When we booked we were a little concerned that The Mansion might have been trying to hard to be grand. But for us it's just right. From the personalised pickup at Denpasar airport via the impressive entrance and lofty foyer, the ever friendly and helpful staff conducting us through the extensive delightful gardens to our more "traditonal" Bali style room (excellent air conditioning and flat screen TV) with its gorgeous outdoor bathroom we were charmed. This is a good place to relax and unwind on entry to Bali. Nights were balmy and filled with the music of frogs and geckos. Included breakfasts were very satiisfying and the candle lit romantic dinner we enjoyed, (sitting the gazebo overlooking the "sunrise" pool) was from the "Spa" menu thoughfully composed with our health in mind. The Spa facility is not a cheap as those outside but was excellent and added to the relaxed charm of our stay. The shuttle into downtown Ubud (dropoff and pickup at the frenetic market centre of the city) was reliable and regular although perhaps could run earlier and later, to match Ubud's many activities. Definitely have return in mind.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Mansion Hotel & Spa is one of Bali's rare gems. Set in a tropical lush green park estate, it offers outstanding hospitality and the extensive facilities of a luxury resort. The Mansion is a registered five stars luxury hotel. The Mansion is situated in the artist community of Penestanan on the Sayan Ridge just a few minutes drive from the centre of Ubud, the island's cultural centre. The Mansion Resort has been nominated by the prestigious Conde Nast Traveler as the World's 100 Best New Hotel, 2004 Hot List, is selected by Luxury Group since 2006, and is choosen by National Geographic Traveler Indonesia as one of 20 favourite hotels, may 2010. Hotels were chosen throughout Indonesia based on the following criteria: service; unique hotel personality; environment and social awareness; online booking facilities; architecture and views; safety and security; value for money. Heaven & Earth Spa at The Mansion Resort has been awarded by the prestigious "World Luxury Spa Awards" as "Best Luxury Hotel Spa - Country Winner 2011" and "Best Luxury Medical Spa - Country Winner 2012" , and was recently selected by Conde Nast Johansens 2013 in its epicurean collection of Luxury Spa. Experience the ultimate in massage and healing rituals at Heaven & Earth, The Mansion's celebrated spa facility. Treatments are drawn from the most traditional therapies to the most comprehensive selection of modern medical spa therapies to rekindle your Body, Health, Beauty, Mind & Senses. Guests at The Mansion can enjoy a unique culinary experience reminiscent of classic dining ambiance. In an ornate setting, perfect for celebrating a special occasion or important announcement, dining at The Mansion offers the ultimate in ambience, service and attention to detail. At Indochine, savour the unique combination of Asian & Continental nouvelle cuisine, an ideal location for a select dinner or gathering. Cafe La Terrace offers a casual menu in an airy conservatory, decorated with an impressive array of art selected from The Mansion's private collection.Sia Pacific region. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your The Mansion Resort Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Mansion Resort Hotel And Spa
- The Mansion Hotel Ubud
- Mansion Hotel Ubud
- The Mansion Resort Hotel & Spa Ubud, Bali