“Cute cafe with lots of emphasis on healthy and delicious food”
Review of Ethos Ubud - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Ethos Ubud
Reviewed September 13, 2013

Even in a town that emphasizes nutrition and earth-friendliness, Ethos stands out. Besides denoting the usual vegetarian, vegan, and gluten-free items, the menu points out probiotics, prebiotics, and superfoods. The second half of the menu is essentially a written lecture on nutrition, including statistics and charts. They also make their own yogurt. This place is serious about health!

The blueberry lassi was very good and tasted noticeably different than any other lassi I've ever had (because of the homemade yogurt). It had a distinct fermented taste rather than the usual yogurt taste, but was still quite tasty. For dinner, I had the tempeh plate, which also included rice, mashed sweet potatoes (awesome!), and sauteed mushrooms. Everything was super delicious, though I'd suggest some sauce for the tempeh since the rice, tempeh, and potatoes are all dry.

The cafe itself is super cute, on a quiet side street, and even has a small library and device charging station. This place completely flew under the radar for me when I was researching restaurants in Ubud and I'm really happy I happened to walk by on the way home from a dance performance. Definitely check this place out!

1  Thank Kyle G
Reviewed April 19, 2013

Ethos is one of my favourite places to eat and get a cold drink in Ubud. The food is fresh, healthy and tastes great. Some of my favourites on the menu are the Museli with yoghurt, the superfood donughts and the kombucha tea. Ethos also have a book swapping station, a water refill point and good wifi. The staff are really friendly and would often bring out free samples to try. Well worth a visit.

1  Thank AdventureMash