$233
$212
Savings alert! 33% below average rates

The price you found is 33% lower than this hotel's average rate of $318/night.

$520
$249
$204
$110
Trip.com
$184
$149
Savings alert! 19% below average rates

The price you found is 19% lower than this hotel's average rate of $183/night.

$355
Cancelon
$715
$666
Hotels.com
All reviewslaka lekecendrawasih suiteafternoon tearice paddiesmonkey forestcafe wayanoutdoor showereach morningfree shuttlecentral ubudshuttle service istraditional balinese stylesix nightsyogurton demandprivate terracebali trip
Reviewed August 1, 2017

Alam Jiwa is a small boutique hotel with no more than about ten rooms (maybe less). Accommodation is very tastefully decorated in traditional Balinese style and rooms hark back to a bygone era (in antique/old style way rather than out of date!). This is the reason we chose to stay here and we weren't disappointed. The service was very good, the rooms were very clean and the grounds are well maintained. Breakfast and complimentary shuttle to Ubud were also good. I would have to say it's not cutting edge luxury, but aspects such as low lighting and pulsating water pressure in the Cendrawasih suite added to the quirkiness and character of the place. The price, in my opinion reflects this and is appropriate for what you get.
The setting is wonderful, on the edge of the Nyuh Kuning village, looking out over the rice fields - very tranquil and peaceful - ideal if you want peace and quiet with a good view. We really like Nyuh Kuning as a base to visit Ubud as it has a local feel with many village activities (we have been twice and our boys were invited to play football with the locals on their field both times) and there is a selection of reasonably priced warungs and restaurants nearby. It is well located to walk through the Monkey Forest to central Ubud, about 10 - 15 minutes walk away.
The main reason I have given Alam Jiwa 4 stars, is not realy because of the accommodation per say, but because of an unfortunate natural occurance which did impact upon our stay here - and might well be fixed by now? Due to much rain in the lead up and during our stay here in July, there was a landslide which took part of the balcony of the Cendrawasih suite down a ravine (about 10 metres deep) next to the accommodation, which left the whole house periously close to the edge. Whilst workmen were building a retaining wall while we were there (and were very courteous and quiet), there was of course some implied noise. And I have to say I didn't sleep entirely well as I was worried about following the balcony down the ravine! The staff did offer alternative room on the last night, but I didnt think it was as nice as ours, so we stuck it out. Totally not the hotel's fault, just unfortunate for us. I would think it would be nearly fixed by now?

Room Tip: Cendrawasih suite was very spacious. Upper levels of other rooms good for views of rice fields and surrounding countryside
  • Stayed: July 2017, traveled as a couple
4  Thank TravellingBertie
Reviewed July 23, 2017

As usual Alam Jiwa was great.Nice little restaurants popping up close by. Traffic problems in Ubud in the middle of the day. The weather was not so kind with a fair amount of rain. The only disappointment was the house being renovated next door. Construction from 8am-5pm. This did interrupt the peace of our stay.

• Stayed: July 2017, traveled with family
1  Thank Stringe
Reviewed July 23, 2017

I have rarely felt as captivated by a hotel as the Alam Jiwa. The setting allowed for privacy and comfort with a most attentive, friendly staff. This hotel captures the old hospitality of Bali with flowers everywhere and a staff who seems to anticipate your every need. Every request was immediately responded to in a gracious manner.
The architecture of the hotel and grounds are unique and lovely. I still recall the fragrance of burning incense and blossoms. A dip in the pool was a perfect way to end the afternoon activities and tea poolside was perfect. The location was also perfect with many nearby restaurants, shops and a spa and yet a way from the congested tourist areas. A shuttle was available to take you to the main areas of Ubud and return you to the hotel afterwards. Breakfast was delightful after coffee on our porch.

• Stayed: June 2017, traveled with family
1  Thank lindakayjetset
Reviewed June 24, 2017 via mobile

This place is fantastic, the staff are amazing. So helpful, friendly. The free shuttle service was very handy, and the free afternoon tea on your own balcony every day was so good. We had a family birthday, and staff were very accommodating, arranging decorations, food, seating etc for a small family gathering.

Stayed: June 2017, traveled with family
2  Thank Anna M
Reviewed June 14, 2017

I have traveled all my life and have NEVER been to a place such as Alam Jiwa. There is no way, I can compliment this place and the wonderful staff enough.. Everything is wonderful.. from the people,. the view, the housing, the gardens, the pool, the food.. did I say staff because they are incredible.. The view of the gardens and the rice patties are incredible.. If you want peace, tranquility, serenity.. THIS IS THE PLACE FOR YOU!
I will go back to Bali and Ubud, JUST to come back to Alam Jiwa. Walking distance from food, shopping and the Sacred Monkey Forest. I miss the place and staff already..There is no comparison in all of Ubud or bali for that matter.. Be prepared for the simple beauty of peace and be overwhelmed by the view and gardens..

Room Tip: all rooms and villas are incredible
  • Stayed: May 2017, traveled solo