Open today: 9:00 AM - 6:00 PM

Ways to Experience Agung Rai Museum of Art (ARMA)
from $10.00
from $59.00
from $71.49
from $74.68
1,227 results
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed May 19, 2019

I decided on this museum, out of the 3 that I read reviews about. We went on a Sunday mid-morning, and there were hardly any people there. There was an employee that almost immediately started talking to us to help us get oriented. Very nice gentleman who had worked there for 12 years. He suggested going to see the local children receiving dance lessons and took us to the building. Any local child can receive these free lessons. We really enjoyed watching them. As in the rest of Indonesia, we felt comfortable taking photographs.

There are 2 buildings containing art; neither is especially large. We didn't care as much for the building with modern artwork, although it's worth walking through. We much preferred the traditional Balinese art. The signs are in multiple languages.

There were several artists in the gardens doing art--two men working on a large stone-carved statue, plus a couple others painting. The gardens were lovely.

We also walked through some of the hotel grounds, where museum visitors are welcome. The entrance price includes free tea or coffee. We enjoyed a wonderful iced coffee in Kafe ARMA. There is also a Thai restaurant in the hotel area where you can get your complimentary drink.

We were very happy with spending a couple hours at this venue. I can't compare it to the Neka or Lukisan art museums, but felt this was worth the cost of entry and time spent.

Date of experience: May 2019
Reviewed April 17, 2019

An intriguing collection of historical and contemporary local art, well displayed and interpreted set in beautiful gardens.

Reviewed April 1, 2019

Fantastic gallery. Full of interesting works. We took a silvermaking course which lasted around 3 hours and came away with a couple of beautiful pieces of jewellery and some priceless memories. A fantastic way to spend an afternoon.

1  Thank B_Dazzles
Reviewed March 24, 2019 via mobile

Astounding galleries and grounds but whole experience marred by
attendant who followed me around gallery. I was the only person looking round and he stayed right behind me. Then of course he started to tell me where to go next and wouldn’t leave me in peace. I have spent enough time in this part of the world to be used to constant harassment on streets and in shops but in a an art gallery!!

In the grounds this carried on. Do you want to have coffee with us! I had had enough and left. I will try again because there is so much to look at. But please leave people alone to enjoy it.

1  Thank sheenw
Reviewed February 19, 2019

My fiancee and I enjoyed the museum and the grounds areas. Very nice collection of Bali and Indonesian Art. Not Air conditioned , but still pleasant and comfortable.

Date of experience: February 2019