“Working my way through the menu”

The Elephant Restaurant & Bar
Ranked #84 of 934 Restaurants in Ubud
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Open all day every day for breakfast, lunch and dinner, the elephant serves earth friendly food and drinks that are delicious and healthy and created with an eye towards sustainability. As an accredited member of the slow food movement we use organic, local and ethical produce to create vegetarian and vegan food of the highest quality. As well as the food, come and enjoy the tranquil environment of our open air restaurant overlooking picturesque campuhan ridge and the ricefields and rivers below. We make great cocktails and antipasti to enjoy at the end of a long day sightseeing or healthy breakfasts and lunches to fuel you up. At night our candle lit colonial decor and dj-curated playlists give the bar and restaurant a romantic vibe. Western standards or cooking, service, hygiene and style, but in a relaxed and friendly environment with charming Balinese staff
Reviewed October 11, 2017 via mobile

Staying close by. The food is amazing. Can hardly decide what to order. Such choice. I love everything. So rare. And healthy. Clean. Delicious

Wonderful gracious staff. The owner Jonathan is in hand. Steers well. Holds and supports. Why it is so wonderful?

Hip and cool. Wonderful views across to sacred tjampuhan ridge

Write a ReviewReviews (1,036)

Reviewed October 10, 2017 via mobile

We dined here on several occasions and although we are not generally vegetarian, we absolutely loved everything we tried. The staff are lovely. Service prompt. Great views. Relaxed atmosphere. The Vietnamese spring rolls and Antipasto plates were favourites.

Reviewed October 10, 2017 via mobile

Absolutely amazing, so nice! I am an avid meat eater and after a long day out walking I was a bit apprehensive about eating at a vegetarian/vegan restaurant. I could not have been more surprised. It was one of the tastiest meals I've ever had! I had the Japanesy salad with sides of poltena chips, garlic bread and smashed potatoes. Everything was fantastic, so many different flavours and textures. Such a brilliant setting, a lovely chilled atmosphere and friendly, attentive staff. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend the Elephant to anyone. It's an absolute must.

Reviewed October 2, 2017 via mobile

We were staying nearby for a few weeks and enjoyed numerous meals and beautiful views. Our two favorites were the vegan gluten free Vietnamese pancakes and the Rabbit Salad with couscous.
The place is open with sparkling clean white tile floors, open air, beautiful bar, about 15 tables and an area out front with lounge patio type furniture and another sofa inside looking directly out to the amazing nature view.
On really hot muggy days we ordered coconut frappes, unsweetened. Oh so yummy.
Service wasn't the best of Bali but the food, ambience and view make up for lots of things. A bit on the pricey side.
We probably had at least 8-10 meals. All delicious, consistent and served beautifully.
We highly recommend this place.

Reviewed October 2, 2017 via mobile

We stayed in the villas next door and were so happy to be right by the Elephant. Nestled by the forest, the views are gorgeous and the open air of the restaurant makes it for a perfect dinner setting. I still dream about the coconut noodle soup! One of my favorite spots in Ubud.