COMO Uma Ubud, Bali
$177
$280
$254
1,507 results
All reviewsterrace roomour honeymoonpool villawater gardenkemiri restaurantmorning walkpool baryoga pavilioncomplimentary morningdaily yogakoi pondspa treatmentssunken bathoverlooking the valleyboutique hotelrice fieldsmain pool
Reviewed September 21, 2013

My wife and I stayed at Uma for our honeymoon, and honestly, we couldn't have been more thrilled with this excellent property. Everything--comfort of the rooms, high calibre of service, hotel amenities, spa services, and lets not forget the food--was just incredible. The hotel grounds were stunning; beautifully manicured with tropical flowers and lush greens, and thoughtful touches like koy ponds, waterfalls, and shrines. The room was tasteful and comfortable--we had a private patio, and the enclosed outdoor shower was a nice touch. The service was so personalized and attentive: staff would ask us our plans for the day and suggest local activities that might be of interest (we experienced a local "tooth-filing ceremony"--a rare once in 10 year occurrence--because Sari, one of the restaurant staff, told us about it at breakfast). The staff spoke with genuine interest--not forced superfluous hospitality conversation. All the staff knew us by name and congratulated us on our marriage--even BEFORE we gave them our room number each day. When we arrived we were greeted with a welcome snack, ginger tea, and our tub was filled with flowers; and, we were given a sparkling wine toast each night to celebrate our honeymoon. The food was INCREDIBLE. Breakfast, lunch, dinner, room service, and snacks by the pool were never disappointing--breakfast was our favorite part of the day--traditional Balinese, western, and fusion options. I fell in love with--of all things--this local honey served at breakfast. I asked Suwita, one of the restaurant staff, about where to find this honey and before we left he packed some up in a container for us to take home! (I am still enjoying it back home in America!!) The spa services were excellent and in a beautiful setting; and the complementary daily yoga and walking tours were also a great touch. A great location as well: it is just far away from the hustle and bustle of Ubud to enjoy quiet relaxation and walk among the nearby rice fields, but close enough to walk or a find a cheap taxi into town.

So accommodating. So welcoming. A beautiful and luxurious hotel, but it still has an authentic Balinese-ness to it--which is a very difficult balance. We absolutely LOVED our stay at this hotel and would recommend it to ANYONE who is going to Ubud. PERFECT for a honeymoon or relaxing couple's getaway.

1  Thank teddyseidman
COMO-GSM, Manager at COMO Uma Ubud, Bali, responded to this reviewResponded September 23, 2013

Dear teddyseidman

Thank you for writing such a heartfelt review of your stay at Uma. As a hotelier, I'm so happy to read that your stay with us was warm, welcoming and memorable.

Thank you for choosing to celebrate your honeymoon with us, and for recommending others also stay with us when coming to Ubud.

The entire Uma team, Sari, Suwita and I wish you every happiness

Reviewed September 16, 2013

I had a wonderful stay at Uma by Como in Ubud. The staff was the friendliest of any resort I've ever stayed at, and the style of the hotel was elegant/minimalist and beautiful all at once. I wish it had been sunny more often, because the pool was fantastic. I even spent a few days having lunch on the lounge chairs with the umbrella shielding me from the rain, just so I could enjoy the wonderful surroundings. The rooms were simplistic and clean. The only complaint I'd have is that we shared a wall with a family with children, and we could hear them speaking/the kids crying/etc. Otherwise the rooms were clean, and I loved the outdoor/indoor shower.
The spa was great - offering your standard massages and facials. I experienced both and loved them the same. I really enjoyed that the treatment rooms were open to the outside. It was very relaxing hearing the rain fall. The restaurant was superb - the staff remembered me every day and took note of my food allergy. The menu options were wonderful - healthy and unique. There are a few great shops and restaurants just down the road from the hotel as well (and the hotel even offers to pick you up from dinner if you dine nearby).
I arrived from Manila at 3am and upon my arrival in the middle of the night, the hotel had a small meal awaiting me in the room, along with a pitcher of freshly brewed ginger tea (amazing - a must try!). It was such a nice touch - and much needed after my 20+ hours traveling from Atlanta, Ga.
All in all, it was a slice of paradise and whenever I come back to Bali, I will absolutely stay at Uma by Como.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
COMO-GSM, Manager at COMO Uma Ubud, Bali, responded to this reviewResponded September 19, 2013

Dear jensc427

Thank you for your wonderful review (your first on TripAdvisor) of Uma by COMO, Ubud.

We appreciate your generous comments immensely and thank you particularly for recommending Uma to future travelers.

I am happy to read that you enjoyed and appreciated many aspects of your stay with us, yet am also apologetic regarding the noise you experienced in your room. We continue to work through correcting this concern in only a small number of rooms which suffered some sound insulation problems as a result of recent renovations.

Otherwise, I'm happy to know that our cuisine, spa and service all made for an exceptional stay and we look forward to welcoming you back. So please contact me personally so that I can coordinate your return.

With warmest regards

Reviewed September 15, 2013

My wife and I had a wonderful stay in the Uma by Como in Ubud.
Everything is designed with taste; the hotel is elegant and minimalist with a great Indonesian flavor.
The infinity pool was wonderful with great lounge chairs and surrounded by greenery, we didn't wan to leave it.
The rooms were spacious and luxurious, with a sweet canopy bed and fantastic bathroom including both a great soaking tub and indoor open shower.
The staff was very attentive and friendly, they truly made us feel at home. The restaurant was fantastic, breakfast a la carte menu with great indonesian and international choices. The location is unbeatable, just far enough from the busiest part of Ubud, but still close enough to explore the town and being able to walk to the center if you wish.
There are a few great shops and restaurants just across from the hotel as well as a nice walk within rice paddies nearby.

1  Thank sebipla

Dear sebipla

I'm happy to read your positive review of Uma and thank you for taking the time to share your positive experience on TripAdvisor.

I'm particularly glad that you made a special mention of Uma's location. As your review says, Uma is well positioned on the quiet edge of inner Ubud, just a short 30-40 minute stroll into the centre of town. Many of our guests come to Ubud to enjoy peace, quiet, relaxation and greenery, and thankfully, our location offers that with the ability to easily access the hustle and bustle of Ubud itself.

Thank you also for tipping your hat to our team. It was no doubt their's, just as it was my pleasure hosting you.

Best regards

Reviewed September 13, 2013

My husband and I stayed at this hotel on our honeymoon. We would definitely recommend this hotel for honeymoon or just for a pleasant stay in Ubud. The rooms are very well maintained and are gorgeous. We had a coy pond in our private front entranceway! The bathrooms very large and are partially open-air, with marble and granite. Beautiful. Upon arrival we were upgraded, without even asking! The grounds are beautiful with very well maintained gardens and trees. The breakfast was continuously outstanding and the dinner was very nice as well. One aspect that clearly stood out for us was the helpfulness and friendliness of the staff. All staff were always willing to help, smiling and went above and beyond. The only downfall of this hotel is that is it about a 30 minute walk to downtown Ubud. This isnt such a problem considering there are taxis everywhere!!! that cost about 2$ trip one way.
Overall, I definitely recommend this hotel for any occasion. Enjoy!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear mrslovinlife

I would like to thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful review of Uma and for your sincere recommendation of Uma to fellow travelers and honeymooners alike. I'm particularly happy that you, like many of our guests, enjoyed our cuisine, decor and facilities. But above all, I'm most happy to read that it was the service you received that you remember the most.

We look forward to you returning to another COMO Hotels and Resorts property soon.

With best regards

Reviewed September 11, 2013

We stayed in Uma at the end of a honeymoon and really liked it - we would stay there again. Some of the best points were:

- The food was the best of anywhere we stayed in Indonesia, in particular we loved the cooking class. For me this was the main standout feature of our stay. We stayed in some more expensive hotels elsewhere on our trip and the food at Uma was just much better. The kitchen and service staff were also fantastic.
- The staff spoke better English than anywhere else we stayed.
- They run a few free activites we liked, such as a morning walk before breakfast and afternoon yoga every day
- They run an evening cocktail 'happy hour' in their relaxed and stylish bar and the cocktails were great
- The Spa was really extensive and high quality

Some reservations I had

- Some of the rooms had air conditioning units which smelt slightly damp (possibly need cleaning or upgrading).
- I felt the airport transfer was a bit expensive ($50) and they were a bit unhelpful helping me arrange a normal taxi back to the airport when I left. In the end they did help out and gave me a discount on their transfer, but I just found this process odd and a bit irritating.
- We were on honeymoon and they didn't do anything out of the ordinary for us (which is fine, of course, but is something we found the other hotels we stayed at all did)

1  Thank Mike G
COMO-GSM, Manager at COMO Uma Ubud, Bali, responded to this reviewResponded September 11, 2013

Dear Mike G

Firstly, I would like to thank you for your encouraging review of Uma. I'm particularly happy to learn that you enjoyed many aspects of your stay with us including our complimentary activities and Uma's cuisine and beverage service (apparently the most out of your entire stay in Bali - so thank you). We also appreciate your acknowledging our staff and their skills. Each of our staff attend a weekly class to make serving our valued guests an easy exercise, so thank you for appreciating their effort.

I'm am, however, particularly disappointed to learn that your honeymoon wasn't noted during your stay. We very much enjoy extending a particularly special gift to our honeymooners. So I am sincerely apologetic that we did not capture your honeymoon status and contribute to your celebrations. I have contacted you separately to detail how we might correct this should you ever return to Bali. But for the benefit of future honeymooners reading this post, you only need to present a copy of your recent marriage certificate to our team at check-in to receive a gesture of congratulations from everyone at Uma.

I am saddened, however, to read that fifty dollars for a one hundred minute transfer to the airport was perceived as excessive. Unfortunately, metered taxis do not exist in Ubud. They're banned by the local government to help preserve work opportunities for locals and taxis from the South of Bali are prohibited to commence journeys within Ubud's locality. Your experience and frustration is certainly not unique and I empathise with visitors coming from countries where taxis are the norm. As explained in a previous reply, Uma provides premium transport services at a fixed rate with English speaking drivers in clean vehicles that are safety checked and road-worthy. Yes, cheaper privately owned transport options can be hailed from the street, however the experience is rarely of the same quality.

We thank you for your stay and your review and are happy to know that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to Uma should your travel plans ever bring you again to Bali.

With best regards