“Great food and great service”
Review of Jendela House - CLOSED

Jendela House
Cuisines: European, Bar
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Blending bistro and gastronomy, Jendela House's concept combines traditional European and Pan-Asian fusion dishes with sophisticated twists created by the international chef for casual yet remarkable meals. This concept gives a warm and inviting atmosphere, with a top-quality gastronomic approach full of unique combinations of flavours. At Jendela House, you will be welcomed with the ambience of 'Kota lama' style, which is inspired from the beautiful architecture of the colonial period. The decor is focusing on the "vintage chic" with lot of attention to details. The focus on their 'window' style gives the relaxing ambience and appreciation to the Ubud neighbourhood. In the second floor, you can enjoy the beautiful Balinese family temple with some comfortable sofas to unwind and lounge in the harmony of Ubud. The restaurant caters for lunch and dinner, featuring a full service bar, lounge area and dining room. In addition, you can enjoy the daytime Parisian coffees and lovely desserts at our front terrace. The carefully crafted menu showcases a great variety of dishes that will thrill food lovers with dishes such as a duck foie gras, an orange sauce duck leg confit, cacao seasoned fish tempura on banana guacamole or a decadent creme brulee for your finale. The bar list features a wide array of creative cocktails, such as beetroot margarita, fruity tequila with basil and balsamic vinegar and along with all time favourite's cocktails specialties, served with a ambient music that will accompany you throughout the evening.
Reviewed November 7, 2013

We went there last night. Beautiful restaurant, beautifully decorated and lighted.
I made a reservation under my name, and when we arrived there the staffs greeted me warmly by my name Which is very nice and make you feel very welcome. Service is very friendly and efficient.
The food was excellent. We had onion soup and escargot as starters and duck confit and fillet mignon as main. They all tasted great. had a plan too have the apple and rhubarb crumbled as dessert. But by the time we finished our meals we were to full.
Perhaps next time :)
We will be back again for sure.

1  Thank noviegehlen
There are newer reviews for Jendela House

Reviewed November 2, 2013

Second time in this beautiful decorated restaurant, the food is always very good, i order the boeuf bourguignon (beef slowly cooked in red wine sauce), my wife order the snails and the pork tenderloin.
The chef is really good to run traditional French dishes perfectly.
Good wine selection, reasonably priced.
For us, it is one the best restaurant in Ubud.

1  Thank loris p
Reviewed October 31, 2013

the first time, my son and I visited and enjoyed the cuisine. We like the taste of it. Especially the concept of classical interior...

2  Thank radisuangkasa
Reviewed October 29, 2013

Now this is definitely one of the best restaurant I've been to in Bali.
You can feel the love that was put in this restaurant, from the decor to the service, from the food to the cocktails, everything is wonderful and well organized.
I've been there twice already, actually every time I went to Ubud, I've been there.
Once for lunch and once for dinner.
For lunch I had the "Pot au feu" ravioli and the Pissaladiére, both delightful and well presented.
For dinner, I had the baby squid tagliatelle and eggplant caviar, just incredible, in the baby squid meal i could taste all the different flavours.
I had also the most surprising cocktail, the Summer rae, thanks to them now like whisky cocktail.
This is definitively what we love in french cuisine.

2  Thank Broushky
Reviewed October 28, 2013

Being a french expat in Bali, and loving my country "cuisine" it can be hard sometimes to find a good place where you can eat a tasty french meal, but dont mistake me, I love indonesian food, thats what I'm eating daily.
Eating at Jendela House was a great experience overall, the decor, the staff, the food and the prices!
I've tasted quite a few items on the menu and everytime its was a pleasant surprise, the beef tartare is a mastered classic, the soupions tagliatelle with chorizo and carrot was surprising and incredibly tasty, same goes with the eggplant caviar, and amazingly the french onions soup was as good as my grandmother's one back in France!
And I definitely recommend the Aioli, so good...
Jendela House is now my place to go whenever Im in Ubud now that I know that I can have a meal wich is better and way cheaper than in a lots of brasseries and restaurants in Paris!

2  Thank Nicolas j