes not enough to explore what Uma and Ubud could offer, however I am happy that you had the opportunity to experience our rice paddy morning walk and our tour to temples, mountain and very unique rice terraces.

There are a lot more to explore and to let yourself immerse with Ubud's nature and culture, hence please come back soon and stay longer!