“Very quiet, luxurious and great service”

The Mansion Resort Hotel & Spa
Ranked #59 of 196 Hotels in Ubud
Australia
“Very quiet, luxurious and great service”
Reviewed November 8, 2012

We booked our trip as a package, which always leaves me a little concerned about getting the 'leftover' rooms. We were pleasantly surprised! Our room was massive, and complete luxury. Usually when staying in Bali we have a private villa, so the only thing we really missed was our own private outdoor area. However, the gardens have lovely private areas you can set yourself up in. Unfortunately, the pool side service for drinks & food are non existent, & the hotel is too far out of Ubud to walk.

Room Tip: Ask for a villa. The rooms are nice, but if you are looking for privacy, the villas are much better.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank DockoAustralia

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (193)
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed November 7, 2012

Stayed 2 nights at the resort. Booked two deluxe rooms: Valleywood and Hillswood (very large room and bathroom).
Check-in: went smoothly and efficiently.
Staff: polite and try hard to please. Command of English was sometimes below average.
Design: The grand entrance with all its Balinese umbrellas leads you into a lobby which houses alot of artifacts and paintings. They are all very beautiful but the overal effect is overwhleming. It is too much of everything.
Food: Lunch, a reasonable choice. Seafood chowder excellent but they don't serve it with any bread which would be the appropriate thing to do.
Evening menu: Reasonable choice. Portions small.
Breakfast: buffet. Choices are simple. Bread: poor quality.
Rooms: big problem with mosquitos. No mosquiton nets and even after spraying the room I still had a problem with mosquitos. No tea or coffee facilities present upon arrival. After 1 phone call they were promptly brought. Design of rooms simple, mismatched furniture.
Bed: comfortable.
Bathroom: simple design, bad lighting. Shower is in the bath and the bath is quite high.
No sitting on the narrow balconies.
Surroundings/gardens: needs some more attention and maintenance.
In general this is an ok hotel. In my opinion 3 / 4 star.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Perth, Australia
Reviewed November 5, 2012

This place is just plain wonderful. It really steps out of the box and is different. I was starting to feel all the resorts were getting a bit the same and then I stayed here. The rolling gardens are stunning. The multitude of pools to choose from are lovely and the rooms are spacious. I stayed with my 10 month old daughter and the staff could not do enough to help me. One young girl working in the restaurant, called Nic saw that I was struggling to eat my breakfast while holding my baby, so she took her and looked after her while I had a few moments to myself. Another beautiful lady who made the omelettes helped me as well. The food in the restaurant was wonderful as well. Every staff member here did their best to help me with my daughter and helped me get around from the restaurant staff, to the grounds staff, to the drivers. The decor is sumptuous and the feel of the place is just relaxing. Anyone finding fault with The Mansion is hard to please I think. I loved staying here and will make sure I return with my husband. The staff are impeccable, the grounds are stunning and architecture and decor are glorious. Thank you for having us Mansion we are coming back : )

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed November 5, 2012

This location used to be a mansion and was converted to a hotel. The most serene place I've ever visited in my life. Excellent food, great art everywhere in the hotel, very helpful staff, beautiful spa and pool area, convenient location. The only down side is that the mattresses in the rooms were too hard. The rooms are fantastic though!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed November 5, 2012

This place is not 5stars. My wife and I stayed here for 6 nights and wanted to leave after the first 2hours of being there . If they didnt already have are money we would have. the pool areas were so dirty, that is the 1 that actually was operational . everything was run down and moldy . fixtures were green that should have been white. the buffet breakfast was terrible the food every morning was cold and over looked one of the pools that didnt work. it seemed like there was always construction going on but nothing was getting fixed. dont be disappointed dont stay here .lucky for us we were in bali for a month and this 6 nights didnt competely ruin are holiday .

Room Tip: stay at the fourseasons 5 mins from here
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank tmillich
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed November 4, 2012

We really enjoy our stay at The Mansion. from the arrival prior to our departure, the service was indeed exceptional. We have stayed in several hotels and villas around Bali, and we consider this one top on our destination list, if you are looking for a quiet retreat away from the hustle and bustle of city, this is the place to go!, The staff is very accommodating and helpful, and often surprised us by anticipating the needs without having to ask, although this is not our expectation, it was definitely a welcome surprise.

The restaurant offers excellent food, the swimming pools are huge and clean, and temperature of the water was pleasant. The massage was good, and the body-scrub was better than most I have received in Bali. If Ubud is to your destination, and you are ensure where to stay,
I recommend this hotel for your convenient stay !

liked - Excellent customer service, very attentive staff, garden setting around pool is very soothing and relaxing. convenient shuttle service into Ubud.

Stayed late of October 2012, traveled with friend.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
SF Bay Area
Reviewed October 30, 2012

After diving for a week at Candidasa, 6 of us divers went o Ubud and stayed here. We reserved three rooms, and to our surprise, my friend and I were given a suite with two bedrooms with a living room, and right outside our suite is a swimming pool. The room came with breakfast - we enjoyed the fresh riped papayas, mangoes, pineapple, and the omellete station as well as pan cakes cooked fresh. The restaurant had an infinity pool; 99% of the staff were very friendly (haha, one had an attitude - which was I think an anomaly for Balinese people who's usually very friendly and hospitable.) Perhaps she was tired of cooking omelette. Other than that, I enjoyed our stay here. We had a couple of massages and facials. There are 4 swimming pools in the resort, but we used our pool primarily. We stayed in the suite called Karna with a spacious bathroom and two bedrooms. Surprisingly right beside this villa is a temple. All around the resort are lounging beds great for meditation and reading and relaxation. Here's a video of the pool: https://vimeo.com/52272547

Room Tip: If sharing a room, pick Karna. If you have a child, the second bedroom would be great for the child...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends