Open today: 9:00 AM - 6:00 PM

Ways to Experience Agung Rai Museum of Art (ARMA)
from $10.00
from $59.00
from $71.49
from $74.68
1,227 results
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed July 2, 2019

ARMA Museum is an oasis in the urban jungle. After a wander around the collections and magical gardens, we sat down with our friendly teacher (and a glass of Balinese coffee) and carved for 3 hours at the sounds of birds and running water. Such a meditative and rewarding experience.

Date of experience: March 2019
Reviewed June 16, 2019 via mobile

Spent 4 hours for woodcarving and silver-making classes. The lessons are conducted by different instructors on beautiful grounds. Took a quick tour in the museum of modern art and it was okay. I felt that I had a better learning experience in the cultural workshops as I was the only student in the workshop and could interact with the instructors.

Date of experience: June 2019
Reviewed June 4, 2019

For amazing art in an amazing space the ARMA is unique, it is a huge area that encompasses beautiful grounds, multiple stages, a few different collection of contemporary and traditional art along with rotating exhibits and creative programming

Reviewed May 27, 2019

I enjoyed an hour long visit here. I was pressed from time and wished I had another hour. This museum has a lot of beautiful, interesting, indonesian paintings. Its worth the very small fee for sure. Easy to get to as well, as its in the downtown area.

1  Thank rob788
Reviewed May 19, 2019

I decided on this museum, out of the 3 that I read reviews about. We went on a Sunday mid-morning, and there were hardly any people there. There was an employee that almost immediately started talking to us to help us get oriented. Very nice gentleman who had worked there for 12 years. He suggested going to see the local children receiving dance lessons and took us to the building. Any local child can receive these free lessons. We really enjoyed watching them. As in the rest of Indonesia, we felt comfortable taking photographs.

There are 2 buildings containing art; neither is especially large. We didn't care as much for the building with modern artwork, although it's worth walking through. We much preferred the traditional Balinese art. The signs are in multiple languages.

There were several artists in the gardens doing art--two men working on a large stone-carved statue, plus a couple others painting. The gardens were lovely.

We also walked through some of the hotel grounds, where museum visitors are welcome. The entrance price includes free tea or coffee. We enjoyed a wonderful iced coffee in Kafe ARMA. There is also a Thai restaurant in the hotel area where you can get your complimentary drink.

We were very happy with spending a couple hours at this venue. I can't compare it to the Neka or Lukisan art museums, but felt this was worth the cost of entry and time spent.