“Very polite, nice and understanding driver!”

Dewa Alit - Private Tours
Ranked #8 of 424 Tours in Ubud
Reviewed March 15, 2013

For our first visit to Bali, we was highly recommended from a friend to contact Dewa for driving us around Bali. Can't thank my friend enough for this recommendation. Dewa is an excellent choice. He's very careful, friendly and polite, reliable and especiall we learnt a lot about local culture, places of interests and interesting stories from him. He's more than a driver, he's an super tour guide full of knowledge. If you want a peace of mind on the road, starting out comfortably on your trip there, email Dewa:)

All reviews
in 11 reviews
"tirta empul"
in 5 reviews

Reviewed February 26, 2013

We found Dewa on Tripadvisor while planning our visit to Bali. We arrived on a cruiseshp and had arranged for Dewa to meet us at the pier and bring us to our hotel in Nusa Dua. This was arranged via e-mails and telephone calls. From the first meting to the final good-by four days later was a perfectly delighful experience. Dewa is a careful driver and with the plethora of motorbikes in Bali, excellent driving skills are vitally important. Dewa is a font of information about Bali, Hinduism, politics and Balinese culture and history. We not only saw tourist attractions like the Lake Temples and rice Terraces and the elephant preserve, but Dewa took us to different villages and local neighborhoods. He is an excellent tour guide with perfect English make Dewa Alit Tours yours the right choice when visiting Bali.

1  Thank Randy105
Reviewed February 14, 2013

I have invited Dewa to be our driver on the past two trips to Bali. I do use other drivers, but what I find special about Dewa is his incredible knowledge of Balinese culture and history AND his ability to tell amazingly detailed stories that bring this all to life. Sure, other drivers know culture and history, but he has a particular personal passion for some of the more meaningful tourist destinations like Gunung Kawi (mountain god temple) and Pura Tirta Empul (holy springs temple). I've been to Pura Tirta Empul three times, each time with a different guide. Dewa made the experience the most meaningful, to actually change into proper attire and be bathed/cleansed in the holy water, and he told us what every single spiggot of water meant, etc, etc. I also had clients with me this past trip when he took us to these places and they were equally impressed. I would definitely go back to these sites with him. And of course he is everything you want a guide and driver to be: courteous and professional, a safe driver, etc. His fees are also consistent with all other drivers I've met.

1  Thank ErinOwen
Reviewed February 13, 2013

I have been going to Bali for many years now and have known Dewa for almost as long. We have spent many hours in the car together where Dewa has entertained me, my family and friends and filled us in on many aspects of Balinese culture and life. He is a very skilled driver and I'm grateful for his ability to drive safely (you know what I mean if you've experienced traffic in Bali!). He speaks English fluently which allows for a good amount of personal exchange. He is reliable, punctual and trustworthy. I highly recommend his services as a driver and tour guide. We certainly also consider Dewa a friend.

See more reviews
Reviewed February 12, 2013

I refer all my friends who are going to Bali, to Dewa, as a driver and tour guide, who is friendly, reliable, flexible, honest, patient, and kind. His knowledge of English makes him especially suited to his profession and his familiarity with religious and spiritual customs makes it possible for tourists to see local temple ceremonies and public spectacles like cremation processions. He also was very helpful to me when I had broken my foot, assisting me in getting from one place to another and supporting me to walk, taking a personal interest in my well-being. I cannot imagine some of the other drivers I met in Bali doing that! He has a wonderful sense of humor and often made us smile. I cannot recommend him more highly!!