Spa at The Samaya Ubud
Open today: 9:00 AM - 10:00 PM
Review Highlights
Excellent experiences

My Friend and I tried most of the treatments spread over 3 days. We had the couple room which is in... read more

Reviewed 4 weeks ago
ashima737
via mobile
Beautiful spa with extensive range of treatments

Had a Balinese massage - fantastic service in a beautiful setting, range of available treatments is... read more

Reviewed May 19, 2019
Lancastle1

Top Selling Tours & Activities in and around Ubud
from $65.00
More Info
from $61.25
More Info
All reviews ayung river scalp massage hot stone life experience minute massage our honeymoon couples massage full body walk around great massage treatment indra scrub therapy putri ibu knots
Selected filters
Reviewed June 18, 2018 via mobile

Conflicted about this review. We booked the massage/ lunch package by the river to celebrate our Anniversary
It is indeed magical - the ambience, the setting, the food
But a couple of things made it less than a five star experience
First of all we were promised a 90 minute massage. I knew, without a clock , that it was not 90 minutes when I was told it was done. I had proof since I had a picture with a time stamp .It was 70 at best . Talked with Spa manager and eventually Putu, manager of food service . They wanted to give us another 30 minute foot massage but we couldn’t do it that day and the next day we were leaving Ubud. So we were offered 10% off our bill which is far less than the difference in cost between the shorter and longer Massage.OK fine. I’ll move on Signed the bill
Today ( Tuesday , the package was Saturday) I was looking over my various receipts from my trip
I apparently didn’t look close enough because we were charged $27 for two more Mimosas. Nothing in the description of the meal led me to believe that we were limited to one( it was a very expensive package ) nor was I told that it was an extra charge
In this case I should have been comped for those drinks since I was cheated of my full massage time
Shame on you Samaya
I expected better
You talk a good game but fall short
I know you must think that to stay there that the clients are wealthy beyond belief but that is not the case for me

Date of experience: June 2018
Reviewed June 3, 2018 via mobile

Me & my friends stay around Ubud for work. When we Off on Sunday..for Relaxing Time we decide to try Spa at The samaya as outsider guest. The last time we come to here only to have dinner so here we go to Spa. I thought we can only do Spa in here.. but beside Spa..outsider guest who come to Spa can use their Pool and Gym for free~ such a nice accomodation from Samaya~
Ok. Back to Spa..from we arrived~ They provide us welcome drink, Their Spa Manager Ibu Indra give some explain about the spa and told us to fill a paper. So they know what we wanted the most.. the room that we got have a river view (the best for me~). My Therapis (Putri) such a good Therapis, good technique and very polite to us..i choose to do 'warm oil msg & body scrub' for 90 min and its so relaxing~ if i go to Ubud again i wanna try their Hot Stone spa next time. For the price. U get what u pay for. Their hospitality is the best!
If u stay around Ubud.. i recommend u to do the Spa in here, enjoy ur time at their pool and then have a dinner at Swept away (river view restaurant).
Thank u Samaya for ur excellent treatment to us.

Date of experience: June 2018
Thank Margaretha Inda... P
Reviewed May 9, 2018 via mobile

Couldn’t recommend visiting this spa more, whether you’re staying at the hotel or not. My wife and I stayed at the Samaya in Ubud on our honeymoon (which is an extraordinary hotel in itself) and indulged with a 2.5 hour couple’s treatment, which included a foot cleanse, an amazing / long full body hot oil massage (I had the more powerful oriental massage, my wife the more traditional Balinese), a scalp massage, full body exfoliation, a milk bath etc. — there were so many good treatments I don’t even know if that’s all of them). Anyway it was extremely relaxing, super romantic and the staff, like all at the Samaya, were so warm, accommodating and friendly. We will definitely get another treatment if we have time, it was the best spa we’ve ever been to. Thank you to the Samaya!

Date of experience: May 2018
Reviewed May 1, 2018

Great massage technique with excellent and attentive service! One of the best spa visits we've ever had. The therapists are really professionally trained.

Beautiful views of the river from the therapy rooms.

Date of experience: May 2018
Reviewed April 17, 2018

As part of our honeymoon, and to also celebrate my wife's birthday. Although the Samaya is a little way from the centre of Ubud this distance allows it to be positioned right on a river at the bottom of a low gorge. The location is excellent and it was wonderful to be able to see the river and gorge during some of the treatments while remaining very secluded. The massage was brilliant - a very good combination of flowing pressure throughout, with those unwanted knots being found and dealt with. After the massage we had a body scrub which was great - being pampered without the experience being in any way excessive. The staff were really attentive and could not do enough to allow us to totally relax. We thoroughly recommend the Spa (and also the Swept Away restaurant - the subject of a separate review that I'm about to post).

Date of experience: April 2018