“Excellent location with a fair price”

The Unique Homestay
and 1 more site!
The Unique Homestay
Ranked #248 of 529 Ubud B&B and Inns
Ubud, Indonesia
“Excellent location with a fair price”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 2, 2014

Unique Homestay is centrally located within easy walking distance of attractions and great restaurants and shops. Great staff who take good care of you - Ogi who served me breakfast each morning was lovely, and did a great job of cleaning my room and providing fresh towels every day. Wayan the owner/manager was great to deal with and made sure the staff would take me to the bus on departure day. I highly recommend Unique as a solid budget choice when visiting Ubud - I stayed for 2 weeks and loved every minute. If possible, try to get a room overlooking the courtyard rather than the street - private balcony and quiet.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank tcstravels71

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
  • Thai first
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2014

The location is great , you are in the center of everything, but still not noisy.
The family members are very nice and they help you out with whatever you need
Great breakfast, mainly pancake
Rooms clean
Internet not so good

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank ariplus
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 23, 2014

The home stay truly lives up to its name. The host family is lovely and tries to make you feel like a part of their family. The room is clean. The courtyard is beautiful. Excellent breakfast options of pancakes or eggs with lots of fresh fruit. Location is super central to all sights and the market in ubud.

The little details were great: One of the nights I was there, we lost power and Wayan came by to light a candle for me while I sat and watched the rain. They offered me their umbrella during the course of my stay. They were great about arranging transport etc for me.

Overall an excellent experience. For $20 a night, it's a great deal for both doubles and solo travelers.

Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Nitya O
Newport, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2014 via mobile

We cannot recommend this place highly enough. Great value for money and it's the most relaxing place we have stayed in S E Asia. We only intended to stay one night but ended up staying 5 nights at this homestay. Well it is called homestay but it felt more like a boutique hotel really.
Pros:
- excellent location, right next to an excellent coffee shop, and a bakery, right opposite there is a pharmacy and a mini supermarket. Within 50 meters there is an amazing ice cream shop and No. 1 restaurant of Ubud on tripadvisor. Close to the monkey forest and art gallery
- clean, quiet and spacious rooms with balcony that has a nice view (on the top floor at the rear of the property).
- hot shower
- excellent banana pancakes in the morning with fruit and tea/coffee
- super nice staff Wayan and Made did really look after us and catered for our needs like laundry, tickets to Gili Trawangan and scooter. The owner Wayan is also super nice and caring when my wife became poorly
he offered to take her to a clinic in his car.
- you can rent scooters directly for 50k Rupiah
Cons:
- no mosquito net - we did get bitten a couple of nights but not an overwhelmingly bad case at all
- wifi signal wasn't as strong upstairs
- a hang out area with a tv and a sofa would be good for rainy days in the terrace on the top floor.

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Musti S
Newcastle, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 11, 2014 via mobile

Found via Agoda, this place was very quaint and good value. The room was spacious and very clean. We had a rear room so it was also very quiet. Downsides were the bathroom smelt overwhelmingly of toilet freshener blocks and there was only enough water for 1 brief hot shower. Great location.

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Jakarta, Jakarta Raya, Indonesia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2014

I stayed in Ubud for two nights, I need accomodation close to tourist attractions in Ubud for observation. I chose to stay in "the unique homestay" because it features that match the specifications I needed. very close to ubud market, ubud palace, monkey forest, and some interesting historical museums.
room is clean, big enough, the bathroom was also clean, balinese furniture and interior, delicious complimentary breakfast. the price per night is reasonable.
and the owner is very friendly :) thank's Wayan

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Oxford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 28, 2013

I booked two rooms at the Unique Homestay - one room for my brother and I, and another for our friend travelling to meet us from Singapore.

My brother and I stayed in a room at the front of the property, with a balcony overlooking the main road. We were initially worried about the noise, but found that it was actually quite quiet - although we heard the occasional motorbike, there were no noisy bars or restaurants to disturb our sleep.

Our friend had a smaller room at the back of the building, which was also very nice and offered some good rooftop views across Ubud. Both rooms were very clean and tidy, with good A/C.

Breakfast at the Unique Homestay was delicious, and the staff were all very friendly and helpful. Wayan invited us to attend one of Bali's famous cremation ceremonies, and even lent us his sarongs so we were appropriately dressed.

On our final day in Bali, Wayan took us on a tour of the island and some of the more remote temples and sights. He very kindly personalised the tour to suit our needs, and we managed to get to a few interesting places (Gunung Kawai, Tampak Siring and Mt Batur) before being taken back to the airport in Denpasar.

We had a fantastic time, and would love to go back!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Caroline J
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ubud
Meruhdani Guest House
#227 of 529 in Ubud
Pelangi Bungalow
Pelangi Bungalow
#252 of 528 in Ubud

Been to The Unique Homestay? Share your experiences!