“First class service and wonderful place.”

Kayumanis Ubud Private Villa & Spa
Ranked #19 of 197 Hotels in Ubud
Reviewed October 8, 2012

I've been trying to come up with right words to describe how exceptional resort this, but the heavenly experience it is hard to capture in words.

I've never in my life experienced such a genuine, respectful, but friendly and superb service as in here. It all starts from the really service orientated staff (and with the staff I mean everyone) who seems to love what they do and be proud of the hotel they work for. This first class service can be seen in charming details like delicious home made cookies in your villa with a recipe so you can make them at home. It is remembering guests by name. It can be even see in really well planned excursions to local areas which don't left you feeling like a tourist. And if you are in honeymoon (like we were), you will be delighted with some extra pampering and more than once - simply wow!

The resort is really well maintained with love and pride from gardens to villas and the location is breathtakingly beautiful. The villas are private, really spacious and luxurious in a charming rural boutique hotel way and their pools bigger than I've ever seen anywhere. The food is delicious and the complimentary high tea was something extraordinary. I also really recommend having a candle light dinner in the privacy of your own villa, it won't let you down.

Kayumanis Ubud became definitely one of my favorite hotels in the world, if not the number one. It can be highly recommended even to demanding travels looking for something special.

Room Tip: Stayed in deluxe villa
1  Thank Terhi T

Reviewed September 24, 2012

I am going to keep my review short as there are just too many good things I could go on writing about Kayumanis Ubud. This is definitely my favourite hotel in Bali, if not in the world. The property has everything one can find in many top hotels on the island, such as large private swimming pools, beautiful villas, great restaurant, free private transfer service to/from central Ubud and so on. But my biggest compliments go to the staff. I have been very fortunate to be able to visit Bali many times since 2005 and have stayed at a number of great hotels there. Yet I still haven't met warmer and more professional group of people than the one at Kayumanis Ubud. In fact it has always been so hard for me to say goodbye to them every time I had to leave. I just got back from my 7th stay at Kayumanis Ubud and have already booked my next visit for later this year.

Room Tip: Deluxe Villas are newer and larger than Private Villas. Bile (spacious and quiet), Blalu (nice and c...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Flying_babi
Reviewed September 23, 2012

This resort is heaven on earth. The villas were very spacious and exceptionally comfortable. The gardens were lush and beautifully maintained and showering in their midst was a delight. The staff were superb, nothing was too much trouble and was always done with a smile. Breakfast was delicious, particularly the cinnamon sugar dusted crispy kayumanis toast! We ate in the restaurant once in the evening and had room service once. On both occasions the food was delicious, particularly the smoked Duck and the grilled prawn entree, neither should be missed. We were concerned that being outside Ubud would be an issue but the quality of the complimentary car service and the peace and quiet combine with the gentle rush of the river made it the perfect choice. The spa is beautiful and so lovely not to have music but listen to the sounds of nature.
Cannot recommend highly enough

1  Thank Fourstones
Reviewed September 17, 2012

Since past reviews have been very detailed, I will just add a few pointers.
This is my second trip to Ubud, the first one was at Maya Ubud. I have also visited a few other Ubud resorts for meals and can make comparisons based on the visits.
Kayumanis is as good a resort as one can get for that price range, in terms of quality of accomodation and service. What stood out for me was the generous size of the private villa grounds (though the bedroom was standard size) and pool. The resort is also located in very natural setting, in the midst of forested area, with sounds of the rapids below. The only aerial view is at the restaurant perched on high ground. I was somewhat disappointed that our villa was entirely walled in and had no external view. I understand that only the duplex villas have hillside views.
In summary, compared to larger resorts, Kayumanis doesn't have open space and views, but rather one feels like you are in a local village, with narrow pathways. The facilities are also limited. eg in Maya, one has choice of two different pool settings. However, this is made up by much larger villas and private pools. A bonus is the free use of a driver and car to get around Ubud area.
On the whole, my wife and I enjoyed our stay and would recommend it to those who have the preferences for small intimate resorts and large villa ground.

2  Thank angg88
Reviewed August 29, 2012 via mobile

This was our second time to Ubud but first time to Kayumanis. Again, we were on honeymoon & this villa serves total privacy in which we had our own private pool & private terrace to chill at. It was accommodated with cozy & perfect size of king bed. Comes with bath tub & outdoor shower. The small little pond & gardens surrounded the private villa really an added value to the villa.

We had our own butler to serve us at anytime possible. The breakfast can be served till 6 pm daily. We opt to utilise the villa by having daily breakfast by our pool & garden, had our balinese candle lite dinner the same way except that we were dressed in balinese costume, while our villa was nicely decorated with balinese influence decoration as well as we had the ambience added by the smoothness of balinese instruments played by the local villagers that was hired by the resort. Surrounded by candle lights at every steps possible, what else could you ask for rather than appreaciate the whole romantic moment.

Once a while we had our meal at the hanging restaurant by the pool the resort, had our drinks & some cigars, experiencing the breathtaking view, listening to the sound of the river, or swim at the pool by the river.....this is just amazing...we just love to be lost in this remote paradise & get spoiled & pampered as much as possible.

You should be staying here then you know what am talking about. This private villa is just what u need to be at if you are looking for a romantic getaway with your love one.

And to my Darling, I Love You. You are the Best. Kiss.

• Stayed: August 2012
Reviewed August 20, 2012

We stayed at Kayumanis Ubud for four nights and where extremely impressed of the villa including the private pool. Everything was well decorated with the attention to detail.
The Villa with its outside bathroom is stunning. We loved the pool and the outside living room.
The staff was very friendly and helpful during our stay. We used quite a lot of times the private driver to Ubud, which was very comfortable.
We would definitely come back, when traveling to Bali again!

Room Tip: we stayed in the Villa Bile. We loved it!
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Jana J
Reviewed August 19, 2012

My husband and I stayed at Kayumanis for 7 nights of our honeymoon in Bali. Our villa was incredibly nice, but you should be aware that you are living primarily outdoors. The living area, eating area, and bathroom are all outside, although adequately covered and protected from weather. Our villa was incredibly spacious and beautifully decorated -- a similar room in the U.S. or Caribbean would easily cost at least $1,000 USD. That said, the towels often appeared dirty (several had stains) and never smelled clean. Perhaps bleach does not exist in Bali? Also, you must ask to have your sheets changed (although the staff does not tell you that). It would be helpful if they provided a "privacy please" hanger, as often we would go to breakfast and return to find our villa filled with staff cleaning the room, when we needed to get ready for the day's activities. Also, we found many ants around our villa -- it was rather cumbersome that we could not fully relax by the private pool because of the number of ants crawling around.

The staff is wonderful. They are prompt when you ask for things and the butler service went above and beyond to locate Gatorade for me when they had none onsite and to confirm our flights leaving Bali (calling the airline for us). I became ill from the different food in Indonesia and they had a doctor at my doorstep within 30 minutes of requesting one.

The food of course is somewhat overpriced for the area, but there are affordable options on the menu, and it is fairly decent "hotel food." The free breakfast is plentiful with many options.

We were fortunate that we shared the property with only a few other couples, so using the transportation was easy (no need to compete with other guests to use the car).

The language barrier at times posed challenges, but that is easily forgiveable in light of the staff's desire to understand your needs and please you.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple