“Monkey fun!”

Ranked #4 of 129 things to do in Ubud
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: In this unusual place of worship, mischievous simians throng among sacred temples and lush greenery.
Melbourne, Australia
21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Monkey fun!”
Reviewed March 7, 2014

Ever since I watched George of the Jungle (as a little kid) I have wanted to pat a little monkey.
At the beautiful monkey forest I was able to pat, feed and even have one sit on my shoulder! It was quite an experience, one I'll never forget.

The surrounding forest is beautiful and its worth your time to have a walk around and check out the cool statues and temples.

I do recommend you get all the necessary shots and vaccinations before visiting!

Visited June 2013

• Turkish first
Adelaide, Australia
246 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 249 helpful votes
“Don't bring peanuts !!!!”
Reviewed March 7, 2014

We visted this spot on our tour of Ubud.
Who isn't fascinted by monkeys…
There are plenty to see and they will interact with the vistors but be careful if you bring any food..they are experts at stealing it from you pockets !

Sydney, Australia
22 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“Monkey Forest Visit”
Reviewed March 7, 2014

Very popular tourist destination....was very busy. These monkeys are quite good if you treat them with respect...we saw a monkey take a bottle of water off a guy & he tried to get it back & got quite cranky when the monkey went to strike him....what an idiot....we had no trouble & even our young teenager with us had monkeys crawling over her & they were fine.....with the visit but the crowds are a bit much....

Brisbane, Australia
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Entertaining to watch the monkeys but...”
Reviewed March 7, 2014

If you buy bananas from the vendors the entrance or take food for the monkeys, give it to them as soon as possible as they will literally 'mug' you if you don't. I didn't enjoy the feeding aspect of the visit as I felt too threatened by the monkeys whilst I was holding the bananas. However, once I offloaded the food it was fun sitting down watching the monkeys antics. One did try to steal my hat though, so you have to keep a close eye on your possessions.

Perth, Australia
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 34 helpful votes
“So Much Fun!!!”
Reviewed March 6, 2014

The monkeys are everywhere and climb up on your shoulders to get a banana if you hold it up in the air... Definitely an experience!!!

Visited February 2014