“Perfect”

COMO Uma Ubud
Ranked #15 of 195 Hotels in Ubud
“Perfect”
Reviewed May 7, 2013 via mobile

The best way to describe our time at uma was perfect. Staff were all so friendly and of high customer service, it actually felt as though we were the only ones staying there by the personalised service we received. The view from the yoga room is absolutely Devine. The serenity was bliss. Other guests were lovely. Food was amazing. A special thank you to Suwita for making our mornings pleasant at breakfast, Agus for always being so friendly and attentive and Sita for assisting us in every possible way. To all the other staff, I am sorry I do not recall everyones names, but you all were so gracious in assisting us getting into town, giving recommendations and always smiling and making us feel welcome. Thank Uma, I cannot wait to come back :)

Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
COMO-GSM, General Manager at COMO Uma Ubud, responded to this review, May 7, 2013
Dear Frana T

Thank you for calling your stay at Uma 'perfect'. I'm happy to know that our team looked after you and made you feel like you were the only guests.

I'm also appreciative of your mention of our great food here at Uma. As you know, we're about to open a new restaurant, and we look forward to our guests experiencing more of our great COMO cuisine.

Really looking forward to your return. Hopefully in the not too distant future.

Resort Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (262)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
York
Reviewed May 7, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for 7 nights in April - it was quiet and peaceful. We did a lot of sightseeing around Ubud and the central region of Bali during our stay, so only really had 2 days around town and the resort. The resort is clean and well maintained, small and peaceful. The staff is wonderfully sweet and attentive. By our last day, we knew a number of them and they were great to talk to; they made us want to visit again. The resort is small, so you never feel like one of many. If you're looking for hot nightlife and a bustling hotel bar, this is not the place for you. If you want to relax, unwind, have great service and very good food, this is the place.

We stayed in a pool suite and highly recommend it - very spacious and private. The room was very comfortable and attractive. The only thing I'd say is the small pool at our room was fairly chilly; not for everyone.

The restaurant is fantastic for breakfast; we had dinner there only one time, but it was very good and pretty romantic. The main pool is very pretty and extremely comfortable for relaxing. Loved it. The yoga area is spectacular overlooking the river gorge. There is a very small gym that we also did not use, but it looked clean and fundamental. Never used the spa - but the relaxing atmosphere actually took care of my tight neck and back naturally - I didn't even need a massage 3 days in! When we return to Ubud, we'll revisit. The staff is enough to make you want to return.

Room Tip: Pool suites are great - and very private. Some rooms are really close to the restaurant - probably...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear YorkWeGO

Your review of Uma is wonderfully thorough. You touch on many aspects that we so frequently receive great verbal feedback on; so thank you for putting this into writing for future guests to consider Uma as a destination in their travels to Bali.

You're right in saying that Ubud is a town which beats at a much slower pace. Ubud is quieter than Seminyak and Kuta in the south. But a little busier than Jimbaran, further south and Lovina in the north. Our guests often tell us that they'd wished they'd spent more time with us in Ubud than in the south. Here, the jungle and cooler temperatures force you to relax. Nonetheless, next time, I thoroughly recommend you to try one of our COMO Shambhala massages - they're exceptional.

I know our team join me in saying that we hope you'll return one day to stay with us again.

Wishing you safe travels until then

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed May 3, 2013

I've had my fair share of business and holiday travel and hotel stays, but my stay at Uma Ubud was so good that I've felt compelled to write a review (have never done so before). The service was exceptional, from the airport welcome all the way right to the airport drop-off. I have never been treated so well as a solo traveller - this place made me feel like I was the most important guest in the place. It felt like no whim of mine was beyond the staff - they never missed a beat, and everywhere I went every single staff greeted me like I was home with friends.
I stayed in a pool suite - amazing space with spectacular views of the Ayung river below. Food was great, and the staff even took note of my aversion (not allergies) to specific foods for my packed lunches. For the amazing room, service and facilities, this place is superb value.
The best place I have stayed in so far all round; the staff really made this particular trip to Bali the most enjoyable I've had. I genuinely felt sad leaving after 7 days, but will definitely be back!

Room Tip: Suites furthest to the back have the best view of the Ayung river.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank pomegrenadine
Dear pomegrenadine

I'm really excited to learn that your experience at Uma prompted you to write your very first Tripadvisor review. Thanks for enjoying Uma and what we do. It really was our pleasure to host someone so open to local culture and experiences as you were.

We can't wait to welcome you back!

With fondest regards

Niteroi, RJ
Reviewed May 2, 2013

I'm used to travel around the world, but I have never been so well treated in a hotel as I was in Uma Ubud .The staff is very professional and it would be so rude of me to mention some special name. All are formidable! Congratulations.
It was a pitty that I had not enough time to use the daily activities and the spa.
My room was superb with a great valley view and a private pool.
The breakfast is amazing.
I will certainly go back and use other hotels by Como.

Room Tip: With a private pool.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Dear Elaine M

For you to write that your experience at Uma was the best you've received, particularly as seasoned a traveller as you are, is absolutely wonderful to read.

Thank you for encouraging future guests to book a stay with us to experience the same. We certainly look forward to your return.

jakarta
Reviewed May 2, 2013

I stayed for one night in Uma by COMO and was very happy with it. All of the employees were so friendly and helpful. The aircon in my room was broken around midnight, and they quickly moved me to the other room available, they fixed the aircon immediately, so when i went back to my original room in the morning the aircon was fixed already, very quick! The breakfast was tasty, i don't know why people complain about their a la carte breakfast, quality is more important than quantity, i enjoyed my egg benedict so much. The yoga studio has breathtaking view, i really love it. Will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Dear a z

Thanks for reviewing Uma and for sharing your short experience with us on Tripadvisor.

I'm happy to know that over only one night, you were also able to experience what our guests who typically stay many more nights, also receive.

Thank you also for your understanding regarding the air-conditioning issue which we are thankful to have resolved.

We can't wait to welcome you back again.

With best regards

Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida
Reviewed April 28, 2013

My wife and I and a couple with whom we are close friends just returned from a 4 night stay at the Uma.

What an amazing hotel. Stunning rooms, common spaces and overall setting. Superb food. Great daily activities including yoga, morning hikes and bike tours. And all at a price that is a total steal ... a fraction of the cost of other analogous properties.

The many other glowing reviews here at TA do a great job of discussing the wonderful property and the Ubud area. I would like to focus on the extraordinary service.

The front desk. The restaurant. The bar. The housekeeping staff. Every person with whom we interacted. They weren't just competent at their job, they were amazingly friendly and ready to assist in any way possible.

Have you ever stayed at a hotel where an unbelievable number of the staff took the trouble to memorize your name? Or one where numerous staff members thanked you profusely for staying and it's clear they weren't just mouthing the words, but really meant it?

I've been fortunate enough to stay in some very nice hotels over the years. I can't think of a single one where the service was as nice. Not one.

If you ever have the chance to visit Bali, you owe it to yourself to stay at the Uma and experience hospitality without par.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
COMO-GSM, Manager at COMO Uma Ubud, responded to this review, April 30, 2013
Dear Greg_K_Review

Thank you!

Two words that don't quite seem enough, but anything more completely superfluous compared to your wonderful and very appreciated review.

Glad to learn that you all returned home easily, and also delighted to know that should you ever find yourself in Bali again, there's a good chance we'll get to host you once more.

Marc Lacoste
Guest Services Manager
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed April 20, 2013

Stayed at this wonderful hotel for three days and loved the whole experience. It's in a beautifully peaceful setting , we loved our outlook over the valley with the plungepool perched on the edge. It's been so well designed with a magificent pool centre stage & then each room leads past an attractive door, walls which look like they've been there for ages, lovely ponds & water features. If you're after a visual treat with a feeling of space ,this place feels at one with it's surroundings and with the amazing staff on hand so do you. Our son is studying Indo and the staff were fantastic, speaking Indo to him and taking a real interest in us all, small details like remembering your guests names makes such an impact when to so many places you're just another guest for a few days. Nothing was too much trouble. We took a trip out with one of the drivers to Gunung Kawi & the Purification temple and they were so good taking us to other villages on route that interested us, arranging sarongs, stops for lunch etc.
We would happily have stayed longer and will look forward to a return visit:)

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
COMO-GSM, Manager at COMO Uma Ubud, responded to this review, April 23, 2013
Dear sdjtravelstories

Your review highlights many aspects of Uma that seem to go unnoticed. Uma is a beautiful property that was designed with great care; our owners and architects choosing to conserve the natural landscape to make Uma an oasis in the now growing busy-ness of nearby Ubud.

Thank you for your review of Uma and for highlighting some special qualities of our resort to fellow travelers. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Marc Lacoste