“Best ribs of my life”

Dining options: Reservations
Sydney, Australia
“Best ribs of my life”
Reviewed November 11, 2013 via mobile

I am a very regular visitor to Ubud, and this is the restaurant I have eaten at more than any other!!
There is no words to describe how incredibly delicious their pork ribs are!! Absolutely finger-licking spectacular - cooked on an open fire in front of the restaurant, with a marinade to die for!! I did not even realise I loved ribs, until I discovered Glove & Stove!
Fries are delicious (ask for them crispy), beer as super-cold as a beer can be, delicious freshly squeezed orange juice, delicious icecream sundae desserts, and a manager who takes friendliness to unprecedented levels, even by usual friendly Bali standards.
Airy, clean and relaxing - with food to write home about, I just wish I could give it more than 5 stars!! It is a travesty that this isn't in the Top 10 of Tripadvisor places to eat, let alone in the Top 100 (at the time of writing this review) - if you love ribs, this is THE GO TO PLACE IN BALI!!

2 Thank Fris B

• Indonesian first
Perth, Australia
“Great ribs and chicken”
Reviewed November 3, 2013

We stayed at the Anniniraka and this was just a few steps away. We had about half our dinners here after we discovered it. The ribs were the best we had and I have never had a cordon bleu that was as tasty. It was certainly an interesting experience seeing the food cooked out the front.
It was also nice to sit on their patio and watch everyone go by.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank Jlkt13
australia
“home away from home”
Reviewed October 13, 2013

The soursop juice was delish, and the meals very good and reasonalbly priced.
A small book exchange was appreciated, as was the helpful staff and tourist brochures and newspaper.

Visited October 2013
Perth, Australia
“Put it on your must visit list when in Ubud”
Reviewed October 5, 2013

Glove and Stove gives Naughty Nuri's a run for it's money on food and interior design.
A bit more comfortable regarding décor and seating arrangements. We visited for dinner and we were not disappointed. The ribs and BBQ sausage were fantastic. We would definitely return next visit to Bali and Ubud. Dina told us of her amazing promotional ideas for when World Cup Soccer is on 2014. Keep up the good work Dina and staff and see you again on our next holiday.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank Trevor M
Waikiki
“Nice food, friendly staff and good atmosphere”
Reviewed September 12, 2013 via mobile

We had the signature ribs and salmon.

The food was nice and reasonably priced. The staff were very friendly.

This place isnt fine dining but is a reasonable meal on the outskirts of ubud. They could benefit from a lunch menu though

• Visited September 2013