“A Trip to Paradise”

The Mansion Resort Hotel & Spa
Ranked #62 of 198 Hotels in Ubud
Reviewed November 17, 2012

Everywhere you turn is an inviting, peaceful nook. Breakfast by the pool with an amazing vista charmed me for hours. Just touring the grounds was a photo journey. The staff is so kind and inviting. Definitely a place to go back to!

Room Tip: We stayed in Spring Wood bungalow, off the pools. We were there during a quiet time, so it was very...
1  Thank JenniferAmman_Jordan
There are newer reviews for The Mansion Resort Hotel & Spa

Reviewed November 16, 2012

My friend and I just returned from Bali. We spent two days at the mansion which was beautiful, so restful and tranquil. Pools of water everywhere, both decorative and to swim in. Day beds, a fantastic Spa. The room itself I just wanted to take home with me. It was a great place to wake up for our first day in Bali. The hotel staff could not have been more helpful, the transport into town was great. Breakfast was plentiful if somewhat limited in choices. A total bargain for the price we paid - absolutely no complaints.

Room Tip: You want to be in one of the outside rooms not in the mansion house.
Reviewed November 13, 2012

We stayed November 2012 for our honeymoon and were very impressed with this place. After reading other reviews we were a little reluctant to book but decided on balance to go with it. Our experience was a very good one and we didn't experience any of the insect problems described by others. The staff were lovely, as was the buffet breakfast with dedicated staff member to make fresh omelettes. The vast gardens and pool areas were wonderfully maintained and added to the overall ambience. The only thing that bothered us was the unnerving statues in the bathroom, so if you are bothered by that sort of thing then eep...

The in house SPA treatments are far more expensive than equivalent treatments in Ubud so we decided not to go for that.

It is a little far away (10 mins drive) from ubud and the free shuttle into town appears to only be every two hours, which is confusing as the ride back comes every half hour...

Reviewed November 8, 2012

Took advice of our friend who had stayed in The Mansion Ubud last year, and had shown us some nice picture of this resort. We decided to include Bali to our Thailand and Singapore trip.
It was a great decision, The Mansion Ubud had added memorable time to our trip,
love the romantic setting! The ground are so incredibly beautiful, and the staff are so helpful, kind, and excellent service, We felt very pampered!
We looking forward to coming back to bali, and staying at The Mansion again.

stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple.

Reviewed November 8, 2012

We booked our trip as a package, which always leaves me a little concerned about getting the 'leftover' rooms. We were pleasantly surprised! Our room was massive, and complete luxury. Usually when staying in Bali we have a private villa, so the only thing we really missed was our own private outdoor area. However, the gardens have lovely private areas you can set yourself up in. Unfortunately, the pool side service for drinks & food are non existent, & the hotel is too far out of Ubud to walk.

Room Tip: Ask for a villa. The rooms are nice, but if you are looking for privacy, the villas are much better.
1  Thank DockoAustralia
Reviewed November 7, 2012

Stayed 2 nights at the resort. Booked two deluxe rooms: Valleywood and Hillswood (very large room and bathroom).
Check-in: went smoothly and efficiently.
Staff: polite and try hard to please. Command of English was sometimes below average.
Design: The grand entrance with all its Balinese umbrellas leads you into a lobby which houses alot of artifacts and paintings. They are all very beautiful but the overal effect is overwhleming. It is too much of everything.
Food: Lunch, a reasonable choice. Seafood chowder excellent but they don't serve it with any bread which would be the appropriate thing to do.
Evening menu: Reasonable choice. Portions small.
Breakfast: buffet. Choices are simple. Bread: poor quality.
Rooms: big problem with mosquitos. No mosquiton nets and even after spraying the room I still had a problem with mosquitos. No tea or coffee facilities present upon arrival. After 1 phone call they were promptly brought. Design of rooms simple, mismatched furniture.
Bed: comfortable.
Bathroom: simple design, bad lighting. Shower is in the bath and the bath is quite high.
No sitting on the narrow balconies.
Surroundings/gardens: needs some more attention and maintenance.
In general this is an ok hotel. In my opinion 3 / 4 star.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

This place is just plain wonderful. It really steps out of the box and is different. I was starting to feel all the resorts were getting a bit the same and then I stayed here. The rolling gardens are stunning. The multitude of pools to choose from are lovely and the rooms are spacious. I stayed with my 10 month old daughter and the staff could not do enough to help me. One young girl working in the restaurant, called Nic saw that I was struggling to eat my breakfast while holding my baby, so she took her and looked after her while I had a few moments to myself. Another beautiful lady who made the omelettes helped me as well. The food in the restaurant was wonderful as well. Every staff member here did their best to help me with my daughter and helped me get around from the restaurant staff, to the grounds staff, to the drivers. The decor is sumptuous and the feel of the place is just relaxing. Anyone finding fault with The Mansion is hard to please I think. I loved staying here and will make sure I return with my husband. The staff are impeccable, the grounds are stunning and architecture and decor are glorious. Thank you for having us Mansion we are coming back : )

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family