I was looking for a villa/bungalow style accommodation in Ubud area and ran into Agung Raka. The photos online looked nice and price was very affordable. I also wanted to find a tour guide and a driver. After emailing back and forth with the manager, I was able to secure a deal to stay there for 3 nights with a tour guide and a driver. When we arrived, the accommodation was just as expected. At night time however, we couldn’t find our way around the property since they did not have proper lighting at the premises. Some of the amenities needed updating or renovation since they were falling apart.
We also discovered later on that we did not have a tour guide and ended up with just a driver. It was frustrating because we already paid in advance when we checked in, which was a big mistake. The driver ended up just taking us to various tourist places, which was fine, but we didn’t have a tour guide to explain the history or significance of each place. Other than that it was a pleasant stay and extremely inexpensive.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- elcome to Bali Agung Raka Resort and Villa, the new modern minimalist Resort are built to complement the landscape that surrounds it, providing a sensational feeling of being in a beautiful village, with a stunning sunset view from the rice terrace. Located at Jl. Raya Pengosekan, Ubud - Bali, it just 10 minutes walking distance to Monkey Forest in Ubud. Bali Agung Raka Resort and Villa consist of 20 villas (one and two bedrooms villa) and 25 guest rooms inclusive of Superior and Deluxe Rooms located on 1st and 2nd floor. All guest rooms are set within building, 2-storey high with staircase access. Ideal for family holiday, honeymoon couple, groups of friends and more. Most of our villas are designed to mimic the general shape of a Balinese rice-barn, which has its lower space utilized as living space, and a bedroom on the second floor. Our villas are mostly constructed of wooden structure, bamboo, and thatched roof, which provide a stable cool temperature throughout the day, while an air conditioning system is in place in each room to further adjust it according to our guests' preference. As added convenience feature, some of our villas are equipped with kitchenettes, and every room is equipped with telephone, mini bar, and a television set. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Agoda, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Agung Raka Resort & Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Agung Raka Bungalows Hotel Ubud
- Agung Raka Hotel
- Agung Raka Resort & Villas Ubud, Bali