The Mansion Resort Hotel & Spa
$254
$224
$194
1,351 results
All reviewssunrise poolmain buildingfree shuttledeluxe roomwater featuresshuttle serviceubud townevery hourmonkey forestrice fieldspoolsindochinebaliwoodmassagestatuesdriverlounging
Reviewed July 2, 2012

I got a last minute deal of 65AUD per night including breakfast and was given a free upgrade from deluxe room to a small private villa. For the price paid this was an excellent stay! The hotel is very unique with lots of art and it's grand furnishings, with very pretty relaxing gardens and pool spaces, however it is quite run down when you look closely. Dirty, old and worn out towels. Bed linen is def not 5 star, and slightly grey. Pool area seating is also a little dirty and some chairs in the restaurant are also rather worn. The shuttle service into Ubud centre is brilliant, free and very accommodating. Hotel spa is vey pricey, can get much cheaper in Ubud. Our outdoor bathing area was very pretty although just needed some maintenance, cracks in the wall and a bit of mould around walls. Breakfast was ok, but not brilliant. The hotel has many places of relaxing and nature and art and grandeur to explore. For the price I paid this was truly an excellent stay. Not sure I would come back, for a more expensive price.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank S B
Reviewed June 25, 2012

Having read some of these reviews, you can almost pick the personality from them! I stayed by myself at the Mansions to get some relaxation after a friend's wedding in Legian, and loved it. Walking into the main lobby with huge curved grand staircases, art exhibits everywhere and slightly faded opulence made me think I had picked the right place. The gardens were beautiful and not over manicured. I had a suite room for a bargain of $250 a night, with a living area and daybed, leading to a huge bedroom with four poster bed, and into the very large marble bathroom. Everything was yes, perhaps not brand new, but clearly good faded quality and I loved the colour schemes and timber blinds. I ate breakfast every morning and dinner by myself twice, and found the service to be a little over the top but still very friendly, which is what you want when dining alone. The food was adequate, leaning to very good at times, but the menu can do with some improvement. However the room service was good and the staff overall very friendly and willing to help in any way. The massage and wrap was very expensive for the quality of it - the masseuse seemed very disinterested and not well trained - however, there are plenty of spas you can visit for most of the day for the same price that are much better, including Bali Botanica in Ubud.
Overall I would recommend the stay; I love the faded grandeur and the comfort of the rooms, the quirky gardens and pool, and food and service. If you want perfection and modern 5 star - go elsehwere, if you want to be interested in your surroundings of lush greenery and a mix of modern and local art - the Mansions is the place for you. I will definitely be going back one day.

Stayed: November 2011, traveled solo
5  Thank Helenoma
Reviewed June 20, 2012

Let me start by saying that this is not your typical, sterile, 5 Star Chain Resort. Stay in Nusa Dua if that's your desire. We arrived here after 5 days in Nusa Dua and I found the entire experience amazing, although in a kitschy sort of way. It was actually very refreshing to get away from the Western version of a resort and experience what I would consider a more Bali-like atmosphere.

We stayed with our 1 year old and the service and scenery were fantastic. My only concern was the shuttle to the town center, this was not reliable. We ended up renting a vehicle, but that was nice since it opened up endless sight seeing opportunities. However, driving in this country is not something to take lightly, it's about as crazy as it gets.

All in all, I would highly recommend the Mansion.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Estaban46
Reviewed June 19, 2012

We stayed at The Mansion for 2 nights. We got an online deal from Australia $249 for 2 nights inclusive of breakfasts, 1 night dinner and 15 minutes massage. The Mansion is GRAND- no other word to describe it but we felt that this was just the facade and underneath the razzle dazzle, the place had been let go. Most guests we spoke with were from Australia and on a "special online deal"- most playing between $100-$130 night.

We stayed in the Govenors suite which was massive, had a huge bath, marble floor, big bed. However the mirors hadn't been cleaned for a long time, drapery was dirty, towles old and threads dangling. We ordered beer to the room and it was delivered 30 minutes later and was warm, we then sent it back to get cold beer and was told that it was going to be another 15 minutes.

General service was poor- there were beer bottles and plates left around the pool area from other guests- when we asked staff for a towel (via the telephone as there were no staff around), they bought us a towel but then walked passed the bottles and plates !

Breakfast was okay- lots of options but average quality and the hot food was only just warm. We used our free 15 minute massage but did not extend the time as the prices for the spa were expensive in bali terms i.e. 450 000 rp- we got great massages in Ubud for 50 000.

The gardens are amazing and there are a few great little places to sit and relax. The front gardens are immaculately kept, but the gardens around the pool were let go and had weeds etc. The staff had a very low level of english which made it challenging to communicate. Asking for a map of the local area, we were provided with a bad photocopy of a map that was hard to understand and staff could not communicate particulars on the map (other than the staff that were trying to sell tours).

The free shuttle into Ubud was great and they were fairly good on the pick up and drop off times. However if you missed the shuttle you could get a taxi for 50 000 rp which was cheap enough.

We loved Ubud- great place. We would not come back to stay at The Mansion- but it was an experience.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank zululu
Reviewed June 9, 2012

My wife and myself just returned from one week stay at The Mansion where we had the most unforgettable time.

We previously stayed in Seminyak, and when we were checked in into our pool villa, through a very smooth and efficient registration, we felt like we were on heaven.
Coming from the busy city with heavy traffic, a walk through the huge and peaceful gardens and we finally reached this great relaxing ambiance we all expect for our holidays.

The rooms are very well appointed, we had a beautiful wooden bungalow within a private courtyard, with semi outdoor bathroom. This was our honeymoon trip, and each evening we had our villa decorated in a new way. On the first night our outdoor bathtub was filled with flowers and surrounded with candles. Next day, it was the pool that they arranged with plenty of floating candles, it was a never ending surprise, a great present we will always remember.

All our best thoughts to The Mansion staff, you have all been great! We will come back soon!

Room Tip: With some wooden villas, you will get a very cosy privatie, with a stylish private swimingpool in an divine tropical garden. We could enjoy a honeymoon of dream. a tip, the "junglewood villa".
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple