“Lovely place :)”

Cuisines: Indonesian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
Reviewed December 20, 2013

nice and relaxing place to be in Penestanan. The staff is very friendly and the drinks, coffee, smoothies are the best!
The coffee, the banana pancakes, the atmosphere were all wonderful.
It is an awesome place to have a drink and chill out with friends. The prices are very acceptable and everyone so friendly,

Reviewed November 16, 2013 via mobile

This is a difficult review to write. I have to balance wanting this incredibly friendly business to succeed, with the responsibility of steering tripadvisor people in the right direction.

First up, this is NOT - absolutely not - not by any stretch of the imagination, worthy of a Top 20 tripadvisor position, and frankly it's current #2 position seems either rigged or a practical joke.
In fairness, I did not try their (tiny) Indonesian menu, I ordered the club sandwich - on the strength of a previous tripadvisor review. I'm sorry to say, but it was incredibly ordinary (and that's being kind) - drenched in mayonnaise, bland and overwhelmingly underwhelming!
I thought maybe I could doctor it, so I asked for some cheese, but when the waiter brought over 2 slices of processed cheese (Kraft Singles vibe), I decided to cut my losses and leave. Management were supremely gracious and concerned and refused to charge me for the food, a gesture which I really appreciated (prompting me to rethink my 1 or 2 star review, and giving them the benefit of the doubt with 3stars).

A couple of side-notes;
When I ordered French fries with my club sandwich, the waiter should have informed me the club sandwich comes with fries - I didn't need 2 helpings.
The wifi and vibe are great - the place has a very nice feel to it. But the reality check here is it's ultimately a coffee joint, with a few menu items too.

If you are in Bali for a long time, I think it's worth giving their Indonesian menu a try (which as I mentioned I never got to do), as it's such a friendly place.
But...if your time in Ubud is limited, for goodness sake don't be fooled by the tripadvisor top score - this is is no way, shape or form a top Ubud restaurant.

4  Thank Fris B
Reviewed November 14, 2013

Cozy, quiet, great service with friendly staff, friendly patrons as well. Great to spend time socializing, or at your laptop, focusing on your work. Their club sandwich is amazing (yeah, I'm a sandwichvore) their coffee is great, and they provide free drinking water, which is rare around Ubud. Chill place, good food, good people.

1  Thank Danny_Hefer
Reviewed November 7, 2013

I've been backpacking China and southeast Asia for four months, spent plenty of times at cafe's and so far this is my favourite by far. The atmosphere, the tranquility, te music, the food, the prices and THE SERVICE. Everything was great, and it's far from the hustle and tourists in Ubud!

1  Thank Juan Pablo E
Reviewed November 4, 2013 via mobile

After read the review in here , I am try to found this place . Coz I am local people so it's not a big problem to found this place . A warm greetings from the owner welcoming me and my family . We sit at a corner , a cozy sofa and order a coffee , banana pancake and fresh fruit yogurt salad .

With the price under USD 15 for 3 cup of coffee and food ...it's real heaven for the budget travellers when you staying in Ubud .

Starting open from two years ago , now they open daily from 07.00 morning until 22.00 .

Have a good day in Penestenan Ubud

1  Thank Davidoffbali

Been to Kopi Desa? Share your experiences!