“nice place and friendly hosts”

The Unique Homestay
The Unique Homestay
Ranked #236 of 616 Ubud B&B and Inns
Reviewed January 3, 2014

I stayed in Ubud for two nights, I need accomodation close to tourist attractions in Ubud for observation. I chose to stay in "the unique homestay" because it features that match the specifications I needed. very close to ubud market, ubud palace, monkey forest, and some interesting historical museums.
room is clean, big enough, the bathroom was also clean, balinese furniture and interior, delicious complimentary breakfast. the price per night is reasonable.
and the owner is very friendly :) thank's Wayan

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends

Reviewed December 28, 2013

I booked two rooms at the Unique Homestay - one room for my brother and I, and another for our friend travelling to meet us from Singapore.

My brother and I stayed in a room at the front of the property, with a balcony overlooking the main road. We were initially worried about the noise, but found that it was actually quite quiet - although we heard the occasional motorbike, there were no noisy bars or restaurants to disturb our sleep.

Our friend had a smaller room at the back of the building, which was also very nice and offered some good rooftop views across Ubud. Both rooms were very clean and tidy, with good A/C.

Breakfast at the Unique Homestay was delicious, and the staff were all very friendly and helpful. Wayan invited us to attend one of Bali's famous cremation ceremonies, and even lent us his sarongs so we were appropriately dressed.

On our final day in Bali, Wayan took us on a tour of the island and some of the more remote temples and sights. He very kindly personalised the tour to suit our needs, and we managed to get to a few interesting places (Gunung Kawai, Tampak Siring and Mt Batur) before being taken back to the airport in Denpasar.

We had a fantastic time, and would love to go back!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Caroline J
Reviewed October 26, 2013 via mobile

I just visited Ubud for two days to meet up with friends. I stayed in the Unique Homestay. They were staying at Johns Pension; both located in the heart of the city. Both homestays are very good, the difference being that you pay per room in the former, and per person in the latter, thus excellent for when you're backpacking or traveling alone. Personal is great, very helpful and provide you with everything you need, plus breakfast was amazing! Banana pancakes topped with vanilla and chocolate sprinkles, it felt just like my home in holland!

Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed October 9, 2013

We stayed here for three nights. The first night we had a room at the front of the house, which was extremely noisy. This is because of the location, it is situated in the center of Ubud along a really busy road. This is an advantage, everything is close, but is was too noisy for us. We thought about leaving but I asked if there was another room available and the was one at the back of the house. This was excellent! Both rooms were very good, large, good hot shower and very clean. The staff is very nice, helpfull and kind and so is the owner. The location is very good, close to restaurants and shops. Breakfast was excellent, fruits, coffee and banana pancakes and ommelets. We enjoyed ourselves her. Although I have to be honest, next time I would try a homestay in the ricepaddies for a little more rest! For the price we paid it was rally good.

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the back of the house!
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank vosdiana
Reviewed September 7, 2013

The Unique Homestay was a very good choice in Ubud. It's centrally located and owned by a lovely familiy. Wayan, the homestay owner is extremely helpful and also takes his guests on day trips (for a very reasonable price). We did two days with him and he told us great things and stories about the area, Bali and Indonesia. Thank you for a very nice stay, Wayan!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 7, 2013

I planned to stay at the unique home stay for 1 night whilst I look for other accommodation but after spending a night there i decided to ask about long term prices. I spent a month there and would have stayed longer had my circumstances not changed. Wyan (the man who runs the place) was always helpful and made me feel really at home. He always made an effort to involve me in the local culture and even taught me some indonesian.
The rooms were always clean and tidy and the showers never failed to produce hot water.
The location is perfect just a 5 minute walk from monkey forest road, their is a restaurant next door that does excellent food and their is a message parlour out the front that I recommend.
If you struggle to find the place look for a sign for mentari spa (its opposite a circle k)
After a month here I feel like I'm apart of the family and will certainly be returning the next time I visit bali.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Necitha G
Reviewed August 28, 2013

You couldn't be any closer to town. Set in behind shops the homestay is a quiet little haven away from the busy Main Road of Ubud - Jalan Raya. It is clean, neat, Balinese and includes breakfast.

There are plenty of dining options within 100 steps and the markets are about 300 metres down the road.

A little gem.