I arrived in Ubud alone after a week-long yoga retreat in Seminya, and booked a standard bungalow at Agung Raka. It was truly a lovely experience - my bungalow was two-levels all to myself, with an air-conditioned upstairs bedroom, and downstairs a seating area with pillows and a table to either have a meal or lounge about with a good book. I also had a separate bathroom that was indoor/outdoor - the sink, toilet, and full bathtub were under a roof, and there was a separate exposed slate shower area. It was really nice and provided a lovely experience. The bedroom had a queen size bed with a mosquito-covered canopy, and the view from my window was of the hotel's rice paddies. There was a nice pool area with plenty of lounge chairs and umbrellas, and spa services were offered under the veranda by the pool. The staff were especially nice and helpful in providing tips of temples I was interested in seeing and when I was ill (I had gotten bitten by a mosquito on my eyelid and it swelled closed - the staff were very concerned and brought me ice and frequently asked how I was doing). Location is great too, within walking distance to the Monkey Forrest (about 10 min), and a 5 minute walk to the famed Yoga Barn for a drop-in class. Lots of restaurants and shops near by as well. Best part was I booked through the indonesian version of hotels.com called agoda.com, and saved a considerable amount on my bungalow rate (paid only $66/night). There are other bungalows people I met stayed in down the road for $20-$30/night, but they didn't have air conditioning (a must in the heat) nor did they offer half of the lovely accommodations. Well worth the extra few dollars. Terami kasih, Agung Raka!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- elcome to Bali Agung Raka Resort and Villa, the new modern minimalist Resort are built to complement the landscape that surrounds it, providing a sensational feeling of being in a beautiful village, with a stunning sunset view from the rice terrace. Located at Jl. Raya Pengosekan, Ubud - Bali, it just 10 minutes walking distance to Monkey Forest in Ubud. Bali Agung Raka Resort and Villa consist of 20 villas (one and two bedrooms villa) and 25 guest rooms inclusive of Superior and Deluxe Rooms located on 1st and 2nd floor. All guest rooms are set within building, 2-storey high with staircase access. Ideal for family holiday, honeymoon couple, groups of friends and more. Most of our villas are designed to mimic the general shape of a Balinese rice-barn, which has its lower space utilized as living space, and a bedroom on the second floor. Our villas are mostly constructed of wooden structure, bamboo, and thatched roof, which provide a stable cool temperature throughout the day, while an air conditioning system is in place in each room to further adjust it according to our guests' preference. As added convenience feature, some of our villas are equipped with kitchenettes, and every room is equipped with telephone, mini bar, and a television set. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com, Expedia, Ctrip TA, Travelocity, Hotwire, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Agung Raka Resort & Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Agung Raka Bungalows Hotel Ubud
- Agung Raka Hotel
- Agung Raka Resort & Villas Ubud, Bali