“Awesome Spot”

Jendela House
Cuisines: European, Bar
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Blending bistro and gastronomy, Jendela House's concept combines traditional European and Pan-Asian fusion dishes with sophisticated twists created by the international chef for casual yet remarkable meals. This concept gives a warm and inviting atmosphere, with a top-quality gastronomic approach full of unique combinations of flavours. At Jendela House, you will be welcomed with the ambience of 'Kota lama' style, which is inspired from the beautiful architecture of the colonial period. The decor is focusing on the "vintage chic" with lot of attention to details. The focus on their 'window' style gives the relaxing ambience and appreciation to the Ubud neighbourhood. In the second floor, you can enjoy the beautiful Balinese family temple with some comfortable sofas to unwind and lounge in the harmony of Ubud. The restaurant caters for lunch and dinner, featuring a full service bar, lounge area and dining room. In addition, you can enjoy the daytime Parisian coffees and lovely desserts at our front terrace. The carefully crafted menu showcases a great variety of dishes that will thrill food lovers with dishes such as a duck foie gras, an orange sauce duck leg confit, cacao seasoned fish tempura on banana guacamole or a decadent creme brulee for your finale. The bar list features a wide array of creative cocktails, such as beetroot margarita, fruity tequila with basil and balsamic vinegar and along with all time favourite's cocktails specialties, served with a ambient music that will accompany you throughout the evening.
Reviewed June 11, 2014

Jendela is a really cool place with a nice atmosphere, but it seriously rocks on the dancing nights! It was awesome taking my first leaps into tango and salsa in such a relaxed and welcoming way. And they even have a live salsa band of a very high standard and super fun.

I am not a dancer so for me it was great to be in a situation where I wasn't intimidated at all. It was just great fun, and the drinks were pretty well priced. I enjoyed my time so much I have been back a few times to check out the Sunday market (which also had an equally relaxed and cool feel) and enjoyed some nice food for brekkie and the wine tasting..

I am definitely going back again.

Reviewed June 9, 2014

After eating here we were surprised that it didn't have more patrons. Walked past it several times to find it almost empty, so was a bit hesitant to try it.The service was great, staff at tentative and food delish. Loved the choc fondant! Great value for money, hopefully things will improve for them, or it was just a quiet patch for them.

1  Thank TheWilk0s
Reviewed June 8, 2014 via mobile

The food and service were amazing. Felt like we were transported to another place. Will go back again. A must when in Ubud

Reviewed June 1, 2014

I kept going past this place in Ubud and wondering about it. French food in Ubud? Didn't sound good. Well my wife and I finally went there. It started out bad. I asked a question to the waitress and she didn't know the answer so she call over another waitress who explained that the first waitress had just started but she really couldn't explain it either (Dauphinoise potatoes). But from there it was GREAT. To start we had the "Curry French Fries with coconut lime dipping sauce" - potatoes were limp and it actually didn't have much flavor. Then I had (one of my favorites), "Pumpkin Risotto" - WOW! large bowl filled with yummy risotto, perfectly cooked, creamy with mushrooms and slivered almonds - FANTASTIC - best I've ever had! My wife had the "Unilateral Norwegian Salmon Steak" - she said it was the best salmon she had ever had. It was served over mashed potatoes and cauliflower. Some nights they have live music and dancing upstairs, so you might want to call.

Jendelahouse, Manager at Jendela House, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2014

Hello Bali Bruce,

Thank you for your review and also pointing out an area of improvement with our staff.

We delighted that you had a great dining experience after your initial hick-up. We've kept the great dishes you've enjoyed with your wife on our brand new menu, and hope you'll come back to see what improvements and selections we've made.

Best Regards,
Jendela Management

Reviewed May 31, 2014 via mobile

Just awesome ambience, service and food. So happy to have been here.
The manger came a couple of times to check if we are ok. Chill out and jazz music.