“I would never stay anywhere else!”
other travelers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Excellent
Ensuite with a jungle valley view
Cocktail by the pool
Long lunch by the pool
Welcome fresh tropical flowers
The villa at dusk
Ensuite bathroom with flower bath
Welcome juice
Personal and friendly service
Complimentary daily afternoon tea by the pool
Main bathroom with flower bath
Tastefully furnished cozy lounge with views
Balinese feast cooked by villa chef
Upstairs bedroom and living with a view
Luxurious comfort
Sunrise across the valley
Hindu temple at the villa
Warm hospitality
Lounge area for relaxing and entertainments
Daily turn-down service
Secluded tropical home for a couple
Welcome to Shamballa Residence
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
jkoltun
New York
“I would never stay anywhere else!”
Reviewed November 25, 2014 for a stay in October 2014

We stayed at Villa Shamballa three and a half years ago and cried when we left. We fell so in love with the Spirit of Bali, the generosity of the people we encountered and especially with Illuh, Kedek and Edy (staff at the villa). We couldn't wait to come back. When we were notified of Shamballa Residence being available, we took it as a sign to return to Bali. Our stay this time was just as wonderful with Kedek and Minnie and Wayan and Wayan and Wayan taking such good care of us. The food was amazing, the grandeur of the villa inspiring, the decorative style so soothing and the interactions with the staff made us laugh and opened our hearts. We can't wait to come back to you Bali and Shamballa! Just a side note, we stayed at Shamballa for 8 days and stayed at another villa for 8 days because we wanted to experience being on the rice fields, I'm not going to bash anyone here but when I come back to Bali, I will never stay anywhere else other than the Shamballa family because when you stay there, it feels like home.
You will not find a more gracious host than Atsu & Wendy, they are the real deal. Much love to all of you and we will see you again real soon. Love Jen & Vic!!

Liked best: The Staff, the Villa and Sienna the Cat
Liked least: That I couldn't stay longer
Your age range 50-64
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
Sharon L
Wangaratta, Australia
“Pure Bliss”
Reviewed November 24, 2014 for a stay in November 2014

My husband and I recently spent our 25th Wedding Anniversary at Residence Shamballa. I told my husband to surprise me . This was beyond anything I could have imagined. From the moment we arrived, we were warmly greeted by Kadek, with flower lays. The villa is very spacious and beautifully decorated. The pool area is gorgeous, we spent many hours lazing on deck, swimming and looking out over the greenery of the trees, if I were to make 1 suggestion, it would be nice to have something to float on in the pool. The service was amazing, we always had cold drinks and not to mention the food. Kadek makes the best meals. We had 2 massages in the evenings after dinner, under the stars and when we finished, Kadek had run a bath and filled it with flowers. The massages were a little dearer than in town but the experience was well worth it. One of the highlights for me was to wake each morning, to the sunrise over the jungle and being able to see it from bed. The outdoor showers and bathrooms are so lovely and everything is very clean. We always had a motorbike on request or a driver available if needed. The villa is close to 10 minutes from Ubud but you cant beat the location. We just hired a bike for the day at $7.00 and pottered in when we desired. We also did the Campuham Ridge Walk which I recommend. It takes you to the outskirts of Ubud. This is within walking distance to begin, in fact my husband and I jogged there one morning to burn off all the good cooking. Wayan will also drop you at the start. We found a great little spa and cafe up there also, which I highly recommend,Karsa Spa and Cafe. It saves you traveling into Ubud and is away from the hustle and bustle. I read in other reviews about the traffic noise and yes there is a bit around peak times but that never bothered us, we just turned up the music a little. There is nothing I could fault with this villa or its staff, we loved our time here and wished we had booked longer. Oh well next time.

Liked best: Everything
Friends getaway
Erik L
San Francisco, California, United States
“Amazing experience. We will be back.”
Reviewed September 28, 2014 for a stay in September 2014

The property is architecturally a delight, with fine details, and is comfortably furnished. The staff (Mini, Kadek, Wayan, et al.) make you feel right at home. The property is quite secluded yet quite close to the major shops and restaurants in Ubud.

Overall condition of the property Bedding & mattresses
Your age range 35-49
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Bill O
Sydney, Australia
“Beautiful Villa in Ubud”
Reviewed September 8, 2014 for a stay in August 2014

We stayed for a week and had a wonderful relaxing time in this beautiful villa and can highly recommend a stay at Shamballa Residence.

The owners and staff are very proud of what they have created in this luxury Balinese styled villa. The villa has two stories and on the ground floor is an elegant lounge and dining area along with a large pool set in a lush garden with an outdoor bathroom containing a large stone bath and rain shower. The second floor complete with bamboo shutters and straw roof contains a large bedroom and lounge along with another luxurious bathroom with a private outlook over lush gardens. All is done very elegantly.

The staff were friendly and provided great assistance in organising everything from transport through to getting cloths washed or organising massages. We also enjoyed our interactions with the staff and loved the breakfasts they cooked, particularly the banana pancakes along with the other meals when we dinned in. Also we appreciated how all the staff were connected to the local community and were very proud of working there and what it brought to their community.

Just to be balance I should mention that you can get a bit of road noise from across the valley but I did get use to it and it was not a problem at night at all.

The Ubud area has heaps of things to do and restaurants to eat at however the centre is a busy place with narrow roads and traffic jams so it is nice to be 10 minutes out of town and out of the congestion.

However there is one downsides to staying at Shamballa Residence and that is leaving it.

Enjoy your stay

How easy was it to book the property? Overall condition of the property
Bedding & mattresses Bathroom cleanliness
Friends getaway
Lolo_Tim...
Melbourne, Australia
“Spring Rolls and Satay by the Pool”
Reviewed August 4, 2014 for a stay in July 2014

This is our second stay at one of the Shamballa properties. We previously stayed at the Shamballa Villa and this time decided to try the Shamballa Residence. Both properties are brilliant with all of the things we loved last time evident in the new property.

Shamballa Residence is tastefully decorated with designer touches throughout. The quality sofas and chairs are so comfortable they are hard to get out of. The pool is huge and well positioned looking out towards the jungle. I bought an inflatable lilo for drifting and sunning which I would recommend.

Some of the staff who looked after us during our last stay had changed however they were as fantastic as ever. We still had Kadek and her husband Wayan, and Wayan the driver with some new staff, another Wayan, Mini and Gusti. I do not know who recruits the staff for these properties but congratulations as they seem to find the most wonderful people. Iluh who also looked after us during our previous stay popped up from the other villa to say hello to my wife which I thought was nice.

We requested to see Shamballa Moon which is next door to the Residence. While it is smaller than the Residence and Villa it is as per normal well laid out with impeccable interior design. We will probably stay here during our next visit as we are looking at booking the Residence next door for our daughter and husband who have a couple of young ones.

We were there for 7 nights which was longer than our previous stay where we moved around a bit more. The 7 nights was perfect as you settled in more quickly when you arrived knowing you weren’t leaving in a couple of days.

Dining in town is good. I would recommend Melting Wok for a green chicken curry and a chocolate crepe. It is great value for money for a quick meal.

The most memorable dining moments we experienced however were just relaxing in the villa lounge next to the pool with some Lumpia (Balinese spring rolls) and Chicken Satay with a bottle of wine. We did this for a few nights and if you are looking to relax, I highly recommend it.

I came here looking to completely relax and unwind, much in need of a break from a hectic work environment. Shamballa delivered again as we were both made to feel so welcome, comfortable and even privileged.

We will definitely be back, and I am already planning my next visit.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The warmth of the staff.
Marie P
Adelaide, Australia
“Shamballa will exceed every expectation.”
Reviewed June 9, 2014 for a stay in May 2014

Words cannot describe the magic of Shamballa.
The location is breathtaking. The villa is impeccable. The lifestyle is priceless.
And, above all else, the most beautiful hospitality by the most beautiful staff. Absolutely flawless.
If you want to experience the true essence of Ubud, Shamaballa will exceed every expectation.

How easy was it to book the property? Overall condition of the property
Bedding & mattresses Bathroom cleanliness
Chella080...
Karratha, Australia
“Friendly staff, Stunning View”
Reviewed June 5, 2014 for a stay in May 2014

I recently stayed in the Shamballa Residence with my Mum for some much needed chill time. On arrival to the villa we were greeted with really friendly staff and were exited to see the stunning pool and beautiful decor. We did feel the villa was a little big for just the two of us, however after a couple of days we settled in. Our dinner by the pool on the first night was delicious and would be ideal for a romantic night (couples) ... The only dissapointing things for us were that the spa wasnt in use and the pool was too cold to swim in. Everything else we were really happy with. The Staff - Iluh and Mini were so sweet and we loved having them cook and chat to us.

Traveling group: Other
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing