COMO Uma Ubud, Bali
$254
$224
$194
1,506 results
All reviewsterrace roomour honeymoonpool villawater gardenkemiri restaurantmorning walkpool baryoga pavilioncomplimentary morningdaily yogakoi pondspa treatmentssunken bathoverlooking the valleyboutique hotelrice fieldsmain pool
Reviewed October 14, 2012

What a fantastic place. Loved every bit of it, The service was perfect and very friendly. I loved the fact that everyone knew your name where ever you went in the resort. The rooms were beautifully decorated and the bathroom was spacious, I especially liked the outdoor shower. The service and food in Kemiri the restaurant was outstanding. We had the opportunity to attend the full moon ceremony which my husband and I enjoyed very much as well as giving us a good insight into another religion. The pool and bar area was gorgeous, again service was great whilst swimming and laying around the pool someone would come to offer chilled glasses of water. The whole place is spotless and beautifully landscaped. Its about a 10 minute drive into Ubud and they do have a free shuttle bus as well.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
COMO-GSM, Manager at COMO Uma Ubud, Bali, responded to this reviewResponded October 28, 2012

Dear Alsione

Your two opening sentiments are wonderful to read and I'm happy that you enjoyed every aspect of your stay with us at Uma.

I particularly thank you for mentioning our Kemiri restaurant and for encouraging future guests to enjoy the unique cuisine we offer in our restaurant, not only at breakfast.

I wish you safe and enjoyable future travels.

Best

Reviewed October 8, 2012

Uma is the ‘little sister’ hotel to the nearby wellness resort Como Shambala – and what a cute little sister it is but happily a less serious sibling as well. It doesn’t use ‘wellness’ in the title and you don’t have to do yoga if you don’t want to. Having said that it has the benefits of having a top rated Como Shambala spa (with their products) which my wife Jane tells me was fabulous. If you are so inclined there is also a small gym.

The rooms are perfect, white tiled airy and spacious. If you can stretch to it I thoroughly recommend a pool villa. Villa 40 where we stayed is at the end of the property and very peaceful. The rooms looking down to Campuhan (at the confluence of the West Wos and East Wos Rivers) have magical views. The staff are charming and efficient and very quickly got to know and remember your name.

Now whereas big sister might seem a bit well behaved, little sister Uma does do a cocktail night where you can gather at its sexy little bar -and if you wish to - chat to other guests. Its all quite convivial. No feeling guilty if you wish to order a beer (or French fries) at the pool. If you feel like a walk or an outing, it’s a quick trip down the road to Mozaic and on to central Ubud. But there are some rather fine antique shops and galleries simply a few metres each side of the main gates (most, better than those in town).

But for us and unexpectedly, the real star of little Uma was her food. I may have sounded a bit “anti - wellness’ (I do quite like ‘badness’) but in fact the food served at “Kemeri” was both good and good for you - light, delicate, sophisticated Asian food full of flavour. Great bread at breakfast (happily not a buffet in sight) but by the time dinner came carbohydrates had dwindled to a small serving of rice and fat had gone. I do not recall feeling so well after eating - as here at Uma.
It wasn’t until I returned to Sydney that I realised we had eaten the Uma chef’s food before. In 2007 we had been en route home from Myanmar and stayed for a couple of nights at the Sukhothai in Bangkok. One evening we wandered down the road and decided to eat at the the newish and then hot Bangkok Hotel – ‘the Metropolitan’. The food was spectacular and the Chef (hands on) was one Amanda Gale a graduate of the great Australian chef Neil Perry of Rockpool in Sydney. Amanda now oversees the food for all the Como group based out of Como Shambala.

Big sisters often have good advice for their smaller siblings.

Room Tip: Room 40 is the most discrete of the pool villas.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear always_hopingSydney

Your review is an absolute delight to read. Thank you for writing such a comprehensive (and witty) review of your experience and stay with us at Uma by COMO, Ubud.

You seem to have thoroughly enjoyed your stay and everything that Uma and our team has to offer. Indeed, we're always happy to see our guests enjoying themselves at our Pool Bar and dining at our restaurant Kemiri. As well as relaxing beneath the highly trained skills of our massage therapists.

Your review paints a wonderful picture of the fun that can be shared, and the experiences that can be had at our Uma.

We hope to welcome you back. Really we do!

With warmest regards

Reviewed October 5, 2012

We spent seven days at a yoga retreat at this beautiful little gem of a hotel. The staff was terrific and attentive, they knew our names and favorite coffee orders after the first day! Rooms were perfectly elegant, amazing open air showers and beautiful amenities. Massages at the spa were first rate. We booked a special guided tour of the rice paddies and were very impressed with the quality and knowledge of our guide. So much beautiful attention to detail throughout this resort.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family

Dear Karleshyogi

It's often the simple things that mean the most. And at Uma, our elegant and stylish facilities and uncomplicated service are aimed at creating a setting that enables our guests to make their own personal discoveries. And so I thank you for enjoying what we do, as much as you did.

Thank you kindly for your review.

With best regards

Reviewed September 25, 2012 via mobile

What a wonderful hotel! What a wonderful honeymoon! When arriving in our villa we were treated to cocktails, a bottle of wine and chocolates to help us celebrate our wedding! Didn't think it could get any better until we saw the bath full of petals- very thoughtful and kind!
The room was spotless clean and our villa looked straight out into a 'forest' like setting!
The food at Uma was first class. The paddy field is a must but if you are intending to go on this walk, take so sensible shoes. Its rather wet!
We really enjoyed our visit and would love to visit again! Thank you for a fab experience!

• Stayed: August 2012

Dear HeatherAirey85

It really was our pleasure to host you on what was a unique occasion. Its wonderful to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and thank you for taking the time to write your review and encourage others to experience Uma for themselves.

Once again, Congratulations! And our extended COMO family look forward to welcoming you back for another COMO experience at any of our properties worldwide.

With warm regards

Reviewed September 20, 2012

I was rather disappointed that the pool villas were unavailable. Still, everything was top notch beginning from the airport pick up all the way till check out. The service is vigilant but unobtrusive, and we were always greeted by name and with a smile, which was a great personal touch. I was also gently reminded on the remaining massages I had (but wasn't able to use them all up, unfortunately), and managed to try the Indonesian and COMO Shambala massages. No more tight shoulders, and both times I fell asleep. Food at the restaurant was great, though I spent most of my days reading at the pool bar. The welcome drink, the Refresher, was helpfully recreated and then beefed up with Bacardi by the friendly bartenders upon our request. With everything I needed here, that's probably why I only left Uma twice in four days.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank thetraveloutside

Dear thetraveloutside

Uma's Pool Villas are indeed an experience themselves. However, I'm happy to read that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us and that our service culture, cusine and massage services offered you some much needed rest and respite.

Should you return to Bali, we'd be delighted to welcome you back to Uma.

With kind regards