Kayumanis Ubud Private Villa & Spa
$280
$254
$224
$194
All reviewsdining cornerprivate villaour honeymoonthe riveroutdoor bathroommain poolcinnamon toastcomplimentary high teabutler serviceafternoon tealiving roomwelcome homesmall kitchencomplimentary massagelarge poolinfinity poolopen air
Reviewed June 1, 2013

We have booked a special honeymoon package staying 4 nights at Kayumanis Ubud.

Our private villa was amazing, namely the external bathroom, the patio and the swimming pool!

In top of the massages, the romantic and star light dinner, we have celebrated my wife’s birthday.
Our villa was unlighted by hundred candles, the swimming pool covered by pink flowers and the staff bring her a home made cake, singing happy birthday, a unique memory.

The staff was very friendly, professional and detail oriented. A very good team, from the butler to the front office passing by the chief and the drivers.

We highly recommend the yoga class at 7h30, provided in a breathtaking spot, surrounding the river, such a great experience.

Thank you Kayumanis, we look forward to visiting you again!

Room Tip: Ask for the new villas
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 27, 2013

Warm, welcoming, staff. Beautiful surroundings, an ideal getaway for peace and tranquility. We stayed in a Deluxe villa with our own private pool, which was magnificent for relaxation and privacy. If you wanted breakfast in your own space , no problem, dial 5 and pronto within minutes it arrived. Alternatively, to eat at the main restaurant was a joy too overlooking the tree tops. Food was excellent as were the friendly staff who couldn't do enough for you. The bedroom was spacious and we had a large comfortable 4 poster bed with netting to protect against mosquitoes. Not that we saw any!!! The bathroom was outside adjoining the bedroom area. All amenities were excellent including a large bath with subtle lighting to wind down at the end of the day. If you want that feeling of homeliness, this place is unbeatable. Access to and from Ubud by their chauffeur service is free and available on request. Would not hesitate to visit again having looked at other hotels which failed to have that same personal touch. A memorable 5 days and we'll definitely be back again.

Room Tip: Choose a Deluxe villa for space and beautiful surroundings
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Tanya B
Reviewed May 27, 2013

I recently stayed ay Kayumanis for 6 days. I'm really glad I extended my stay at this fantastic property because you need time to savour the experience. I booked a deluxe villa (constructed more recently than the private villas), and because of my lengthy stay they put me in one of their larger properties - Villa Bile. From the moment you arrive you are made to feel so welcome. While initially there was some miscommunication about my arrival time, the villa allocation manager Yuli showed me around the property while she intructed her staff to ensure my villa was ready. She comunicates very effectively and playfully with her staff that creates a familial atmosphere, really liked it. She also noted when we got to the villa that I loved passionfruit and there wasa fresh fruit basket eevry day with a few passionfruit amongst the other local delicacies. Their butler service is great and Yuli, Dewi, Sukarja and Putu were always ready to answer any question and assist in every way possible. For example I was in Ubud to attend a wedding and Sukarja took me to three shoe shops early in the morning and even helped me try on shoes !! The staff truly go above and beyond to make your stay wonderful, everyone knows your name and they will always enquire about any recent activity they are aware of you undertaking eg. attending friend's wedding, trekking, shopping, spa, movies. They offer some free activities and I did take the rice field trekking, it was lovely and after noticing my discomfort with dogs Sukarja took a different route back to the villas so that I didn't encounter anymore dogs. It was a lovely morning !!!! They provide a free shuttle to anywhere in Ubud and most stores, restuarnts will let you call them to come and pick you up, very handy service and you feel very safe if you are travelling by yourself.

Kayumanis not only provides a free fresh fruit basket, they also provide high tea every afternoon which you can enjoy by your private pool or in their restaurant. Apart from the last day I enjoyed the lovely sandwiches, burgers, local crepes, biscuits, cakes, chocolate pralines and dessert by my pool which wasn't just a plunge pool but one that you could really swim in. The outdoor lounge was gorgeous, and it had my requested DVD player and they also provided me with a variety of movies to enjoy. One of the lovely experiences was reading in the outdoor lounge while rain poured outside, very surreal and enjoyable. The bed and pillows were again very confortable, with little treats left each afternoon when they turned down the bed. The bathroom is outside, and while initially I was a bit unformtable Yuli assured me that it was completely private. I loved the outdoor shower.It doesn't have a modern showerhead and i realised why people are so relxed after being under a waterfall. About 15 minutes with the water thundering on your head and back, you are floating in heaven, absolute bliss in the middle of the day when you are ready for a siesta. Their tub has your modern hand held shower if you do not want to use the outdoor shower modelled after more traditional balinese showers. All amenities are provided for and when I mentioned I may want to cook Yuli said ust to ask and they will provide any additional items I may need. But they small kitchen outside is pretty well equipped. Now for the best part of the trip - the SPA !! I went almost everyday. I must say I tried all the others in Ubud town i.e. the old ladies, sangs spa, verona spa, etc etc, I even went to prana spa in eminyak, but none equalled the treatment experience and the actual treatment that Kayumanis spa did. The rooms are gorgeous and private villas - lovely to hear crickets chirping and the river gushing while you have your treatment. Their therapists are the best I've ever been to - I had the lulur scrub, the hot stone massage, the kayumanis signature massage and another treatment coupled with their free 30 minute massage. Next time I won't waste time on the other places and just go to this spa. Also loved the 30% discount you receive because you are a guest at the property. On the day I was checking out I took a stroll around the property and the inifinity pool area is lovely. They also have their own spice garden and the views to the river are amzing. After I checked out, and was waiting in their library for my driver, Yuli offered to show me some of their other rooms (which I had been dying to see!!). Their honeymoon suite is really regal, with full glass views over the valley absolutely lovely. Their two and three bedroom villas are stunning !! And when they say three bedroom it is actually three separate villas in the one compound with the kitchen and lounge under one of the villas. Great space for a family to stay and all facilities to make this into your home away from home. Also while I ate out in the day and the high tea really made you too full to have dinner, I dined once in their restaurant for lunch and it was very good.

Looking forward to coming back with my family one day !!! Kayumanis you stole my heart xoxo

Room Tip: Ask for Villa Bile, such a huge space !!!
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank esen2012
Reviewed May 24, 2013 via mobile

I was initially wavering between four and five stars. Kayumanis is a few years old and if you want to find fault then you can always spot the odd bit of rotten decking or protruding nail. But, seriously, what a fantastic retreat and what incredible and discrete attention to detail.

We had a one-bedroom villa. Huge open plan swimming pool, lounge, kitchen and dining area where they set up and serve all your meals if that's what you want. Breakfasts and afternoon tea are included and will keep you going until dinner if you want. The open air shower is great (although the hot water comes through boiling hot if you're not careful).

Got to say, if you're after your own space for a few days with no risk of seeing anyone else then this is the place to come.

Built down a side road in the jungle, the villas are walled off and completely private. The main swimming pool is a bit of a hike away down cobbled pathways and across the wooden bridge over a ravine. But you don't need to go there. It takes ten minutes in the free shuttle to get into Ubud.

It's true: you wouldn't come here with a family looking for activities or if you require nightlife on your doorstep. You may not find the dawn chorus of cockrells and dogs from the village to be that charming. But if you want a genuine, classy retreat then this is an incredible place.

• Stayed: May 2013
Reviewed May 23, 2013

This Villa is so awesome.. I really enjoy my honeymoon here. The staffs were so welcoming, their always said our name when we met. We stayed in Honeymoon suites, we got private pool (Big Pool), private jacuzzi, My husband really love our bathroom.. We could take a bath inside and outside..
Anyway, their SPA is also the best spa.. We went to Spa in the afternoon, The view from the SPa room was really beautiful and their massage really nice (made us SLEEP)..
Kayumanis is the best place for Honeymoon.. :)

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple